Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:38:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 »
  Print  
Author Topic: **CEX.IO Bitcoin Exchange ** Buy Bitcoins with Cards in iOS / Android App***  (Read 422130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bonooll

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 08:31:53 PM

On May 21st I made a SEPA withdrawal. The money still hasn't arrived. Meanwhile I wrote two emails to the customer support (one on Thursday and one yesterday) asking why my withdrawal isn't processed. Up to now, I did not receive any reply. That's why I now bring it up on this forum. I will update here, as soon as I receive my money or at least an explanation regarding the delay.

Update:
The support meanwhile became responsive again. They told me that I still have to "wait awhile". According to support, the reason for the delay are KYC/AML rules. Since they were unable to provide an ETA, I decided to cancel my withdrawal. The cancellation was done within 24h. Crypto withdrawals work fine.

you withdrew via crypto successfully?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HPt

Activity: 70
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 08:41:26 PM

On May 21st I made a SEPA withdrawal. The money still hasn't arrived. Meanwhile I wrote two emails to the customer support (one on Thursday and one yesterday) asking why my withdrawal isn't processed. Up to now, I did not receive any reply. That's why I now bring it up on this forum. I will update here, as soon as I receive my money or at least an explanation regarding the delay.

Update:
The support meanwhile became responsive again. They told me that I still have to "wait awhile". According to support, the reason for the delay are KYC/AML rules. Since they were unable to provide an ETA, I decided to cancel my withdrawal. The cancellation was done within 24h. Crypto withdrawals work fine.

Yes, I withdrew BTC yesterday and ETH on Sunday without problems. Which currencies don't work for you?
bonooll

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 08:51:25 PM

Update:

Yes, I withdrew BTC yesterday and ETH on Sunday without problems. Which currencies don't work for you?

ohhh i thought you meant CryptoCapital

i am now arranging a trip to Office 10A, Dalton House, 60 Windsor Avenue, London SW19 2RR

buy them a cup of coffee and see when they are gonna give me back MY MONEY
JamesBold

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 11:06:18 PM

GDdam CEX.IO. Account verification still pending after more than 15 days.

They said definitely won't take longer than a month.

We shall see.

I got like $20,000+ in USD in the account.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I want to withdraw with Crypto Capital anyways no bank transfer.
paraelement

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 11:12:32 PM

At the first sight, cex.io is a nice place, providing full stack of services like exchange, trading, margin trading and, what is very much sought after, a convenient way to withdraw fiat funds to a banking card with a fee as low as $3.80.

What's even better, they seem to have an incredibly good BTC/USD rate at their exchange!
At the time of writing:
cex.io 2732.9479
kraken 2650.010
btc-e 2626.001
At times the difference reaches 10%, isn't there a way to do arbitrage even with all the fees you have to pay? Easy money.

Well, not really. Remember the "too good to be true" principle?

It happens to be more like a flytrap for inexperienced people who decided they want to participate in cryptocurrency hype.

You deposit bitcoins there, sell them for a higher price than you bought them for, now time to cash out, right?

Now, to make a withdrawal, first you need to complete the verififcation of your payment card to send the money to. Okay, fine - KYC/AML process. But this takes several days.
Then there is a daily limit of $500 for the withdrawal (and a monthly limit of $2000), unless you do the verification of your personal details. Maybe some time ago this verification was being done quicker, but now this takes multiple weeks.

Then, the main thing people tends to not notice because they don't read terms of use - these terms of use set the timeframe for fiat withdrawal as up to 1 month(!!). There is a review on trustpilot where someone had to wait for at least 38 days, while bombarding cex.io support with messages. This is an unreasonable delay, a magnitude greater than the other places (e.g. 72 hours on btc-e).

A cherry on a cake - they charge you storage fees for currency in your account! Wat? Who else does this? I don't know.
For example, if you exchanged BTC for USD there, you will be charged 2 USD per day. Yeah, charged every day you wait for payment card verification or personal details verification, every day you wait for fiat withdrawal to complete.

I'm not affiliated with any competitors of cex.io, I just don't like businesses treating their customers as idiots. Read the reviews on Trustpilot, it is full of funny stories about withdrawal or deposit, current rating of cex.io is 4.1 out of 10 (and it was 4.6 just a week ago or so).

HPt

Activity: 70
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 11:31:20 PM

At the first sight, cex.io is a nice place, providing full stack of services like exchange, trading, margin trading and, what is very much sought after, a convenient way to withdraw fiat funds to a banking card with a fee as low as $3.80.

What's even better, they seem to have an incredibly good BTC/USD rate at their exchange!
At the time of writing:
cex.io 2732.9479
kraken 2650.010
btc-e 2626.001
At times the difference reaches 10%, isn't there a way to do arbitrage even with all the fees you have to pay? Easy money.

It happens to be more like a flytrap for inexperienced people who decided they want to participate in cryptocurrency hype.

You deposit bitcoins there, sell them for a higher price than you bought them for, now time to cash out, right?

Now, to make a withdrawal, first you need to complete the verififcation of your payment card to send the money to. Okay, fine - KYC/AML process. But this takes several days.
Then there is a daily limit of $500 for the withdrawal (and a monthly limit of $2000), unless you do the verification of your personal details. Maybe some time ago this verification was being done quicker, but now this takes multiple weeks.

Then, the main thing people tends to not notice because they don't read terms of use - these terms of use set the timeframe for fiat withdrawal as up to 1 month(!!). There is a review on trustpilot where someone had to wait for at least 38 days, while bombarding cex.io support with messages. This is an unreasonable delay, a magnitude greater than the other places (e.g. 72 hours on btc-e).

A cherry on a cake - they charge you storage fees for currency in your account! Wat? Who else does this? I don't know.
For example, if you exchanged BTC for USD there, you will be charged 2 USD per day. Yeah, charged every day you wait for payment card verification or personal details verification, every day you wait for fiat withdrawal to complete.

I'm not affiliated with any competitors of cex.io, I just don't like businesses treating their customers as idiots. Read the reviews on Trustpilot, it is full of funny stories about withdrawal or deposit, current rating of cex.io is 4.1 out of 10 (and it was 4.6 just a week ago or so).

Two remarks:
1. I don't think that the high BTC/USD rate is "a flytrap for inexperienced people who decided they want to participate in cryptocurrency hype". Only people who already have BTC can potentially profit from a high BTC/USD rate. People that are new to the crypto currency space first have to buy, and for this a high BTC/USD rate is disadvantageous. So, the high BTC/USD rate is a consequence of the withdrawal delays (and not vice versa).
2. Wherefrom do you have the information regarding the storage fees? I never was charged such fees.
Kaboria

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 11:41:40 PM

At the time of writing:
cex.io 2732.9479
kraken 2650.010
btc-e 2626.001

Two remarks:
1. I don't think that the high BTC/USD rate is "a flytrap for inexperienced people who decided they want to participate in cryptocurrency hype". Only people who already have BTC can potentially profit from a high BTC/USD rate. People that are new to the crypto currency space first have to buy, and for this a high BTC/USD rate is disadvantageous. So, the high BTC/USD rate is a consequence of the withdrawal delays (and not vice versa).
2. Wherefrom do you have the information regarding the storage fees? I never was charged such fees.

Storage fees only start to kick in if you haven't signed in or deposited into your account for 6 months. No need to worry much about that, if u don't intend to use CEX as wallet. Still, main concern is fiat withdrawals. Waaaaaay to long. They need to do something about it
paraelement

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 01:46:33 AM

At the time of writing:
cex.io 2732.9479
kraken 2650.010
btc-e 2626.001

Two remarks:

Storage fees only start to kick in if you haven't signed in or deposited into your account for 6 months. No need to worry much about that, if u don't intend to use CEX as wallet. Still, main concern is fiat withdrawals. Waaaaaay to long. They need to do something about it
Kaboria is right, storage fees will apply after 6 months of inactivity, so its not that bad as I thought, excerpt from the terms of use:
In case if it has been more than six (6) month since the User signed in with his/her Account or made the Funds deposit, CEX.IO has the right to qualify this Account as abandoned. In that case Storage fee will be applied to such Account with seven (7) days prior email notification to the User. CEX.IO will charge the Storage fee set forth herein. Abandoned Accounts with zero balances shall be deactivated.

HPt, indeed, you will profit from high BTC/USD rate if you exchange BTC to USD and not the other way around. But having BTC doesn't make you experienced yet. What I meant is - a random newbie googles how to exchange fiat currency to BTC, performs the exchange which is easy to do nowadays, and then goes to cex.io.
About the high rate being is a consequence of withdrawal delays... hmm... maybe you're right, not sure. While I understand that a user, disappointed in how slow his withdrawal goes, may want to cancel it and revert back to BTC, creating upwards pressure in rates, there is a counteracting force represented by the newcomers, attracted by the high rates, who would apply the downwards pressure by their demand to sell BTC, right? So the price will stay high up only if there are significantly more people who wants to get their crypto back and get the hell outta there. Maybe if we get a historic prices chart on cex.io and align it with the statistics on withdrawal-related complaints, it would clear something up - personally I'm still inclined to think that the discrepancy isn't entirely natural.
But interestingly, even if you're right, come to think of it, this doesn't make it not being a flytrap for inexperienced people, it just makes it a self-sustaining flytrap Smiley

maikohoney

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 09:41:06 PM

Does anyone believe it's a good idea to wait this out?

My situation is that I have some USD sitting on my CEX.io ledger, and withdrawal attempts to a verified payment card are being rejected for no apparent reason. My last successful withdrawal was on June 1. There are no responses from support. I could possibly buy bitcoin on their trading platform and withdraw to another wallet (I see one reply here that btc withdrawals are working fine). Does that seem like a good idea? Or does anyone have any recent information from a support rep that would help me feel better about waiting this out?
paraelement

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 01:11:41 AM

My situation is that I have some USD sitting on my CEX.io ledger, and withdrawal attempts to a verified payment card are being rejected for no apparent reason. My last successful withdrawal was on June 1. There are no responses from support. I could possibly buy bitcoin on their trading platform and withdraw to another wallet (I see one reply here that btc withdrawals are working fine). Does that seem like a good idea? Or does anyone have any recent information from a support rep that would help me feel better about waiting this out?
If they are being rejected automatically, then maybe it has something to do with daily/monthly limits for your account level?  Huh
JamesBold

Activity: 52

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 05:55:46 AM

Ok, they finally verified my account. Took 16 days. I'm glad that it finally happened.
Still, I now need to complete part 2 of the verification to use Crypto Capital.
maikohoney

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:15:05 AM

If they are being rejected automatically, then maybe it has something to do with daily/monthly limits for your account level?  Huh

absolutely not... I haven't come close to the limits... and they have onscreen indicators to show your available withdrawal amounts and limits. This is NOT the problem
Amadues

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 11:46:33 AM

Why dont you ask this question from support? There is a live chat window which you can use after logging in your account. IMO  something isnt right with your card issuer because few days ago i exchanged my bitcoins  to cash and withdraw to my verified card.Did you test your card for other payments? If you dont need money urgently try to talk support and solve problem.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
maikohoney

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 11:54:30 AM

Why dont you ask this question from support? There is a live chat window which you can use after logging in your account. IMO  something isnt right with your card issuer because few days ago i exchanged my bitcoins  to cash and withdraw to my verified card.Did you test your card for other payments? If you dont need money urgently try to talk support and solve problem.

As I've stated, I have sent MULTIPLE messages to support, and they do not answer. My card issuer is not the problem because it was working fine previously, and they have no evidence of attempts to make deposits...they are not rejecting the deposits. The Live Chat window does not work... they are offline, and have been for over a week now. You say "a few days ago"... well... then... I suppose they don't want my business for some reason, but are unwilling to give me a reason. Very bad way to conduct business. I have nothing to hide, and they verified everything about my identity. OTHERS are saying they have the same problem. And YOU are the first person to make a positive comment about cex.io in a long time!
Amadues

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 03:07:55 PM

As I've stated, I have sent MULTIPLE messages to support, and they do not answer. My card issuer is not the problem because it was working fine previously, and they have no evidence of attempts to make deposits...they are not rejecting the deposits. The Live Chat window does not work... they are offline, and have been for over a week now. You say "a few days ago"... well... then... I suppose they don't want my business for some reason, but are unwilling to give me a reason. Very bad way to conduct business. I have nothing to hide, and they verified everything about my identity. OTHERS are saying they have the same problem. And YOU are the first person to make a positive comment about cex.io in a long time!

IMO they frozed deposit/withdrawal options for some regions/countries. Maybe they dont answer your emails due to non-business days.Also they announced problems with some email providers:
Code:
You may experience delays while receiving emails to yahoo.com. This could be a temporary issue at your email service provider's end.
I dont have any interest or will not gain  from promoting their service.  I hope  you will find answers to your questions regarding card issues.Please check this links:
https://support.cex.io/hc/en-us/articles/115004306408--RESOLVED-Payment-card-processing-is-temporarily-on-maintenance
https://support.cex.io/hc/en-us/articles/115007853387--RESOLVED-Maintenance-Card-Deposits-and-withdrawals-

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
maikohoney

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 03:29:49 PM

IMO they frozed deposit/withdrawal options for some regions/countries. Maybe they dont answer your emails due to non-business days.Also they announced problems with some email providers:
Code:
You may experience delays while receiving emails to yahoo.com. This could be a temporary issue at your email service provider's end.
I dont have any interest or will not gain  from promoting their service.  I hope  you will find answers to your questions regarding card issues.Please check this links:
https://support.cex.io/hc/en-us/articles/115004306408--RESOLVED-Payment-card-processing-is-temporarily-on-maintenance
https://support.cex.io/hc/en-us/articles/115007853387--RESOLVED-Maintenance-Card-Deposits-and-withdrawals-

I had no trouble making deposits and exchanging BTC to USD and vice versa. I have already decided to buy BTC with my USD balance and transferred my btc to another wallet successfully. I just won't be using their exchange anymore... at least until they answer my tickets!

Can't possibly be a problem with yahoo email address, since I receive their "finalerts" and their automatic "support request received" instantly to my yahoo inbox. But I have decided to drop the use of yahoo email... should have done that long ago. I looked over the support articles a while ago... they were created before the problem began for me, and for others.
niwde26

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:45:53 AM

My eth withdrawal is still has reached my wallet. Its been 3days and i have opened the ticket 231264 but no update until now. Is cex.io is a scam or its taking some time for my withdrawals?

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App
MaDOnos

Activity: 53
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 07:42:14 AM

Meet CEX.IO Affiliate Program

We are extremely excited to announce the launch of brand new Affiliate Program by CEX.IO. Within this program, you get 30% of fee from all exchange transactions of your referred users, including all their future purchases/sales on CEX.IO!

How Does it Work?

1. Share your personal referral link across the web
2. The more users you bring to CEX.IO, the more you earn
3. Get 30% of fee from all trade transactions of your referred users!

Some extra advantages of our Affiliate Program: wide range of promotional tools, real-time stats and instant withdrawals of earnings.

Finally, reward count is unlimited, thus, the more users you refer, the more money you earn!

Get Started

Can you make this clear ?

1. If our referrals buy bitcoin with credit card will you count as a trade ? Will we get reward from credit card buys ?
2. Is this just for Bitcoin ? Will we get reward, if our referrals buy ethereum ?
CEX (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 01:14:11 PM

Meet CEX.IO Affiliate Program

We are extremely excited to announce the launch of brand new Affiliate Program by CEX.IO. Within this program, you get 30% of fee from all exchange transactions of your referred users, including all their future purchases/sales on CEX.IO!

How Does it Work?

1. Share your personal referral link across the web
2. The more users you bring to CEX.IO, the more you earn
3. Get 30% of fee from all trade transactions of your referred users!

Some extra advantages of our Affiliate Program: wide range of promotional tools, real-time stats and instant withdrawals of earnings.

Finally, reward count is unlimited, thus, the more users you refer, the more money you earn!

Get Started

Can you make this clear ?

1. If our referrals buy bitcoin with credit card will you count as a trade ? Will we get reward from credit card buys ?
2. Is this just for Bitcoin ? Will we get reward, if our referrals buy ethereum ?

The rewards are given for any trade operation (buy/sell in any currency, the user is free to choose the deposit option).

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
CEX (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 01:16:03 PM

Dear users,

Please be informed that delays in processing support tickets and verification requests are caused by extraordinary user inflow onto the exchange. We are working on increasing our Support & Compliance teams and assure you that the volume will soon be handled as usual.

We kindly ask you for patience and understanding.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 »
  Print  

Jump to: