Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:29:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH crashing long term??  (Read 131 times)
~AnonCoinMan~ (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:36:07 PM

Such high need for ethereum now almost every ICO is ERC20, but if price gets to $1000 again and stays around 1000 it will be too expensive for block production to maintain long term.

If they increase supply sudenly, ETH block producers and everyone holding a lot of ETH will be saying "F**K YUU ETHEREUM!"

Will a new platform take place of ETH?? If so, how soon?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aaron2024

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:05:36 AM

The problem about Ethereum is that scaling it is really difficult.
Not sure if these problems will be solved, the only thing I'm sure of is that if it fails, it would be 10x worse than the Bitconnect fiasco.
Tipstar

Activity: 1750
Merit: 278

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:08:02 AM

Not sure if these problems will be solved, the only thing I'm sure of is that if it fails, it would be 10x worse than the Bitconnect fiasco.

Yes, the actual problem is scaling not the price.
ETH can reach any price as it's divisible to lowest of decimals but it's the fees per transaction that's limiting it's rise.
If Ethereum works to solve this problem, ETH can easily win over BTC.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:14:24 AM
Merited by wiro212 (1)

There are some competitors who are emerging that could compete against Ethereum when launching ICOs. One of them is NEM (XEM) where ICOs like LoyalCoin have successfully launched theirs, and a few more are going to use them as a source for ICO launching. Scaling is one common issue that Ethereum needs to address, where the price itself has struggled to rise unlike Bitcoin and other top altcoins in the market. Just my opinion though.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
sedahan13

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:21:07 AM

Although many competitor in the market, but now the community and the adoption of Ethereum is big already and there are will be more starts ups use blockchain of Ethereum to  development their project. And other competitor need more times because ETH more popular in the market.

│▌██████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ██████▐│
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│   TELEGRAM   │    TWITTER    │     REDDIT     │    MEDIUM    │
AlphaWolf

Activity: 217
Merit: 120

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:22:32 AM

With POS coming Ethereum will more than double its transactions per second and with Plasma coming it will take that to astronomical rate per second. And even if Ethereum fails there will be a fork which will save it.

mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 09:38:19 AM

I don't think so. Ethereum won't crash with so many ICO running. The ether needed to buy / sell the tokens is enough to support the price. The problem would be if a number of the ICOs would crash. That would cause a tsunami, that could affect the rest ICOs and probably other coins too. Right now we have a new correction after so many regulations of the past weeks and the news that G20 will discuss the crypto problem.
Monkeyseemonkeydo

Activity: 246
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:50:21 AM

Nope, it won't crush. Too much of everything in crypto world are tied with Ethereum, it will survive or the whole market will be destroyed with it.
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:53:15 AM

Yes, the actual problem is scaling not the price.
ETH can reach any price as it's divisible to lowest of decimals but it's the fees per transaction that's limiting it's rise.
If Ethereum works to solve this problem, ETH can easily win over BTC.
Tbh right now for ETH hodlers the bigest problem is the low price, not scaling. No one had any significant issues with the transaction speed and fees, volume is pretty low right now so people are more concerned about the current price.
I've noticed that right now the amount of decent ICOs decreased significantly (that's obvious thing during such dips) so that probably affected the ETH price. I know nothing about technical aspects of mining and other stuff but Vitalik Buterin is one of the best minds in the crypto world. Ethereum still remains more established  blockchain then any other.
P.S. Bitconnect was a fiasco only for those  who was "smart" enough to invest in this garbage. I see only positive outcome from its collapse.
TravelMug

Activity: 2618
Merit: 832

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:00:11 AM

I don't think so. Ethereum won't crash with so many ICO running. The ether needed to buy / sell the tokens is enough to support the price. The problem would be if a number of the ICOs would crash. That would cause a tsunami, that could affect the rest ICOs and probably other coins too. Right now we have a new correction after so many regulations of the past weeks and the news that G20 will discuss the crypto problem.

I also don't think that Ethereum crash has something to do with the scaling issue. Its still the number 1 coins for ICO, the recent crash that we have seen is brought by a lot of factors similar to what Bitcoin has been experiencing.

Regulations, certain countries wanted to block crypto and FUD was some reasons on top of my head. If bitcoin manages to get out of this slump, I'm sure that Ethereum will also take a good ride along with it. Let's wait and see.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
STIKS1911

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:03:32 AM

The problems in the ethereum network are really there. And at the moment, the scalability is one of them. But after the last update of the ethereum network, it really began to work better. I think all these problems are well known to the developers of the ethereum and are working on their solution. The transition to PoS is also very will have a good effect on the ethereum network. I think Vitaliy Buterin will solve this problem.

HongKong

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:07:03 AM

Such high need for ethereum now almost every ICO is ERC20, but if price gets to $1000 again and stays around 1000 it will be too expensive for block production to maintain long term.

If they increase supply sudenly, ETH block producers and everyone holding a lot of ETH will be saying "F**K YUU ETHEREUM!"

There may not be a new platform that will replace Ethereum because Ethereum is already known for their smart contracts. Just wait it out.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:19:39 PM

I think that the biggest problem of ethereum for now is the issues with fees if the prices ever increases too high. In this reason is why I think that unless ethereum can find a way to deal with this, a new coin with the same platform will easily replace ethereum in the long run with better innovation than ethereum itself. I have my eyes on some which are pretty promising and have already invested on them some small amounts time by time just to make sure I don't miss the ride to the moon when it happens.
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 05:24:35 PM

I do not think that the crash will be longterm, ethereum is undergoing a downtrend, just wait for signs of reversal or keep an eye on daily candle with hammer formation indicating rejection and reversal, then you can long from there.

dungthuy

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:40:18 PM

i think we hold eth for long time,eth will reach 1000 usd again,may be 2000 usd for the end year 2018,i don't worry about eth,i think now we can buy more eth and btc
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: