Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:42:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Been saying for years Obama was not leaving office or coming back as a dictator from hell.  So when?
Vlad, you’ve only gotten crazier since you got here some 9 years ago.  

Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 293 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -- The Riddle of the Twin Brothers - Who Were, Are and Will Rule the World!  (Read 382303 times)
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2017, 10:09:40 AM

Whoa there Pilgrim....

How much do you actually spend in Bitcoin?

Edit:
I think people still fail to see that the tx fee is satoshis per kB, not per tx. Therefore not every transaction has that full amount tacked on unless it is a withdrawal fee from an exchange, etc.

I see your point but it won't change much.  I don't spend much - any BTC I buy is to HODL, but it's not hard to see how the fees have spiked and how they will go much higher for small ticket items if BTC goes over $10,000.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2017, 10:17:08 AM

It sounds to me like you have no idea how fees are calculated at all do you?

Ok.  What's the difference in txs size, in kb if I buy a $.50 candy bar vs a $50,000 car?  I'm willing to bet it's not 100,000 times larger in which case it will get increasingly and prohibitively expensive to buy small ticket items using Bitcoin as the price of Bitcoin greatly increases.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2017, 10:31:39 AM

http://bitzuma.com/posts/making-sense-of-bitcoin-transaction-fees/

Like I said, you were not seemingly grasping the dynamics of tx fees.

Thanks for the link.  I know there are other variables involved but in my mind the main ones are the price of Bitcoin and lack of scalibility.  People don't calculate txs costs using full blocks and a $10,000+ Bitcoin price.  At that price [and actually much higher] the fees will simply be too high for normal daily txs. 

I don't think the best core coders in the world are working on things like Segwit, Lightening Network, SideChains, etc just for fun.  I think they understand Bitcoin won't scale as required and fees for daily txs will be too high.

I think in 6-12 months this will become very clear. 

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2017, 12:33:45 PM

I think the root of this problem, is that you misunderstand the point of the blockchain and the point of the reward. The blockchain is the most important aspect, the coins transacted are just the lubrication. The value of the coin is not what is important, at least not the way you think it is.
Until you fully understand which of the "chicken" or the "egg" is the most important asset in the equation the conclusions you have will forever be tainted.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=551513.msg6012178#msg6012178

I agree that my conclusions have always been contrary to the common beliefs here and that is in fact because my premises were always different. 

Whether my conclusions are tainted or the large majority here remains to be seen.  What I have witnessed again and again is that in cryptoworld NOTHING and NO-ONE is what it seems.  To have accurate conclusions you must first understand what's really happening and why, and what will be the end result down the road. 

Right or wrong, it should be exciting to see what happens in the coming months and years.  Thx for your input, you're a smart, well informed guy. 

shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 03:02:46 PM

I was talking exactly about this a couple years ago and the BTC fees have indeed increased and will continue to do so, significantly.  Bitcoin will NOT be used as a daily transaction currency.  Like I've been saying for nearly 4 years:  Find the Crypto that will be and you'll be rich [and a champion of the people]. 

A little math since even now most "experts" don't seem to get it.  This is a real life example someone recently had which was posted on reddit which clearly shows what I've been saying.

"With a .0001 BTC required transaction fee for all transactions under .01 BTC, that amounts to a 6% transaction fee (at today's exchange rates) for a $1 USD transaction. And that equates to a 12% fee for a $.50 USD transaction. These fees are significantly higher than credit card fees, Paypal fees, Western Union fees, and even foreign exchange rate fees."

"A few days ago, I didn't realize any of this information (i.e. the required fees), so I tried to send $1 worth of BTC to a friend WITHOUT a transaction fee to show him how "amazing" this new technology is. Turns out to be not very amazing at all, because the transaction never confirmed because of the lack of the transaction fee. Worst of all, there seems to be nothing I can do about it... I can't even add the 6% fee to it now, in order to get it confirmed!"

At $1,200 per Bitcoin these fees will double. At $10,000 [which should come next year] these fees will go up by nearly 20 fold.  They cannot lower these fees anymore and they have actually been raising them to help get the blocks confirmed.

What this means is that in the next 12 months Bitcoin will not be usable for any transactions under ~$20 which are probably ~90% of the transactions in the world.  

Add to this the transactions per second limit/problem Bitcoin cannot overcome and you can see Bitcoin is in serious trouble and will need a "helper" very very soon - like in the next few months.

Short term they'll add multiple currencies, like LTC, Doge [and a few others] to payment processors [like BitPay and Coinbase] to help pick up the extra (cheaper) volume.

But those currencies are lacking in many ways, especially when it comes to security.

So it's amazing to me that not even now can these so called experts see what's really going on with Bitcoin and iXcoin.

Should be a very interesting 2nd half of the year this year.

It seems that the community does not have an idea what coins to use for small transactions. They are focusing on anonymous feature and decentralized coin which is not focusing at the real problem.
I am looking at the next daily transaction currency but there is no other alternative.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2017, 03:07:10 PM

It seems that the community does not have an idea what coins to use for small transactions. They are focusing on anonymous feature and decentralized coin which is not focusing at the real problem.
I am looking at the next daily transaction currency but there is no other alternative.

Yeah, they follow each other like sheep into coins that cannot possibly have a future, politically. 

Multiple coins will update to segwit and work towards lightening network [i.e. Viacoin and Litecoin] but I still think IXC is the ideal choice and we're doing our best to make it happen. 

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2017, 11:20:20 PM

Trump!!!

I think president Trump is gonna pass some huge unexpected laws that will massively accelerate Bitcoin/crypto adoption.  And he's gonna do it early in his first term.

The Treasury is a department of the Executive Branch; thus, the President controls it.  People think this won't happen since that's what Kennedy tried and he went home early. 

But this time it's different.  Very different and I think this will be the route to mass adoption - to bypass the fed.  There should be a *cough* in there somewhere.  I'll let you figure that part out.

This is gonna get really really exciting when it finally happens.  ETF then Trump-time. 

Unworldly price run, which, BTW, is the real reason the Chinese exchanges just removed the margin leverage.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 04:21:41 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2017, 05:00:40 AM by Gleb Gamow

Trump!!!

I think president Trump is gonna pass some huge unexpected laws that will massively accelerate Bitcoin/crypto adoption.  And he's gonna do it early in his first term.

The Treasury is a department of the Executive Branch; thus, the President controls it.  People think this won't happen since that's what Kennedy tried and he went home early.  

But this time it's different.  Very different and I think this will be the route to mass adoption - to bypass the fed.  There should be a *cough* in there somewhere.  I'll let you figure that part out.

This is gonna get really really exciting when it finally happens.  ETF then Trump-time.  

Unworldly price run, which, BTW, is the real reason the Chinese exchanges just removed the margin leverage.

<with apologies for being on-topic  Cry>

The following timeline is not beyond the realm of possibility:

October 2008: Satoshi pens Bitcoin white paper during Bush administration:
Next 8 years: Obama in office while Bitcoin gets its legs.
January 2017: Trump takes office.
Forward: NSA et al. is very, very, very happy now that ...

The data center is alleged to be able to process "all forms of communication, including the complete contents of private emails, cell phone calls, and Internet searches, as well as all types of personal data trails—parking receipts, travel itineraries, bookstore purchases, and other digital 'pocket litter' [not to mention Bitcoin and other current and future blockchain-based currencies]."

Emphasized content within brackets mine. Think about it. The general consensus is that the world's financial sector is on the verge of collapse, so enter Bitcoin et al. to save the day under the watch of a clown operated by strings. (TBC, me's no Hilary et al. fan)

Oh, and if you think [or known] that I'm crazy, consider the following:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/homeland-security-to-use-blockchain-in-tracking-goods-people-globally

Several financial institutions and banks that are looking into the implementation of Blockchain-based platforms are attempting to lay their Blockchain technologies on top of existing systems. The goal behind launching a Blockchain project on a pre-existing system is to have two core networks co-exist and thus provide more security and efficiency to their consumers.

Kevin McAleenan, deputy commissioner of Customs and Border Protection, believes that either way, Blockchain technology will be applied to a wide range of applications and platforms that are operated by the DHS in the near future.

"Then we got Trump elected president and blamed it on the Russians, backing up our pseudo claims with our very own leaked dossier."
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 07:38:21 PM

--snip--

Bitcoin transaction fees is outrageous at the moment. I need to pay close to 3 dollars for my transaction to be confirmed within 6 blocks. Is there anywhere else I can send bitcoin without paying such hefty fees.

For small transactions, we need to use another coin as the fee is really too much.

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe your transaction size is big enough; that is spending from many outputs. Besides that, it is well known that for small value transactions bitcoin is not the most appropriate way. Some people may disagree with me, but after Segwit activation only Lightning Networks will solve these kind of problems i.e micropayment transactions and quick network confirmations, even though there is an  increased debate about it https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1746583.0
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 01:08:58 AM

Trump!!!

I think president Trump is gonna pass some huge unexpected laws that will massively accelerate Bitcoin/crypto adoption.  And he's gonna do it early in his first term.

The Treasury is a department of the Executive Branch; thus, the President controls it.  People think this won't happen since that's what Kennedy tried and he went home early.  

But this time it's different.  Very different and I think this will be the route to mass adoption - to bypass the fed.  There should be a *cough* in there somewhere.  I'll let you figure that part out.

This is gonna get really really exciting when it finally happens.  ETF then Trump-time.  

<with apologies for being on-topic  Cry>

The following timeline is not beyond the realm of possibility:

October 2008: Satoshi pens Bitcoin white paper during Bush administration:
Next 8 years: Obama in office while Bitcoin gets its legs.
January 2017: Trump takes office.
Forward: NSA et al. is very, very, very happy now that ...

The data center is alleged to be able to process "all forms of communication, including the complete contents of private emails, cell phone calls, and Internet searches, as well as all types of personal data trails—parking receipts, travel itineraries, bookstore purchases, and other digital 'pocket litter' [not to mention Bitcoin and other current and future blockchain-based currencies]."

Emphasized content within brackets mine. Think about it. The general consensus is that the world's financial sector is on the verge of collapse, so enter Bitcoin et al. to save the day under the watch of a clown operated by strings. (TBC, me's no Hilary et al. fan)

Oh, and if you think [or known] that I'm crazy, consider the following:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/homeland-security-to-use-blockchain-in-tracking-goods-people-globally

Several financial institutions and banks that are looking into the implementation of Blockchain-based platforms are attempting to lay their Blockchain technologies on top of existing systems. The goal behind launching a Blockchain project on a pre-existing system is to have two core networks co-exist and thus provide more security and efficiency to their consumers.

Kevin McAleenan, deputy commissioner of Customs and Border Protection, believes that either way, Blockchain technology will be applied to a wide range of applications and platforms that are operated by the DHS in the near future.

"Then we got Trump elected president and blamed it on the Russians, backing up our pseudo claims with our very own leaked dossier."

<expanding upon the expressed, with apologies for quoting myself>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgrqs_m5g7A

http://archive.sltrib.com/story.php?ref=/ci_12735293

The agency is building a similar center in San Antonio at the site of a former Sony microchip plant.

"Then I told the joke of you might be an NSA redneck if you prefer relocating to our mega data center in Texas with your one wife oppose to relocating to our mega data center in Utah, there claiming to be a Mormon so to enjoy more than one wife."

http://archive.sltrib.com/story.php?ref=/news/ci_12744661

The National Security Agency was so confident that its nearly $2 billion plan for a new data center in Utah would be approved by Congress that it began designing the facility last November.

Let's see here, doing the math, the above article was published on July 2, 2009, ergo the November spoketh of would've been November 2008. Satoshi Nakamoto's white paper was released on ... wait for it ... October 31, 2008. What are the odds?
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2017, 07:15:14 AM

Let's see here, doing the math, the above article was published on July 2, 2009, ergo the November spoketh of would've been November 2008. Satoshi Nakamoto's white paper was released on ... wait for it ... October 31, 2008. What are the odds?

Good research.  Good maths. 

President trump could reverse these laws but my guess is he won't and in fact he will add to them. 

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 07:55:19 AM

Good research.  Good maths. 

President trump could reverse these laws but my guess is he won't and in fact he will add to them. 

Whatever! The next thing you'll be telling us is that Trump will dismantle Obamacare after he expands it via throwing more money at it prior to replacing it with something just as, if not more sinister than Obamacare. Oh, wait ...

The only saving grace is that Trump hasn't populated his cabinet with billionaires who can't wait to take a cut in pay so to serve their country. Oh, wait again ...

TBC, I voted for the goofball because voting for his opponent would've made me the goofball, and I already get enough googballness from <I have no fuckin idea what I'm tryin to say here, but did learnt that I've been spelling fuckin and tryin incorrectly by formally including single quote mark thingies unnecessarily>
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2017, 08:26:25 AM

Whatever! The next thing you'll be telling us is that Trump will dismantle Obamacare after he expands it via throwing more money at it prior to replacing it with something just as, if not more sinister than Obamacare. Oh, wait ...

The only saving grace is that Trump hasn't populated his cabinet with billionaires who can't wait to take a cut in pay so to serve their country. Oh, wait again ...

TBC, I voted for the goofball because voting for his opponent would've made me the goofball, and I already get enough googballness from <I have no fuckin idea what I'm tryin to say here, but did learnt that I've been spelling fuckin and tryin incorrectly by formally including single quote mark thingies unnecessarily>

I have high hopes for Trump.  If he just keeps half his promises we're good to go.

I just feel like really hard times are coming and there's no way out of that regardless of who is president. 

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 06:03:23 PM

I have high hopes for Trump.  If he just keeps half his promises we're good to go.

I just feel like really hard times are coming and there's no way out of that regardless of who is president.  

Newsflash: Obamacare to be replaced with Trumpcare, and if the new prez keeps half his promise, only 14M would lose insurance coverage oppose to 28M (somebody check my math cause I was never good at multiplying 1/2 fraction thingies).
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2017, 10:00:23 PM

Earth Muppets:  Last Call!!!

[Bitcoin Magazine] - Blockstream Releases Sidechain White Paper on Liquid and Strong Federations
Jan 19, 20172:28 PM EST by Giulio Prisco

The seminal Bitcoin sidechains white paper “Enabling Blockchain Innovations with Pegged Sidechains,” released in 2014 by a team that went on to form Blockstream, a leading company in the blockchain space, envisaged an ecosystem of “sidechains” separate from the main Bitcoin blockchain but interoperable with it via peg mechanisms.

A sidechain can carry bitcoin as currency, in which case users will be able to seamlessly transfer bitcoin between the sidechain and the main blockchain. A sidechain can implement more powerful scripting features or more watertight privacy. Increased throughput is another key improvement over Bitcoin that can be implemented in a sidechain.

In 2015, Bitcoin Magazine covered Blockstream’s plans for the first commercial Bitcoin sidechain, code-named, “Liquid,” able to provide instant transactions with a fast settlement layer for bitcoin exchanges, brokerages and other industry members. “As its main advantage, Liquid provides instant and secure transactions among all users of the sidechain,” claims Blockstream. “While Bitcoin transactions can typically take up to an hour to be sufficiently secured by the blockchain, Liquid offers a similar level of security within seconds.”

Now Blockstream has released another white paper, titled  "Strong Federations: An Interoperable Blockchain Solution to Centralized Third Party Risks.” The new white paper introduces improvements over the federated peg mechanism mentioned in the first white paper. In particular, the consensus mechanism and trust model have been updated; mechanisms that allow settlement back to a parent chain in case of failure have also been introduced.

In essence, Strong Federations are cleverly constructed multisig addresses, where bitcoins are “locked in.” These bitcoins can be unlocked only if enough key holders agree the payment is valid. This setup can make for publicly verifiable, Byzantine-robust transaction networks that facilitate movement of any asset among disparate markets, without requiring centralized trust in any single party. It can also provide commercial privacy, with support for transactions where asset types and amounts are opaque while preserving the public verifiability inherent to Bitcoin

The new white paper consolidates and expands the initial concept of Liquid, which is now presented as a first implementation of a Strong Federation. “The first working implementation of a Strong Federation is Liquid — a Bitcoin exchange and brokerage multi-signature sidechain that bypasses Bitcoin’s inherent limitations while leveraging its security properties,” note the authors. In Liquid, “consensus history is a blockchain where every block is signed by the majority of a deterministic, globally-distributed set of functionaries running on hardened platforms, a methodology that directly aligns incentives for the participants.”

According to Blockstream, Strong Federations will be useful in many general-purpose industries, especially those that need secure and private exchange of digital assets, without a single party that controls the custodianship, execution and settling of transactions.

“This new construction establishes a security profile inherently superior to existing methods of rapid transfer and settlement among exchanges and brokerages, and is directly applicable to other problems within existing financial institutions,” note Blockstream experts Johnny Dilley, Jonathan Wilkins and Marta Piekarska, co-authors of the white paper.

It’s worth noting that, contrary to the current trend toward sanitized, “permissioned” non-Bitcoin blockchains that deliberately disown the libertarian attitude of early Bitcoin adopters, the Blockstream approach remains anchored to the public Bitcoin blockchain and informed by a commitment to privacy and liberty.

“Our efforts focus on developing systems that protect individual liberty through cryptographic mechanisms as the right to privacy is one of the essential components of a free society,” the authors of the white paper state. “Liquid and Strong Federations attempt to improve upon the privacy guarantees offered by Bitcoin, whose open-by-default model often results in users inadvertently leaking personally-identifying information.”

kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 05:13:09 AM

FYI: Personal Pet Peeve
Blockstream guys are a bunch of dumb asses. IMO  Cheesy

All coins are permissioned, None are permissionless.

Here is why PoW is Permissioned, ( mined on a CPU or ASIC)
Facts
Permissions Required to generate a PoW Block if you Mine it
1.  Permission from the ASICS seller , to buy their ASIC.
2.  Permission from your local Govenment to allow the ASIC to be shipped to you.
3   Permission from the Electric Company to power your ASIC.
4.  Permission from the Mining pool you have to join because group mining is your only shot
5.  Permission from your ISP , so you have internet access to attempt to mine it.
6.  Permission from the original programmer thru the Open Source License granted so you can run the software.
If you pay someone else to mine it , You need their permission and acceptance of your currency.

Permissions Required if you just buy it. (Same for PoW & PoS)
1.  Permission from the Exchange
2.  Permission from the Seller

Free Faucet  (Same for PoW & PoS)
1.  Permission from the one running the faucet

Hopefully we can put that falsehood permissioned verses permissionless to rest , because nothing peeves me more that hearing the same lie more than once.
There are No Permissionless systems in crypto.

Cool

FYI2:
Locking BTC up onchain, does not actually move the BTC onto a side chain, that is just stupidity on their part.
Also offchain or sidechains both hold the potential to introduce counterfeiting & fractional reserve systems into crypto.
(Onchain transactions can not be counterfeit and they can not run fractional reserves with it onchain, which is why offchain/sidechain is just the banking scum worming their way into crypto.)  Tongue
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2017, 07:48:17 AM

Great post.  I've always felt the same way, there is no such thing as a trustless or permissionless chain.  No anonymity or decentralization either.  Just varying degrees which can and will be easily altered with time/adoption.

But you can't blame blockstream, the anarchists and libertarians, who probably make up 90% of crypto were sold on this pipe dream and will have a meltdown if they're woken up abruptly. 

That said, I don't agree with your latter points about sidechains, although I'm not a techie.  Counterfeiting won't be possible without being easily and instantly caught and tracked infinitely easier than with fiat.  So that is a moot point.  And they will not use offchain - at least not for the 7.4 billion monkeys, that would defeat the whole purpose of the block and chain protocol. 

As for fractional reserve banking:  DUH!!! 

How many lies are people gonna actually eat?  All of these things were fairly common sense unless one was gullible or delusional.  You didn't even need to understand the tech, just the way of the world and human nature.  Even now there have been multiple large scale cases of fractional reserve banking using Bitcoin.  Call it the nature of the beast, or the natural regression of things.  It's simply gonna happen and no muppet is gonna stop it.

Blockstream has the best crypto coders in the world, and for all you know they're secretly working with Satoshi, so whatever they come up with will go mainstream and it will be completely secure and counterfeit proof. 

Enjoy the sidechain show; I know I will.  Smiley

FYI: Personal Pet Peeve
Blockstream guys are a bunch of dumb asses. IMO  Cheesy

All coins are permissioned, None are permissionless.

Here is why PoW is Permissioned, ( mined on a CPU or ASIC)
Facts
Permissions Required to generate a PoW Block if you Mine it
1.  Permission from the ASICS seller , to buy their ASIC.
2.  Permission from your local Govenment to allow the ASIC to be shipped to you.
3   Permission from the Electric Company to power your ASIC.
4.  Permission from the Mining pool you have to join because group mining is your only shot
5.  Permission from your ISP , so you have internet access to attempt to mine it.
6.  Permission from the original programmer thru the Open Source License granted so you can run the software.
If you pay someone else to mine it , You need their permission and acceptance of your currency.

Permissions Required if you just buy it. (Same for PoW & PoS)
1.  Permission from the Exchange
2.  Permission from the Seller

Free Faucet  (Same for PoW & PoS)
1.  Permission from the one running the faucet

Hopefully we can put that falsehood permissioned verses permissionless to rest , because nothing peeves me more that hearing the same lie more than once.
There are No Permissionless systems in crypto.

Cool

FYI2:
Locking BTC up onchain, does not actually move the BTC onto a side chain, that is just stupidity on their part.
Also offchain or sidechains both hold the potential to introduce counterfeiting & fractional reserve systems into crypto.
(Onchain transactions can not be counterfeit and they can not run fractional reserves with it onchain, which is why offchain/sidechain is just the banking scum worming their way into crypto.)  Tongue

kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 08:49:26 AM

Great post.  I've always felt the same way, there is no such thing as a trustless or permissionless chain.  No anonymity or decentralization either.  Just varying degrees which can and will be easily altered with time/adoption.

But you can't blame blockstream, the anarchists and libertarians, who probably make up 90% of crypto were sold on this pipe dream and will have a meltdown if they're woken up abruptly.  

That said, I don't agree with your latter points about sidechains, although I'm not a techie.  Counterfeiting won't be possible without being easily and instantly caught and tracked infinitely easier than with fiat.  So that is a moot point.  And they will not use offchain - at least not for the 7.4 billion monkeys, that would defeat the whole purpose of the block and chain protocol.  

As for fractional reserve banking:  DUH!!!  

How many lies are people gonna actually eat?  All of these things were fairly common sense unless one was gullible or delusional.  You didn't even need to understand the tech, just the way of the world and human nature.  Even now there have been multiple large scale cases of fractional reserve banking using Bitcoin.  Call it the nature of the beast, or the natural regression of things.  It's simply gonna happen and no muppet is gonna stop it.

Blockstream has the best crypto coders in the world, and for all you know they're secretly working with Satoshi, so whatever they come up with will go mainstream and it will be completely secure and counterfeit proof.  

Enjoy the sidechain show; I know I will.  Smiley

Blockstream has been the only company funding the development of the Lightning Network so far.
Lightening Network will be an OffChain BTC Payment network.   Shocked
It will allow a fractional reserve type system to be installed, after that counterfeiting coins is a small step.
Offchain systems do not have the verification protections of an OnChain System.

Cool
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2017, 10:34:17 PM

Meanwhile, in America...

Crazy lefties continue to riot in the streets even after president Trump's inauguration.  This is what I expected, ~18 months ago, when I predicted Trump would win, only I expected worse and sooner.

This should escalate [quickly] until a spark sets off the next phase:  Martial Law!

Western Europe is ready to "flame on" and president Putin, who was starting to actually grow on me, has decided to take advantage of the coming global chaos and play geographical chess with Romania.  Moldova's got back now, so their starving asses grew a set and are hinting that half of Romania is theirs, and no doubt the Hungarian mongols and the impoverished Bulgarians will join the raping and pillaging of Romania.

It's gonna be raining [dead] men. 

Soooooo much fun is about to start and everybody's got front-row seats. 

Enjoy!

prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2017, 03:17:05 AM

Meanwhile, in America...

Crazy lefties continue to riot in the streets even after president Trump's inauguration.  This is what I expected, ~18 months ago, when I predicted Trump would win, only I expected worse and sooner.

This should escalate [quickly] until a spark sets off the next phase:  Martial Law!

Western Europe is ready to "flame on" and president Putin, who was starting to actually grow on me, has decided to take advantage of the coming global chaos and play geographical chess with Romania.  Moldova's got back now, so their starving asses grew a set and are hinting that half of Romania is theirs, and no doubt the Hungarian mongols and the impoverished Bulgarians will join the raping and pillaging of Romania.

It's gonna be raining [dead] men. 

Soooooo much fun is about to start and everybody's got front-row seats. 

Enjoy!

I cannot confirm nor deny that this man at the Trump inauguration with the strange hat is part of the lizard people world overlords

Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 293 »
  Print  

Jump to: