Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:04:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this the beginning of new crypto era?  (Read 1326 times)
lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:32:39 PM

Many speculation in this year crypto will grow and many people's do transactions using crypto. Last year is just a beginning. This year the price will increase more than last year, even last this month the price drop down much. But positive thinking is the price will rise and shine again.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:40:17 PM

Is it me only or anyone else thinks this news are awesome?

First, Kevin O‘Leary announces he is working on a deal to offer hotel shares through ICO. Then, Lympo announces they will be distributing company shares to their token holders.

What do you think guys? Does this mean we are entering a new - assets backed - cryptocurrency stage? I am a bit skeptical as I am yet to understand how it will affect the crypto industry and tokenomics. Will we see more stringent measures or to the contrary – regulators will back down as more and more ICO will have some real assets behind them.

What are your opinions?

Sources to the news:
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/19/kevin-oleary-new-york-city-hotel-hopes-to-launch-400-million-dollar-coin-offering.html
https://cryptonews.com/news/lithuanian-startup-kicks-off-new-coin-model-mulls-ipo-1438.htm

Hm, there are already more than sufficient people who are trying hard to push the crypto currencies further however there are double than that who are actually trying to take it down. This technological advancement actually has turned into Cold War where people want the crypto currency badly but there are also regulatory bodies who are trying to avoid them at the same time.

What do you think guys? Does this mean we are entering a new - assets backed - cryptocurrency stage?

This has already happened but we are not giving it the scope which it should have been getting until now. What is wrong ? The wrong thing that happened is we started using the crypto currencies as way of earning money but not as currency!! That makes huge difference between the tech that was created for something but ended up with something else.  Tongue
SoliDCoiNs (OP)

Activity: 104
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:46:39 AM

Many speculation in this year crypto will grow and many people's do transactions using crypto. Last year is just a beginning. This year the price will increase more than last year, even last this month the price drop down much. But positive thinking is the price will rise and shine again.

I hope you are right, but I am starting to worry. Too much FUD imho.
Everyone said it will pick up after Chinese new year - it didn't, then most said April will be starting point - so fat it hasn't. Now I hear Q3 or by the end of this year. But I'm starting to doubt Smiley
It seems like people start dumping once price goes up 20% or so, and then it goes down again. Oh well, maybe gradual increase will be for the best. Dont want moon by the end of this year, but would be happy to see BTC hovering well above 10k USD this year, and adding another 2-3k the next.
Also, hope there is less FUD and governments start embracing blockchain and cryptos instead of banning everything.
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:29:41 AM

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. The current situation isn't so good, and it will recover. Everyone wants to buy Bitcoin, of course, but you can earn more 5x from investing in new ICOs than Bitcoin. So, Bitcoin's price is 7k and its probability of reaching 14k is even less than the possibility of reaching any tokens to 0.04$ from 0.004$. So, you should invest in Bitcoin for get any token you can make a profit.
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:58:54 PM

I have mixed feeling regarding all this big companies venture capital coming into the crypto space. It is good for the overall growth of tge market as the big players are getting in now. But i do feel this could hamper the crypto space too as these big guys will manipulate the market to a great extent for their own benefit.
It was only possible in past but not now, and the reason is that the increasing number of bitcoin users, in fact as soon as time pass bitcoin users are increasing which is making bitcoin more stronger. Therefore i do not think that it has now become so easy to manipulate the bitcoin price so easily. Bitcoin is now becoming more stronger. The increasing number of bitcoin users are making bitcoin more reliable and stronger.
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 01:07:46 PM

I agree with this conversation:
"In many cases, the token holder has no say in the company's key decisions and, most importantly, not accept transparency. In addition, the market is very unstable and many tokens lose their value due to the volatility of the main crypto currency, "Jonušė said.

indeed this is a good new era for the crypto world when some large company stocks will include crypto as their deal. but true, the unstable crypto price in the market, becomes a major obstacle.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
DigitalFox

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:25:32 PM

I have mixed feeling regarding all this big companies venture capital coming into the crypto space. It is good for the overall growth of tge market as the big players are getting in now. But i do feel this could hamper the crypto space too as these big guys will manipulate the market to a great extent for their own benefit.
It was only possible in past but not now, and the reason is that the increasing number of bitcoin users, in fact as soon as time pass bitcoin users are increasing which is making bitcoin more stronger. Therefore i do not think that it has now become so easy to manipulate the bitcoin price so easily. Bitcoin is now becoming more stronger. The increasing number of bitcoin users are making bitcoin more reliable and stronger.

I think we still have years ahead of us before we see true mass adoption of crypto. People are getting aware of it's existence but this is just a beginning.

Neutrality

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:15:49 PM

I think we still have years ahead of us before we see true mass adoption of crypto. People are getting aware of it's existence but this is just a beginning.

That's true. And also while crypto is so volatile and growth so fast, the majority is not willing to use it for everyday purchases as they see crypto as rather a store of value.
Boys27

Activity: 329
Merit: 100

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:13:55 PM

if the one says it is true then it is good news for crypto currancy, this will be a good start, so will many people are interested to invest in crypto currancy

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                         
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
The_White_RabbitBTC

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:52:34 AM

The stockholding at Lympo is really a neat idea, I think that is a really nice touch to a company. If only more people would do that  Grin Grin
noriksiayol

Activity: 123

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:43:52 AM

For me, if there is good things that will develop the total operations of cryptocurrency, I would rather agree and support it, as long as it is for the good of cryptocurrency business. Hopefully that all good things behind crypto business would have a direct approval and implementation, so that all of us are enjoy.
bangkit tri

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:50:26 AM

if the one says it is true then it is good news for crypto currancy, this will be a good start, so will many people are interested to invest in crypto currancy
it is good if many people invest into cryptos, but their investment goal is to make a profit, and what needs to be realized is cryptocurrency is a digital currency
dekafee79

Activity: 150

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:51:17 AM

First, Kevin O‘Leary announces he is working on a deal to offer hotel shares through ICO. Then, Lympo announces they will be distributing company shares to their token holders.

What do you think guys? Does this mean we are entering a new - assets backed - cryptocurrency stage? I am a bit skeptical as I am yet to understand how it will affect the crypto industry and tokenomics. Will we see more stringent measures or to the contrary – regulators will back down as more and more ICO will have some real assets behind them.

What are your opinions?

Sources to the news:
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/19/kevin-oleary-new-york-city-hotel-hopes-to-launch-400-million-dollar-coin-offering.html
https://cryptonews.com/news/lithuanian-startup-kicks-off-new-coin-model-mulls-ipo-1438.htm

off course, by seeing the bitcoin and another crptho, I think it 's the time of new crypto era. will see. there will  any cryptho in the word soon.
DJCanh

Activity: 278
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:11:26 AM

I've seen some projects, connected with booking hotels
But new era will come with new technologies, with the REALLY NEW type of blockchain, for example
And it'll we so soon
jamesclark

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:11:31 AM

For sure we need something globaly to change in our world and i think crypto is what we need ! Soon everybody will use that.
boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:17:23 AM

What are your opinions?

Sources to the news:

So they are riding the crypto currency hype and I am loving it. I love watching him on shark tank as he is the most mean and savage one. With this concept and with his name I am sure his ICO will be successful. He also has the money to hire people who have competence to make his project good. I hope this ICO is open to the public, I will be one of the investor.

Blue Bell

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:43:34 PM

That's true. And also while crypto is so volatile and growth so fast, the majority is not willing to use it for everyday purchases as they see crypto as rather a store of value.
Well they are not aware of the profit behind the volatile price of the bitcoin, for me the best currency right now is the bitcoin only as no currency has the guts to stand at the front of bitcoin as much it is getting high in price and being popular day by day. So I think majority of people are now trusting bitcoin and they are willing to invest after the recent pump in bitcoin price, so hold your bitcoin don’t sell it at the low price, as bitcoin is the future currency for sure.
kdrama

Activity: 176

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:06:19 PM

What are your opinions?

Sources to the news:

This announcement of news will be great and also has a great impact in the value of the bitcoin and the other cryptocurrency coins. having an Hotel shares through ico is not easy if this succeed for sure the price of bitcoin will increase and reputation of btc will regain again.

LuBro

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:49:07 AM

There are a lot of crypto whales who really have a huge impact on crypto space, this is true. The last weeks and months have been anything but rosy for the crypto market. Falling prices and bad news have hit hard on the mood in the crypto-ecosystem - FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt) made big waves. Some reports quickly gave the impression that the crypto-economy was at an end. However, the confidence that is currently being created in the sustainability of the market can prove to be much more valuable in the long term.
So the point of distributing company shares to their token holders is a new and great way to improve the Blockchain and crypto currency stage. I'm currently curious about the whole thing.
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:23:26 PM

Hi,

I think it isn' a new era... But things are changing, indeed.

The first signal for me was the change in the viewpoint shared by mass media. From a geeky-shadow-illegal thing, bitcoin has become "the new asset to become a billionaire". Of course, the vision shared remains wrong, but at least it has become positive!

Then, there are many famous people talking about it. And I understand why the endorsement of something as crypto can be important for many people to dare investing. Though, I don't think that we need the approval of Bill Gates or Marc Zuckerberg to develop our community!

Last point: nobody really knows how things will evolve. It is hard (or maybe impossible) to say if crypto will be used one day for daily needs.. So, maybe not a new era yet, but at least a tangible evolution!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: