Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:21:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 149 »
  Print  
Author Topic: **CEX.IO Bitcoin Exchange ** Buy Bitcoins with Cards in iOS / Android App***  (Read 422124 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1127

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 09:47:44 AM

After arguing alot with Cex support, the result is, that they won't change the rounding system for fiat currencies to more than 2 decimal places in near future (like they did for virtual currencies).
The reason the support told me is, that they already have a competitive low fee.
I read out of that statement, that they need any cent they can get from their customers through rounding.

I don't think it is okay, to advertise with a low fee and then scrape together everything they can get via rounding from their customers.
It is not very unlikely, that this bot that is placing all those tiny orders at the orderbook, is from cex.io itself to maximise their profits.

So everyone trading at cex.io, be aware of those small orders at the orderbook and keep in mind, that for that amounts, you will pay a much higher fee.
This is e.g. very important for trading bots. If you don't keep that in mind, it could happen that your bot says he made some nice profit, but in fact he made big losses!

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 10:19:47 AM

After arguing alot with Cex support, the result is, that they won't change the rounding system for fiat currencies to more than 2 decimal places in near future (like they did for virtual currencies).
The reason the support told me is, that they already have a competitive low fee.
I read out of that statement, that they need any cent they can get from their customers through rounding.

I don't think it is okay, to advertise with a low fee and then scrape together everything they can get via rounding from their customers.
It is not very unlikely, that this bot that is placing all those tiny orders at the orderbook, is from cex.io itself to maximise their profits.

So everyone trading at cex.io, be aware of those small orders at the orderbook and keep in mind, that for that amounts, you will pay a much higher fee.
This is e.g. very important for trading bots. If you don't keep that in mind, it could happen that your bot says he made some nice profit, but in fact he made big losses!

what do you suggest should happen?  if you were the pres of CEX.IO would would you do to make things better?
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 11:15:36 AM

what do you suggest should happen?  if you were the pres of CEX.IO would would you do to make things better?

How about make an illegal foundation? (Linked from vod's rating) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1002378.msg11371652#msg11371652

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 06:07:03 PM

How about make an illegal foundation? (Linked from vod's rating) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1002378.msg11371652#msg11371652

After a full month of wrangling with Vod I've come to the conclusion that Vod is a moron.  The power the site gave him was resulted in him doing lots of foolish things, and seeing things that simply didn't exist.

Here's a question for you relevant to your statement, if you don't have a foundation and Vod said you are running an illegal foundation how would you prove him wrong?

Vod claimed there was an illegal charity, claimed there was an illegal corporation, and he made a whole bunch of other falsehoods.  If there was no charity or corporation in the first place how do you prove the legality of what doesn't exist? 

Bitcoin talk believes it's ok to allow everyone to say what they want in feedback because it is just an opinion, and they also believe it's ok to give a select group of people more feedback power than everyone else because they are trusted to do their homework and tell the truth.  But what happens when one of those trusted individuals don't do their homework, and don't tell the truth?  What happens when the lies wrongly damage a member's reputation?  How does the forum remedy it?

Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:50:21 AM

what do you suggest should happen?  if you were the pres of CEX.IO would would you do to make things better?
I already wrote what they could do better Smiley
They could simply calculate all fiat currencies with more than just 2 decimal places.

If I sell 0.01BTC for 230.98€, we could have the following results:

1) With more than 2 digits rounding:
I should get 0.01*230.98 = 2.3098€. The fee would be 0.2%*0.01*230.98€=0.0046196€. So after fee I should get: 2.3098-0.0046196=2.3051804 €.

2) With only 2 digits rounding (like they do at the moment):
The 2.3098€ will be rounded to 2.30€.  The 0.0046196€ fee will be rounded to 0.01€. The result is I get 2.29€ after fee.

Of course everyone is only able to withdraw up to two decimals.
But this rounding in calculation has a very huge impact, if you trade day for day, espacially with this guy placing all those tiny orders at the orderbook.

Cex.io already does round all virtual currencies up to 8 decimal places (so if you trade ltc/btc or simular). That's why I'm sure it would be no problem, to also make 8 decimal places for fiat currencies.
But obviously cex knows which huge impact this rounding system has and is not willing to do without this additional income.

The major problem for me is, that is hard to program a bot, that keeps that in mind. I would be okay, if they just would raise the fee to 0.3%. It is something I can do my math with. But this rounding behavior is hard to implement in a bot... and if you don't implement it, your bot could trade for a profit that is in fact a loss.

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
CEX (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 09:13:40 AM

Dear users,

Recently, a bitcoin mining service called Cloudminr.io has been hacked, resulting in a leak of personal user information. Such a situation might have occurred due to the fact that Cloudminr.io has not encrypted customer data.

If you happened to use both Cloudminr.io and CEX.IO and have identical login credentials, your account might be on a potential risk. Therefore, we strongly recommend changing password on your CEX.IO account and enable Two-Factor Authentication.

At our end, we guarantee 100% security of your information via strong encryption and safe data storage.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
CEX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2015, 08:44:51 AM

CEX.IO Lowers Fees for Payment Card Deposits

We are glad to announce decreasing fees for funding account with a credit or debit card from 4.5% + 0.25 USD/EUR to 3.75% + 0.25 USD/EUR.
Apart from that, CEX.IO users are able to deposit up to 1,000 USD/EUR with simplified verification.

Try out now: https://cex.io/

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
madonnino

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 08:56:13 AM

We are glad to announce decreasing fees for funding account with a credit or debit card from 4.5% + 0.25 USD/EUR to 3.75% + 0.25 USD/EUR.
Apart from that, CEX.IO users are able to deposit up to 1,000 USD/EUR with simplified verification.

Thanks CEX i alwais buy some bitcoins whit my credit card and never an issue, super customer care! I'm happy for the lowered fees, take it up
Good work guys
CEX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2015, 09:15:01 AM

Thanks CEX i alwais buy some bitcoins whit my credit card and never an issue, super customer care! I'm happy for the lowered fees, take it up
Good work guys

Thank you very much for the feedback! We'll come up with even more good news shortly.

mattiadeabtc

Activity: 294

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 02:47:20 PM

made my first purchase of bitcoin at CEX.IO  whit my credit card, legit service, super fast and very professional!!
Thanks Cex.io for your service! Good work!

mattiadeabtc

Activity: 294

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 09:00:14 AM

Is  'in your plans to develop an application for Android?, I would love to manage from my smartphone purchases and sales on cex.io
Thanks

CEX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 09:23:52 AM

Is  'in your plans to develop an application for Android?, I would love to manage from my smartphone purchases and sales on cex.io
Thanks

Thanks for your kind words. We are glad that you like our service.
Yes, we are planning to develop apps on Android and iOS, as we understand how important it is for our users to manage trades wherever they are.

lexuz

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Me, myself and I

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 01:36:14 PM

Thanks

Thanks for your kind words. We are glad that you like our service.
Yes, we are planning to develop apps on Android and iOS, as we understand how important it is for our users to manage trades wherever they are.
This is a great news, when you want to release apps for IOS and android. It will easy to use if trade using mobile apps
neganx

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 06:10:37 PM

can anyone withdraw?  Has anyone successfully withdrawn in the last few days?  I get to the withdraw page, enter all my info and click the button and it does nothing.  Tried it on 4 different browsers (opera, firefox, chromium and chrome) 2 different vpn ips and in the clear, then I tried on firefox on another machine on another ip address and still nothing.  If anyone is thinking of starting to mine or trade with cex.io, I wouldn't until they figure this out.  Sounds like I am not the only one so it may be the start of an exit scam.
Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 07:04:41 PM

can anyone withdraw?  Has anyone successfully withdrawn in the last few days?  I get to the withdraw page, enter all my info and click the button and it does nothing.  Tried it on 4 different browsers (opera, firefox, chromium and chrome) 2 different vpn ips and in the clear, then I tried on firefox on another machine on another ip address and still nothing.  If anyone is thinking of starting to mine or trade with cex.io, I wouldn't until they figure this out.  Sounds like I am not the only one so it may be the start of an exit scam.
withdraw what?
I just withdrew btc about 3 hours ago without problems.  The last successful EUR withdrawal was at wednesday.
edit: the EUR withdrawal was before this new website design for withdrawal

edit2:
just did another EUR withdrawal without problems.

But as we are talking about withdrawal, I experience the following "bug":
After initiating a btc withdrawal, I have to click the confirmation link in my email. After clicking it, it takes "hours" to redirect to Cex. So I click the link from my email provider which says sth like "if you are not redirected within 15 seconds click this link".  After clicking it, I get a Cex website which says sth like "Oops invalid code".
But the withdrawal is executed.

neganx

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 12:05:15 AM

Now I have tried on 3 different computers, this is ridiculous, the support has been awful, I think this is the beginning of an exit scam, if you can get your money out, do it now, but they will probably start doing what they are doing to me to everyone else soon.  This is ridiculous.  I am warning you all, cex.io is about to scam us, I am just the first one to get hit.
CEX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 08:53:12 AM

Now I have tried on 3 different computers, this is ridiculous, the support has been awful, I think this is the beginning of an exit scam, if you can get your money out, do it now, but they will probably start doing what they are doing to me to everyone else soon.  This is ridiculous.  I am warning you all, cex.io is about to scam us, I am just the first one to get hit.

Dear Neganx,

We kindly ask you to contact support first in case you have any issues with using our service, as the support team works 24/7, being able to respond very fast, unlike here, on the forum.
Seems like your issue has been resolved. Should you have any problems, feel free to contact us, we are ready to help.

CEX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 08:54:07 AM

can anyone withdraw?  Has anyone successfully withdrawn in the last few days?  I get to the withdraw page, enter all my info and click the button and it does nothing.  Tried it on 4 different browsers (opera, firefox, chromium and chrome) 2 different vpn ips and in the clear, then I tried on firefox on another machine on another ip address and still nothing.  If anyone is thinking of starting to mine or trade with cex.io, I wouldn't until they figure this out.  Sounds like I am not the only one so it may be the start of an exit scam.
withdraw what?
I just withdrew btc about 3 hours ago without problems.  The last successful EUR withdrawal was at wednesday.
edit: the EUR withdrawal was before this new website design for withdrawal

edit2:
just did another EUR withdrawal without problems.

But as we are talking about withdrawal, I experience the following "bug":
After initiating a btc withdrawal, I have to click the confirmation link in my email. After clicking it, it takes "hours" to redirect to Cex. So I click the link from my email provider which says sth like "if you are not redirected within 15 seconds click this link".  After clicking it, I get a Cex website which says sth like "Oops invalid code".
But the withdrawal is executed.

Dear Serpens66,

We are aware of the bug you described. It will be shortly fixed.

Thank you!

flip21

Activity: 54
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 11:58:45 AM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

Things have gone downhill at cex, there are numerous issues that support continue to ignore. Cex is being deceitful and misleading.

The Trustpilot score displayed on the site is fabricated. This is in direct breach of Trustpilot's terms and conditions. They display 9.6/10 but the actual score is 7.6/10, they also removed the hyperlink to the Trustpilot review page a few days after they were reported to Trustpilot Quality & Compliance but failed to put the correct score in place.

They removed the warning under the GHS charts that stated GHS do not mine currently due to unprofitability, and support just say "it will be put back soon", why they removed that warning is still unanswered

They still tell new users that GHS will mine again at around $320, this was the figure they gave 6months ago and is now $400+, for those that want to work out the actual price GHS will mine at they can use this formula 1GHS Reward = ((25 * BLOCKS24HRS) / POOLGHS) - ((0.105 * 12 / 365) / BTCPRICE)

They tell users with issues to send a support ticket, but for many the support link just redirects them to the trade page so you need support on how to send a support ticket

So beware they have become very deceitful and they continuely ignore these issues which make them look like a scam company
CEX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 12:37:51 PM

They removed the warning under the GHS charts that stated GHS do not mine currently due to unprofitability, and support just say "it will be put back soon", why they removed that warning is still unanswered

We will put back the warning regarding GHS, it's been removed by mistake.

They still tell new users that GHS will mine again at around $320, this was the figure they gave 6months ago and is now $400+, for those that want to work out the actual price GHS will mine at they can use this formula 1GHS Reward = ((25 * BLOCKS24HRS) / POOLGHS) - ((0.105 * 12 / 365) / BTCPRICE)

We do not provide such an information to new users.
The statement of resuming cloud mining at the price of $320 has been made at the time of suspending cloud mining in the interview of CoinTelegraph.
We are working on finding solutions to resume GHS mining on profitable conditions. Meanwhile, each user can now read in their profile that "Cloud mining is paused because it is not profitable. It will be resumed automatically when profitability changes."

Your feedback will be taken into account, thank you.

Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 149 »
  Print  

Jump to: