Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:44:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 149 »
  Print  
Author Topic: **CEX.IO Bitcoin Exchange ** Buy Bitcoins with Cards in iOS / Android App***  (Read 422130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CEX (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 03:45:11 PM

@shketo, there are a few sites that take Credit Card deposits for crypto, I cannot mention them in here as Cex will report it to the mods.

@AxlRose, yes I guess Cex WAS one of the best platforms about a year ago but they got complacent, and seemingly didn't spend any of their profits improving the service or keeping ontop of hardware changes for their cloud mining operation.

They claimed to own the hardware for their cloud mining operation but recently CEX's CEO admitted this was a lie and they infact rented the hardware from an undisclosed third party.

Proof Cex were trying to claim they own the hardware: http://web.archive.org/web/20150723142534/http://blog.cex.io/news/cex-io-lowers-maintenance-cost-10056
The company has signed up a mutual contract with a mining hardware vendor for shipping a range of the most powerful and efficient hardware equipment to CEX.IO data centres.

Proof Cex do not own ANY hardware: http://cointelegraph.com/news/113302/interview-with-cexios-jeffrey-smith-on-why-they-paused-mining-and-the-future-of-the-industry
Smith tells me that CEX has no hardware of their own, and everything traded on their exchange occurs through third-party hardware companies that have chosen to remain nameless.

They do not add any new coins, someone said yesterday in the trollbox support told them they cannot afford a dedicated server to host new coins on because of the lack of volume. Here is the most recent vote to add a new coin, the most votes any feature request has ever got on CEX: https://support.cex.io/hc/communities/public/questions/203218267-ADD-NAV-COIN

They lost alot of regular traders and volume when they made a bad decision to increase the trade limits, you can see many comments regarding this here: https://support.cex.io/hc/en-us/articles/203882758-Changes-to-trade-order-limits-?page=1

All of this along with the removal of important information I have raised in the posts above, and the wrong Trustpilot score (the wrong score is also shown when newcomers use google) is the reason why the volume has gone down and why they are no longer one of the best crypto platforms around

We have never stated to own mining hardware. Here's an additional proof: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=318010.1740. The paragraph from the respective blog post as of September, 23rd doesn’t show that the equipment moved to data centres belonged to us.

As for the new altcoins, none of them has shown enough volume potential and profitability to be added on our exchange. The thing is, each alt coin needs a proper support, which in its turn requires time and efforts. Thus, we focused on adding more payment instruments and developing our exchange with existing cryptocurrencies for now.

Finally, regarding limits. This decision has been perceived by our users in different ways. We did receive thanks from those who were irritated by bots. After all, they were our users as well, and we should respect their requests, shouldn’t we? Moreover, this was the way to lower our server load, which are a high expenditure item that doesn’t bring any income to the exchange, due to low altcoin trading volume.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
flip21

Activity: 54
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 04:06:07 PM

We have never stated to own mining hardware. Here's an additional proof: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=318010.1740. The paragraph from the respective blog post as of September, 23rd doesn’t show that the equipment moved to data centres belonged to us.

Additional proof? lol ... a post made 2 months after your CEO had already admitted in the cointelegraph article, it is lack of transparency as stated in the cointelegraph article from January.

As for the new altcoins, none of them has shown enough volume potential and profitability to be added on our exchange. The thing is, each alt coin needs a proper support, which in its turn requires time and efforts. Thus, we focused on adding more payment instruments and developing our exchange with existing cryptocurrencies for now.

How about removing the dead coins on your exchange and replacing them with coins that actually trade?

Finally, regarding limits. This decision has been perceived by our users in different ways. We did receive thanks from those who were irritated by bots. After all, they were our users as well, and we should respect their requests, shouldn’t we? Moreover, this was the way to lower our server load, which are a high expenditure item that doesn’t bring any income to the exchange, due to low altcoin trading volume.

I thought this decision was made "to assure the correct calculation of the trade fees and eliminate the wallet fragmentation issue which was leading to withdrawal errors", you guys need to polish up on what you tell people

https://support.cex.io/hc/en-us/articles/203882758-Changes-to-trade-order-limits-?page=2

Daaaaaaaammmn

So you assumed they had their own mining rigs, and called it "proof"?  Grin

Yes, sure why not, lots of people did and still do, the Cointelegraph article also pointed this out
flip21

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 04:24:12 PM

Anyway I will end my current review of Cex.io with photo's of Cex's Datacentre, screenshot taken from https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.424519810982228.1073741828.420149274752615&type=3

And remember "the respective blog post as of September, 23rd doesn’t show that the equipment moved to data centres belonged to us. "

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
D4RK5T4R

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 04:27:27 PM

So, after promising to fix the lie on the main page, it still remains.

When it is plainly obvious the score is actually:

Dear D4RK5T4R, we are aware of it and will fix it, so we kindly ask you not to remind us about it every day. The update will soon be out.

Shketo and AxlRose, thank you for feedbacks. Will do our best to correct our past mistakes and improve further.

What an utterly idiotic thing to state.
It may have escaped your attention, but I have only posted this here once. How can that be everyday?
Please use eyes and brain before using fingers.

Marcelo Santos speaks.  https://youtu.be/zjtLszt7MTo
BTC tips can go here: 19B4HwjhhpPR5sKrT4Tb7H4heEN8yAziD3
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 05:11:24 PM

we kindly ask you not to remind us about it every day.

How hard can it possibly be to take the blatantly wrong information out? Maybe you need to be reminded more often, perhaps every few hours.

As for hardware - yes, the overwhelming assumption was that CEX owns hardware so stop blaming the users for believing that if you never made any attempt to clarify but rather tried to make the opposite impression with pictures etc.

Show me a source that says anything about a third party hardware hosting arrangement from BEFORE the shutdown, i.e. when you were selling GHS that were still "mining".
AxlRose

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 06:11:50 AM

@all   I think I registered to a game being played by toddlers here instead of a forum. Are we playing a word game or what. Grow up Guys!!!!!! Bring some info which is useful and new stuff.......

I know Titanic was a good movie concept but its Fcuking not interesting to watch it everyday!!!!!!! I used to watch the same episodes of Tom and jerry everyday when I was 4-5 years old but as a grown up person it seems stupid..

@D4RK5T4R   Are you having an account with CEX? If you are having an account despite the fact you are unhappy it seems strange.... Probably you are having some personal issues with CEX....

@flip21      CEX.IO datacenter doesn't mean that they bought it and but their office on it.... It can be their/rented/hosted/used under license/ got in charity........ Which one to believe...

@all members......   Are we just here for criticising or we can suggest some ways to make this company better....  As for me if I don't like CEX either I would leave it or do something to make it better...... Just cursing here and posting  stupid old pics everyday is not a product of a healthy brain...

@CEX If you are really reading posts please  correct ratings as per trust pilot. Also, do you really need such users who are just cursing? The services you are providing is outstanding for past 2 weeks but please do something about the toddlers trolling....
     BTW your trollbox is being flooded with some stupid comments and nothing useful... It looks like a bunch of paid idiots who are talking about some irrelevant stuff..

CEX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 09:00:12 AM

@CEX If you are really reading posts please  correct ratings as per trust pilot. Also, do you really need such users who are just cursing? The services you are providing is outstanding for past 2 weeks but please do something about the toddlers trolling....
     BTW your trollbox is being flooded with some stupid comments and nothing useful... It looks like a bunch of paid idiots who are talking about some irrelevant stuff..

Thank you for your comments. We promise to fix all outstanding issues in the soonest possible time. However, in our company, we have a set pace of CEX.IO application releases, and we are not able to fix all bugs reported by you right away. Thank you for understanding.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
flip21

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 09:37:51 AM

Thank you for your comments. We promise to fix all outstanding issues in the soonest possible time. However, in our company, we have a set pace of CEX.IO application releases, and we are not able to fix all bugs reported by you right away. Thank you for understanding.

At a pace to suit you, because it is convenient for you profits sure..

http://web.archive.org/web/20140619182138/http://fuk.io/cexio-ghashio-jeffrey-smith-interview-exclusive

So for the start, tell us who you are and what are you responsible for in Cex.io and other projects?

I am Jeffrey Smith, Chief Information Officer of CEX.IO. I am responsible for the whole informational flow coming from our company.

Cex.io started in times when there was not so many ASICs out there, how does the ‘pool’ look like from the hardware side. What do you have there, how does it change userids so fast [when buying/selling on cex.io] – what kind of hardware/software is behind that?

We’ve got main and side servers placed in data centres all over the world. Some of them contain our own hardware, varied in power and ASIC vendors. Actually, it doesn’t differ from any other back-end system.

How big is the spot holding all these ASICs and how many people take care of it?

As said, it is actually not one spot, but a couple of them, placed in various countries. All the data centres are maintained by lots of professional engineers.

EDIT: Anyway I only got on the lie about the hardware because I was explaining why Cex are now a failure, It was a pretty comprehensive true story I think

AND FIX THAT TRUSTPILOT SCORE, AND STOP FLAGGING ALL THE BAD REVIEWS FOR MISSING PROOF OF PURCHASE!
CEX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 09:54:38 AM

At a pace to suit you, because it is convenient for you profits sure..
Yes, we are providing service for our customers. And we try to be the best at it. We deal with lots of risk, and we will not let customers tell us how to deploy our releases.

http://web.archive.org/web/20140619182138/http://fuk.io/cexio-ghashio-jeffrey-smith-interview-exclusive

Cex.io started in times when there was not so many ASICs out there, how does the ‘pool’ look like from the hardware side. What do you have there, how does it change userids so fast [when buying/selling on cex.io] – what kind of hardware/software is behind that?

In case you are not familiar with our company - we have 2 main projects, 1 is called CEX which essentially is cloud mining platform turned to crypto exchange, the other project is called GHash.IO which is a crypto mining pool. There is quite a difference between these 2 projects. And in that interview - we were asked about the infrastructure of the pool, not the cloud mining platform.   

AND FIX THAT TRUSTPILOT SCORE, AND STOP FLAGGING ALL THE BAD REVIEWS FOR MISSING PROOF OF PURCHASE!

The score is being fixed as we speak, and we will soon release the new version of the application. We are not flagging any reviews, I guess TrustPilot is doing it on its own. Thanks for your patience and desire to make our platform a better place for all users.

AxlRose

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 09:56:58 AM

@CEX.IO  Thanks for your response. I wasn't sure I would get a reply so fast. But you have proven that you are same as support team ... Very quick and up to the point. I know times are running hard but I would say times are running hard only for Ghash.io  not for CEX.IO.

Mining is suspended not closed as I understand, bought about 1200 GHS after the 2 DAY block(I was lucky) and following blocks did give me some profit although I could buy a coke and a bag of lays for that only but not bad. As I said that I am more prone to trading but not mining so I will sell them soon.

So I suggest you to get some better equipment for mining so that small Hamsters who are ready to get few bites of satoshis keep their mouth busy chewing rather than criticising.

@Flip21  Sorry I cannot argue with you as you are more experienced in mining and other stuffs and I would like to learn from you guys much but I would say I thing....... CEX.IO is a business not a charity organisation so that they forget their profits and donate everything they have.

I own a company myself and I do care about profits too.. Crypto trade is becoming my hobby as it is interesting and more interesting than trading on Forex!!!!!!!! So it would be an idiotic way to say that CEX.IO thinks of their profits.

I started my business 4 yeas ago nearly and if we did not work by priorities I think I wouldn't be the owner of the property I own and wouldn't be able to fulfil the demands of my son(He loves to ask for things).....
Also if I didn't give a damn to priorities I would be working as a labour for earning pennies and wouldn't have FREE TIME to WRITE ON THIS FORUM..

Lets build a community to support CEX and take it out of the DIP which it is facing today......   Just check all other platforms, they appear not better than CEX neither in terms of appearance and nor in terms of support.......
flip21

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 10:05:55 AM

In case you are not familiar with our company - we have 2 main projects, 1 is called CEX which essentially is cloud mining platform turned to crypto exchange, the other project is called GHash.IO which is a crypto mining pool. There is quite a difference between these 2 projects. And in that interview - we were asked about the infrastructure of the pool, not the cloud mining platform.   

Your pool requires ASIC's varied in power and vendors?, please don't make me laugh so early in the morning, I just woke up! Jeff made that statement to imply they owned the hardware for cloud mining and we are still waiting for a statement that was made prior to the shutdown on 12th January 2015 stating you do not own any hardware.

The score is being fixed as we speak, and we will soon release the new version of the application. We are not flagging any reviews, I guess TrustPilot is doing it on its own. Thanks for your patience and desire to make our platform a better place for all users.

Glad to hear it is being fixed, and I believe YOU are THE COMPANY as stated on the trustpilot page that report the reviews

Untrustworthy Company right here that continuely tell blantent lies it seems
CEX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 10:23:43 AM

Your pool requires ASIC's varied in power and vendors?, please don't make me laugh so early in the morning, I just woke up! Jeff made that statement to imply they owned the hardware for cloud mining and we are still waiting for a statement that was made prior to the shutdown on 12th January 2015 stating you do not own any hardware.

I am glad to have made you laugh.

We can discuss implications and proofs all day. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
Here is a link to one of our service descriptions: http://multipledisorders.com/5174/cex-io

What is CEX.IO?
CEX.IO is a platform where you can trade GHs and Bitfury Chips real-time with other authorized CEX.IO users. Your buy or sell orders are matched against a parameterized database of other orders. If a perfect match is found, a caps trade is executed instantly. If there are no matching orders at the price you specified, then your order remains opened. To maintain fairness in trading, we have taken a purely-platform approach and CEX.IO is never a counter-party to any trade.

And the best argument would be to have you check our company Terms of Use, specifically part 2, point 2.4. For your convenience I will post it here:
2.4. The User acknowledges and agrees that, when completing Transactions, he is trading with other Users, and that CEX.IO acts only as an intermediary in such Transactions, not as counterparty to any trade.

Glad to hear it is being fixed, and I believe YOU are THE COMPANY as stated on the trustpilot page that report the reviews

I apologize, we do have staff checking the nature of the reviews posted there. Either way - when the new application version will be released - your comments will be obsolete. So please bare with us.

flip21

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 10:38:41 AM

We can discuss implications and proofs all day. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
Here is a link to one of our service descriptions: http://multipledisorders.com/5174/cex-io

What is CEX.IO?
CEX.IO is a platform where you can trade GHs and Bitfury Chips real-time with other authorized CEX.IO users. Your buy or sell orders are matched against a parameterized database of other orders. If a perfect match is found, a caps trade is executed instantly. If there are no matching orders at the price you specified, then your order remains opened. To maintain fairness in trading, we have taken a purely-platform approach and CEX.IO is never a counter-party to any trade.

And the best argument would be to have you check our company Terms of Use, specifically part 2, point 2.4. For your convenience I will post it here:
2.4. The User acknowledges and agrees that, when completing Transactions, he is trading with other Users, and that CEX.IO acts only as an intermediary in such Transactions, not as counterparty to any trade.

We sure can discuss this all day, I have all the time in the world, I also run a company, I do nothing in this company, it is very profitable and it is all done automatically.

I read that as the trades/transactions are made between 2 users of the cex platform and cex is acting as an intermediary/escrow between the 2 users. Like buying and selling on a platform like ebay, ebay acts only as an intermediary.

I apologize, we do have staff checking the nature of the reviews posted there. Either way - when the new application version will be released - your comments will be obsolete. So please bare with us.

Congrats, you admitted you keep giving false information to make CEX look good in the spotlight, this is the first sign of recovery. This review wasn't mine and wasn't about anything brought up in this thread at any point. It was about your support staff.

@AxlRose, we tried to build a community to support CEX. But they refused to do anything to help (no new coins, ever, confirmed in one of CEX's previous posts), so that is even more of a waste of time trying to build such a community than it is posting in this thread Cheesy
AxlRose

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 11:40:01 AM

@Flip21

Well I am still not done my enjoyment with the current coin list so  I am not bored yet.... Dash/BTC/LTC are giving me pleasure till now... I am still new to this.  Once I am bored I will start complaining .. Hopefully by then there will be new coins......

Well about supporting CEX.IO I am not sure. I am not here to support them ... I am here to play right now and generate interest and its going good till now... But I see you are losing hope.... Remember Hope dies the last... There are anythings which is making me happy currently so I cannot post bad review but believe me once I am fed up I surely will.

I believe my trust will not be broken by CEX as that cloud mining took my BTC as I wrote and no one could do anything... So in order to keep myself safe I am  compelled to give my suggestions......

Need to meet CIO of CEX in person ... Found out his name is Jeffery........ Not now but sometime later I will make my trip to them....Air tickets are cheap but time is costly......

By the way congrats CEX for introducing Astropay.... Although it is not supporting Astropay cards but direct online banking is superb... Just got my 3rd deposit done.......

just think if in my 2 weeks journey a new payment processor is added   new stuff seems to be in transit and will be coming soon.
flip21

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 12:48:31 PM

LMAO, nice fix...

Misleading still, why can't you guys just be transparent and honest
CEX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 12:57:00 PM

LMAO, nice fix...

This rating is based on customer feedback. Customers are users who had some experience with our platform and our support service.
Have a nice day!

flip21

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:18:10 PM

Fair enough, you have shown your hand here. You wish to decieve your customers with a rating that cannot be independently verified.

I have reported cex.io to google for rich snippet spam, others can do the same here

https://support.google.com/webmasters/contact/rich_snippets_spam?hl=en
D4RK5T4R

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:37:29 PM

LMAO, nice fix...

This rating is based on customer feedback. Customers are users who had some experience with our platform and our support service.
Have a nice day!

Where do you find your devs?
Can you not tell the difference between 4 and 5 stars?
Really, given the attention this has produced you really should double check everything you do, as you only seem capable of making more mistakes each time you change something.
This is one of the reasons that cex.io  lost 90% of their active userbase since last year.

Marcelo Santos speaks.  https://youtu.be/zjtLszt7MTo
BTC tips can go here: 19B4HwjhhpPR5sKrT4Tb7H4heEN8yAziD3
AxlRose

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 02:08:53 PM

@CEX.IO    Not to Troll but D4RK5T4R is not a darkstar but dark side or CEX.IO......... May Be I will research and tell you one day , how  turn him into a white shining star

@flip21  I am not sure why we are shouting about rating and not the service.... May be its the time for you to "Flip over" as you might have done 21 times before........

I don't give a damn to rating ...

Whatever, CEX.IO It doesn't seems interesting here on this forum, I thought I could get here some useful tips but I am learning to swear on this forum nothing else..This is not what I was here for.... Its some hater's forum..........

CEX.IO you know that you are not the best but wish you good luck.......
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1128

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:05:56 PM

Hey CEX Smiley

Do you have problems with EURO withdrawals at the moment?
I have three completed withdrawals, which were not in my bank account yet. Two from 21st and one from 22nd.
All previous withdrawals were at my bank account without problems one day after I got your "funds removed" mail.

If the money is not here in 3 hours, I will write a support ticket, but maybe you can answer it.

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 149 »
  Print  

Jump to: