Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:55:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about buying bitcoins on EUR-based Bitnovo  (Read 351 times)
Duherty (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 10:17:20 AM

I have used this site once before, but my payment was declined or just didn't go through. Now that I think about, I believe it's simply because I didn't have enough money in my bank account (I use debit card). Or does the site require 3D-secure cards only?

First off, does anyone else have experience with this service? My main question is, since Bitnovo is EUR-based and not USD-based, will it work smoothly and automatically convert the currency properly if I pay with a USD debit card that is linked to a USD checking account (registered in the US)?
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6144

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 10:29:43 AM

A few months back , I asked about this service , It looks like Its legit indeed but they need some verifications first. As the owner mentioned :

"We accept most of the countries for the purchases. The card must be full 3Ds for the purchases. Full KYC verification is passed on the first purchase."

See his full answer : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1681890.msg16897541#msg16897541
If your card is accepted then yes they should logically convert the balance from USD to EUR without issues.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Duherty (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 10:39:43 AM

A few months back , I asked about this service , It looks like Its legit indeed but they need some verifications first. As the owner mentioned :

"We accept most of the countries for the purchases. The card must be full 3Ds for the purchases. Full KYC verification is passed on the first purchase."

See his full answer : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1681890.msg16897541#msg16897541
If your card is accepted then yes they should logically convert the balance from USD to EUR without issues.
I tried registering for Verified by Visa through my bank yesterday (haven't tried it through Visa yet), and apparently they need the last 4 digits of my SSN. I don't know my SSN, so I asked my mom for it and I told her about Verified by Visa and she's really sketched out by it. Can you confirm that Verified by Visa is legitimate and secure (based on how it works, it really depends on the site you're buying from to determine if their use of the SSN is legit or they're just trying to collect or scam)?
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6144

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 10:44:35 AM

I tried registering for Verified by Visa through my bank yesterday (haven't tried it through Visa yet), and apparently they need the last 4 digits of my SSN. I don't know my SSN, so I asked my mom for it and I told her about Verified by Visa and she's really sketched out by it. Can you confirm that Verified by Visa is legitimate and secure (based on how it works, it really depends on the site you're buying from to determine if their use of the SSN is legit or they're just trying to collect or scam)?

I didn't use them honestly , I only asked about them because I saw an ad on blockchain.info and usually BC don't advertise scams and Its available in Bitcoinist , and other press websites so I wouldn't be worried personally.
There are more known and legit services that accepts debit cards though , I'm not sure why you wanted to use Bitnovo.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Duherty (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 10:54:43 AM

I didn't use them honestly , I only asked about them because I saw an ad on blockchain.info and usually BC don't advertise scams and Its available in Bitcoinist , and other press websites so I wouldn't be worried personally.
There are more known and legit services that accepts debit cards though , I'm not sure why you wanted to use Bitnovo.
It's pretty much the only site that didn't ask for ID verification (I'm under 18, so this restricts me considerably), although maybe they do it after the credit card transaction is accepted. I have another thread in this section, several threads down. Perhaps you can give it a look?
bitnovo

Activity: 34

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 09:28:49 AM

It's pretty much the only site that didn't ask for ID verification (I'm under 18, so this restricts me considerably), although maybe they do it after the credit card transaction is accepted. I have another thread in this section, several threads down. Perhaps you can give it a look?

Hello Duherty, we are really sorry about this, but you must be over 18 to purchase on our website, since it is the legal age to make online purchases here in Spain.

Hope to see you around when you turn 18, keep your interest on Bitcoin and contact us if you have any questions!  Wink
philhellmuth

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

Forging Lisk delegate philhellmuth 35% SHARE POOL

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 07:31:05 PM

Hi,
I've received the card from you, loaded it with 100 eur with bitcoins (Bitnovo BTC wallet 19PJfASVB41jjgk8EWwtYFKksCyNoepGtp) and when I tried to use it on 2 ATM's today I got rejected, the error said "Your bank rejected this transaction."

Can you please tell me why is it not working and can I get a refund if it's not working?

Regards

Vote for forging Lisk delegate philhellmuth 35% SHARE POOL and start collecting weekly rewards!

WildPromotion - Crypto related Youtube channel! | Lisk girl - Only Lisk Youtube channel!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: