Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:43:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fort Hood soldiers say Army warned them off tea party, Christian groups  (Read 3786 times)
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 09:16:28 PM

Oh yeah, don't forget Russia's recent rise to infamy as being extremely anti-gay, with gays being beaten, killed, and when protesting, arrested despite being the ones who got assaulted. Why? Because after the fall of USSR, the church ended up taking power. Russia is basically becoming a Christian extremist nation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 12:14:48 AM

Here are some facts.

1.  Since 1983, eight people have been killed in the USA from abortion clinic violence.  How many from muslim violence?

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/AmericanAttacks.htm

3101 in 70 separate attacks in the USA.

Don't forget, we are actually actively trying to kill them there. And that still doesn't prove one way or another whether the christian nucases would go on a killing spree if they weren't concerned about the law coming down on them. They are quite vocal and supporting about stoping abortion by any means, after all.

2.  Kills gays and transsexuals?  Muslims do this routinely today.  Do Christians?  You might be thinking of the Matthew Shepard story.  The one you were lied to about.  Yeah, that one.

http://nypost.com/2013/10/28/uncomfortable-truth-behind-matthew-shepards-death/

Yeah, no, not that one. More like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_violence_against_LGBT_people_in_the_United_States#Violent_acts_against_LGBT_persons and even that is still a short lits. Used to be I would read about some gay person being beaten or killed almost every months just maybe 5 to 10 years ago. Typically people doing this are christian religious extremists.

3.  Is very racist and jingoistic?  I think this may be not an issue/or is equally an issue with either Muslim or Christian.  (not exactly NICE, but not in the same category as murder and violence).

That's true. They wait until we cross into their borders before shooting at us, unlike US military going into other countries, or the mexican border patrol rednecks taking potshots are illegals.

4.  Perfectly happy with stony sinners or burning them at the stake.

No.  These practices occurred in isolated cultures of Christianity, a long time ago.  You can't support an assertion that Christians would be happy with those things today with facts.

Are you sure about that? I'm not saying that all, or even the majority, of Christians are like that, but some of the religious zealotry out there (that has been caught on tape even) is downright scary  Embarrassed

So where you want to go with this equalizing stuff?

I will concede, Christian extremists are not AS crazy, insane, violent, and righteously-murderous as Muslim extremists. They are only somewhat crazy, insane, violent,  and murderous. (glad the KKK is almost gone, but we still have nutcases like the guy in Norway 2 years ago)
I get where you are coming from, and have to think you are making more sense now that we are using the phras "Christian extremists".  This doesn't envelope the broad mess of Christian fundamentalists, and it does not include the Tea party.

Christian extremists do exist, but it's likely you or I have never ran into one.  The simple reason is that the core beliefs of Christians are not leaning much in the direction of violence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism

Far more dangerous are the left wing extremists and radicals in the US.  I could easily reverse the trail of your logic, substituting left wing and Obama followers, and attribute to them characteristics of left wing extremists....

BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 12:28:12 AM

I see far more calls on message boards by atheists to round up and kill Christians than by Christians to round up and kill atheists (or even abortion doctors).

And why is it OK to kill abortion babies but not abortion doctors?

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 12:33:14 AM

I see far more calls on message boards by atheists to round up and kill Christians than by Christians to round up and kill atheists (or even abortion doctors).

I think you are getting trolled. Atheists don't care enough about any values to actually go out ad kill someone. They just want Christians to leave them alone
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 12:50:00 AM

Yeah, and did you read about that atheist who bomb another atheist temple because they disagree on wich disbelief was right?

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:31:48 AM

So... The most intolerable religion right now on this planet in 2013 regarding gay rights and women's rights is the Christian religion? Got it.

Can you believe they let women drive cars and buy bitcoins in the USA and Russia? Incredible!
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:33:14 PM

So... The most intolerable religion right now on this planet in 2013 regarding gay rights and women's rights is the Christian religion? Got it.

Can you believe they let women drive cars and buy bitcoins in the USA and Russia? Incredible!
Yeah, I'm waiting for Rassah's response to all this.

Somehow I do believe he can put it into a rational and reasonable perspective.

....pretty good argument could be made for the exact opposite, that the MOST TOLERANT religions are the Christian ... or to put it more accurately, the Judeochristian cultures...
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:41:33 PM

Well, I have to vote Islam, because it's 2013, but have in mind that we came out from the Dark Ages because of Renaissance and Church lost a lot of power, Islamic countries didn't had such a thing.

And there are many "Christian religions", you have the God Hates Fags people in one corner, and Presbyterians with a gay bishop in the other...

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:16:39 PM

Well, I have to vote Islam, because it's 2013, but have in mind that we came out from the Dark Ages because of Renaissance and Church lost a lot of power, Islamic countries didn't had such a thing.

And there are many "Christian religions", you have the God Hates Fags people in one corner, and Presbyterians with a gay bishop in the other...

The Dark Ages and "Islamic Countries" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%C3%B3rdoba,_Andalusia

Córdoba (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈkorðoβa]; Arabic: قُرطبة‎‎, DIN: Qurṭubah), also called Cordova in English,[1] is a city in Andalusia, southern Spain, and the capital of the province of Córdoba. An Iberian and Roman city in ancient times, in the Middle Ages it became the capital of an Islamic caliphate. The old town contains numerous architectural reminders of when Corduba was the capital of Hispania Ulterior during the Roman Republic and capital of Hispania Baetica during the Roman Empire; and when Qurṭubah (قرطبة) was the capital of the Islamic Caliphate of Córdoba, including most of the Iberian Peninsula.

It has been estimated that in the 10th century Córdoba was the most populous city in the world, and under the rule of Caliph Al Hakam II it had also become a centre for education under its Islamic rulers. Al Hakam II opened many libraries on top of the many medical schools and Universities which existed at this time. Such Universities contributed towards developments in mathematics and astronomy.[2][3] During these centuries Córdoba had become the intellectual centre of Europe [4] and was also noted for its predominantly Muslim society that was tolerant toward its Christian and Jewish minorities.[2][3] Today it is a moderately-sized modern city; its population in 2011 was 330,033.[5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caliphate_of_Cordoba

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 08:12:20 PM

...... and was also noted for its predominantly Muslim society that was tolerant toward its Christian and Jewish minorities.....
Oh ya, sure, tolerant toward the 'people of the book'....

AS LONG AS THEY PAY THEIR SPECIAL TAXES LIKE THE KORAN SAYS!!!

Meaning, peace through subjugation.

That not my type of peace, thank you kindly.  Neither is it a very nice peace for people who are not 'people of the book', they lose their heads...

By the way, back on the OP topic:  I am certain that it is possible to develop a policy statement to warn soldiers about groups they should not associate with which is fair, unbiased and based on historical facts instead of modern prejudice.

For example, they could be told flat out not to associate with any Muslim sects adhering to the teachings of Sayyid Qut'b would be unacceptable.  They didn't do that with Major Hasad.  My guess is they didn't know the implications.
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 09:17:20 PM

Here are some facts.

1.  Since 1983, eight people have been killed in the USA from abortion clinic violence.  How many from muslim violence?

One of these happened to be at Fort Hood, resulting in 13 deaths.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Hood_shooting

But of course those bible thumping Christians are the real threat. Roll Eyes
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 09:28:18 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2013, 09:42:35 PM by pedrog

The Dark Ages and "Islamic Countries" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%C3%B3rdoba,_Andalusia

Córdoba (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈkorðoβa]; Arabic: قُرطبة‎‎, DIN: Qurṭubah), also called Cordova in English,[1] is a city in Andalusia, southern Spain, and the capital of the province of Córdoba. An Iberian and Roman city in ancient times, in the Middle Ages it became the capital of an Islamic caliphate. The old town contains numerous architectural reminders of when Corduba was the capital of Hispania Ulterior during the Roman Republic and capital of Hispania Baetica during the Roman Empire; and when Qurṭubah (قرطبة) was the capital of the Islamic Caliphate of Córdoba, including most of the Iberian Peninsula.

It has been estimated that in the 10th century Córdoba was the most populous city in the world, and under the rule of Caliph Al Hakam II it had also become a centre for education under its Islamic rulers. Al Hakam II opened many libraries on top of the many medical schools and Universities which existed at this time. Such Universities contributed towards developments in mathematics and astronomy.[2][3] During these centuries Córdoba had become the intellectual centre of Europe [4] and was also noted for its predominantly Muslim society that was tolerant toward its Christian and Jewish minorities.[2][3] Today it is a moderately-sized modern city; its population in 2011 was 330,033.[5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caliphate_of_Cordoba

I'm well aware of that and much more, but then this guy came along: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Ghazali

tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 09:33:43 PM

Oh yeah, don't forget Russia's recent rise to infamy as being extremely anti-gay, with gays being beaten, killed, and when protesting, arrested despite being the ones who got assaulted. Why? Because after the fall of USSR, the church ended up taking power. Russia is basically becoming a Christian extremist nation.

Well while the USSR existed much more people (including gays and just about everyone else regardless of sexual orientation) were murdered than after Russia became independent. Does the name Stalin ring a bell?

"In 1933, Joseph Stalin added Article 121 to the entire Soviet Union criminal code, which made male homosexuality a crime punishable by up to five years in prison with hard labor. The precise reason for Article 121 is in some dispute among historians. The few official government statements made about the law tended to confuse homosexuality with pedophilia and was tied up with a belief that homosexuality was only practiced among fascists or the aristocracy.

The law remained intact until after the dissolution of the Soviet Union; it was repealed in 1993."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communism_and_homosexuality
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 10:59:33 PM

I'm well aware of that and much more, but then this guy came along: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Ghazali
You get the award for presenting...

Best Religious Nutcase of the Day!
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 11:02:37 PM

Here are some facts.

Yeah that's what's so idiotic about this.  Let's connect the dots...

A) Jerk off Allah believer massacres people at Fort Hood

B) Obama pinhead comes to Ft. Hood to lecture soldiers about the dangers of Tea Party and Christians...

@#$IOJ)(U#@)$*Huh?
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 11:51:42 PM

Here are some facts.

Yeah that's what's so idiotic about this.  Let's connect the dots...

A) Jerk off Allah believer massacres people at Fort Hood

B) Obama pinhead comes to Ft. Hood to lecture soldiers about the dangers of Tea Party and Christians...

@#$IOJ)(U#@)$*Huh?

I believe the killer was not even allowed to defend his jihad in court. So for him he was a soldier using the tools he had and was ready to die at fort Hood. That was clear to me and to the killer and anyone with two brain cells.
And yet the government defined what happened in Fort Hood as ''workplace violence'', not terrorism. Tea Party is the real danger! Danger! Danger Will Robinson!
http://www.wfaa.com/news/texas-news/Lawmakers-pledge-to-bring-benefits-to-Fort-Hood-victims-222093091.html
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 01:25:11 AM

I believe the killer was not even allowed to defend his jihad in court. So for him he was a soldier using the tools he had and was ready to die at fort Hood. That was clear to me and to the killer and anyone with two brain cells.
And yet the government defined what happened in Fort Hood as ''workplace violence'', not terrorism. Tea Party is the real danger! Danger! Danger Will Robinson!
http://www.wfaa.com/news/texas-news/Lawmakers-pledge-to-bring-benefits-to-Fort-Hood-victims-222093091.html
That's a disgrace.  I did not know that the survivors and their families were suffering due to a lack of benefits due to the definition of "workplace violence".   

I guess also the surviving relatives of the forgotten heros who died at Bengazi have been forgotten.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 05:06:34 AM

....pretty good argument could be made for the exact opposite, that the MOST TOLERANT religions are the Christian ... or to put it more accurately, the Judeochristian cultures...

Obviously one is more intolerant than the other, but the main problem is that they are both intolerant, and thus neither should be involved with people who's job it is to kill other people. I mean, how little murder, misogynism, homophobia, and racism is OK, exactly?
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 05:20:02 AM

Well while the USSR existed much more people (including gays and just about everyone else regardless of sexual orientation) were murdered than after Russia became independent. Does the name Stalin ring a bell?

Since I am from USSR, and my great-grandparents were one of the royal families who were lined up against the wall and shot in front of my 10 year old grandfather's eyes shortly after the revolution and pogroms, yes, it does ring a bit of a bell. Although I don't know what any of that has to do with religion, or the fact that homosexuality was decriminalized shortly after the fall of USSR, only to get re-criminalized after the orthodox church took over.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 02:52:45 PM

Obviously one is more intolerant than the other, but the main problem is that they are both intolerant, and thus neither should be involved with people who's job it is to kill other people. I mean, how little murder, misogynism, homophobia, and racism is OK, exactly?
maybe the problem is not the religion per se or the culture it resides in and influences, but theocracy?

Ayn Rand had some pretty persuasive arguments against religion when it became an arm of the state, which she viewed as inevitable in many cases (fascism, socialism, communism).
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: