Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:18:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Storing Verge  (Read 108 times)
kadin (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:18:05 PM

Just a quick questions to clear up some confusion if you all don't mind.

So, I have verge on binance but I want to store it more securely in a paper wallet.  I've generated a key pair.  What I am wondering is, once I send the xvg to this public key can I just leave it there?  I am trying to figure out how to get it off of that public address once I want to sell it as well.  Do I leave the currency on that paper wallet and then when I want to sell it, import it into a verge wallet like electrum and then send it back to binance??  Does this sound about right?

Thanks to anyone that can clear this up for me.  I've been trying to learn about all this stuff the last few weeks... it is alot to take in as a newbie.

Kadin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoin8x

Activity: 65
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:14:42 AM

Seems about right!
kel-alt

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:43:48 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2018, 05:31:59 PM by kel-alt

Just a quick questions to clear up some confusion if you all don't mind.

So, I have verge on binance but I want to store it more securely in a paper wallet.  I've generated a key pair.  What I am wondering is, once I send the xvg to this public key can I just leave it there?  I am trying to figure out how to get it off of that public address once I want to sell it as well.  Do I leave the currency on that paper wallet and then when I want to sell it, import it into a verge wallet like electrum and then send it back to binance??  Does this sound about right?

Thanks to anyone that can clear this up for me.  I've been trying to learn about all this stuff the last few weeks... it is alot to take in as a newbie.

Kadin

kel-alt Mar 24 -
I have XVG on paper wallet now and may want to import to electrum wallet but there is no
'import' function I have found. I am going to try putting paper wal address and private key
in 'addresses' if I can. Must be done off-line. Will report back. I generated my paper wallets
with computer and printer that have never been connected to internet as suggested.
- It is 'sweep' not import - wallet,private keys, sweep - now to try it! It went well, I just did not
'broadcast' the first time. Now I should be able to send back to exchange if I want.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: