Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:30:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TMAN'S guide to getting merit.  (Read 17956 times)
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2310
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 07:04:22 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2018, 10:48:15 AM by tbct_mt2

For someone who would like to learn English and improve quality of threads in the bitcointal forum.
Hope it helps!

1) Oxford Word Skills (Basic level)

Link to download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RqURcSlQEqCDJSKWV94jnVN5GXAHzbnM/view?usp=sharing

2) Oxford Word Skills (Intermediate level)

Link to download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qjV591wJ-yMGtGHparSqJwe_buFWWF6-/view?usp=sharing

3) Oxford Word Skills (Advanced level)

Link to download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rc6-qGTjoOd93nJaVGSDFF4bMNxq49PZ

Notes: Lol, after publishing this thread, my post count shows 'leet' due to 1337, and I had several panic minutes.

.airbet.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

6,000+
GAMES
|
WEEKLY
PROMOS
....100%....
1ST DEPOSIT
BONUS
....125%.....
2ND DEPOSIT
BONUS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
.PLAY NOW.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2310
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 09:22:29 AM

4000 essential English words (Paul Nation), for someone who would like to learn more vocabularies.

1) Volume 1

Link to download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Mn0ZiBWPXoRHzX5FhRauU81DnOh13MtF/view?usp=sharing

2) Volume 2

Link to download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q2u6BlYwY_FXQIpuoUHOLrc8-SH56seF/view?usp=sharing

3) Volume 3

Link to download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dxZF88MtYITGIeRy-5-gjyQwA2id7lLi/view?usp=sharing

4) Volume 4

Link to download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fu2laGnAwTglASf2JnWL0Yrs6SU-yBn9/view?usp=sharing

5) Volume 5

Link to download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hL6QyIqYRdamdqnSUEZkiAAtvydurapB/view?usp=sharing

6) Volume 6

Link to download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lSmd2L5C6ddOKe29guwH6Mlw7hvCzxfC/view?usp=sharing

.airbet.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

6,000+
GAMES
|
WEEKLY
PROMOS
....100%....
1ST DEPOSIT
BONUS
....125%.....
2ND DEPOSIT
BONUS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
.PLAY NOW.
matthewoz101

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:42:41 PM

I feel like my last 15 posts have been useful, contributing to the conversation, and helpful. I still haven't got merit. Is there any thread that reviews accounts and gives criticism for me to improve my posts further?

Or am I unlucky when it comes to getting merit? Any feedback would be great. My goal is to work hard on this forum and contribute to the future cryptocurrencies.
kickdapa

Activity: 627
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:29:20 AM

I will keep trying to follow your every advice. And, I already admitted to an English learning coaching center in my country, following english practice youtube channel, Android applications. Though I am not very bad in English, But, I know that it is not enough for me. I am spending time here by reading threads and today one of my facebook friends just given me another good ways to improve English writing skill. This is my mission and I Hope I will succeed in my mission. Thanks once again Tman for your great help.

TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1218

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 01:37:45 PM

I feel like my last 15 posts have been useful, contributing to the conversation, and helpful. I still haven't got merit. Is there any thread that reviews accounts and gives criticism for me to improve my posts further?
I went through your posts and I would have following recommendations for you:

1.The walls of text you are posting in Trading and Altcoins - those rarely will attract any readers. It would be better if you consice your opinions and write less and to the point. I know you are trying to help others but sometimes people like the easy solution rather than the intellectual one. Still you are free to decide how much you want to write in each post - totoally your own choice.
2.Stay away from Bitcoin Discussion. Its a worthless shitcan nowadays.
3.Try to diversify posts in other sections as well.

Or am I unlucky when it comes to getting merit? Any feedback would be great. My goal is to work hard on this forum and contribute to the future cryptocurrencies.
I wont call you unlucky, but follow these recommendations and you might get some merits in future.

I will keep trying to follow your every advice. And, I already admitted to an English learning coaching center in my country, following english practice youtube channel, Android applications. Though I am not very bad in English, But, I know that it is not enough for me. I am spending time here by reading threads and today one of my facebook friends just given me another good ways to improve English writing skill. This is my mission and I Hope I will succeed in my mission. Thanks once again Tman for your great help.
Wow. So bitcointalk = English tuitions now? Roll Eyes

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
matthewoz101

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:33:28 PM

I went through your posts and I would have following recommendations for you:

1.The walls of text you are posting in Trading and Altcoins - those rarely will attract any readers. It would be better if you consice your opinions and write less and to the point. I know you are trying to help others but sometimes people like the easy solution rather than the intellectual one. Still you are free to decide how much you want to write in each post - totoally your own choice.
2.Stay away from Bitcoin Discussion. Its a worthless shitcan nowadays.
3.Try to diversify posts in other sections as well.

I wont call you unlucky, but follow these recommendations and you might get some merits in future.

Wow. So bitcointalk = English tuitions now? Roll Eyes

Thanks for the response. If I had merit, I would award you some.
friends1980
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:58:14 PM

When I see this kind of posts, from two Hero Members, I kinda understand how some "newer" members are deadly frustrated for being in a way lower rank... Smiley I don't even understand what they are saying...

The value of Ethereum do not depend on the value of Ethereum can reach the Bitcoin value to beat the Bitcoin ranking in the cryptocurrency world. More features, benefit, products, etc. better than Bitcoin, it will become the winner and beat Bitcoin someday. So, I do not care the Ethereum value can reach the Bitcoin value or not.

I am not ready to accept that for I know ETH is not able to rise as high as Bitcoin. Think about the initial price of Bitcoin and the current market value and compare it with the initial price and current market value of ETH. There is a huge difference in both. Bitcoin has been internationalized now and almost every company across Europe accepts it with love. ETH has a t rend line much below that of Bitcoin.

nutildah-III - First BitcoinTalk NFT Transaction ever - 2021-04-01 [666 fBTC]
lhtot8

Activity: 147
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:39:05 AM

4000 essential English words (Paul Nation), for someone who would like to learn more vocabularies.
< .... >
I highly appreciate your time to collect those books and share free links to download.
hope that non-native English speakers will find your thread and use those books to improve their English proficiency a bit.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 09:56:34 AM

When I see this kind of posts, from two Hero Members, I kinda understand how some "newer" members are deadly frustrated for being in a way lower rank... Smiley I don't even understand what they are saying...

The value of Ethereum do not depend on the value of Ethereum can reach the Bitcoin value to beat the Bitcoin ranking in the cryptocurrency world. More features, benefit, products, etc. better than Bitcoin, it will become the winner and beat Bitcoin someday. So, I do not care the Ethereum value can reach the Bitcoin value or not.

I am not ready to accept that for I know ETH is not able to rise as high as Bitcoin. Think about the initial price of Bitcoin and the current market value and compare it with the initial price and current market value of ETH. There is a huge difference in both. Bitcoin has been internationalized now and almost every company across Europe accepts it with love. ETH has a t rend line much below that of Bitcoin.
I'm not that fluent in English and I accept it but to read this posts coming from members who have higher rank than me, I'm thinking that I am lucky that I am still  at Full member now.

P.S. I laughed for almost a minute with what this one poster said "WITH LOVE"  Grin Grin Grin. Sorry but can't help myself not to laugh with it. Peace Smiley

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 10:26:08 AM

P.S. I laughed for almost a minute with what this one poster said "WITH LOVE"  Grin Grin Grin. Sorry but can't help myself not to laugh with it. Peace Smiley

But everybody loves a Logitech mouse. Smiley

Not everybody knows how to use one though, you might be interested in this birthday card that I picked up yesterday. The link is just a jpeg.

Are you sure that's how you surf the net?

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
madnessteat
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1963

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 06:02:02 PM

I came to the understanding that English is needed not only for this forum. I have a small child and we are waiting for the second. In the future they will go to school and they will have to learn English. But nobody taught him in our family. Both my wife and I learned German. Now I spend about an hour learning English every day. Who else will help them if not the father.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
golovayv

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:15:26 PM

My native language is not English. With my level of English knowledge, I have to use Google translate to write posts. But I do not want to look stupid or lazy, I check the text several times and also use Grammarly apps for Google Chrome.
TMAN (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 03:54:35 PM
Merited by friends1980 (1)

I came to the understanding that English is needed not only for this forum. I have a small child and we are waiting for the second. In the future they will go to school and they will have to learn English. But nobody taught him in our family. Both my wife and I learned German. Now I spend about an hour learning English every day. Who else will help them if not the father.

That is cool, I had a cheeseburger for lunch and a coke zero.

My native language is not English. With my level of English knowledge, I have to use Google translate to write posts. But I do not want to look stupid or lazy, I check the text several times and also use Grammarly apps for Google Chrome.

Then why the fuck are you here if you cant really understand what is going on and you are using a shitty translate program to post?

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
dumiya

Activity: 189
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 06:50:40 AM

one other thing, you need to stop these bounties, I know it hurts you now financially, but seeing someone in a low end bounty for $20 just makes me asume they are a 3rd world poster and with a great initiative by BTCforJoe there is an option to help
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3055616.0
That thread is a tremendous Idea so props to OP there

Now take my advise as you will, you are entitled to your opinion but I believe if you took the above actions you will be in a position to apply for the higher paying sig campaigns in 2-3 years from a newbie  that's right you could be earning $300 a week from your signature if you put in effort and took some short term pain think of it as a training course to get 3x the Philippine's average family income.

I believe this as the most important point. Majority of new bitcointalk members are trying to become instant cryptocurrency millionaires by participating in signature bounty campaigns. They know that senior members with higher member ranks will get higher stakes per each post. This makes them to create more and more posts to get more stakes in signature bounty campaigns as they have to beat the senior members by posts count. Then they become 3rd world posters and never get merits from reputed members. Final result will be staying as a junior member forever.

My native language is not English. I think I have to take OP's advice and learn English in order to contribute to this forum in a better manner.
main320

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:17:00 AM

I carefully read your article will come in very handy to me and I think it's helpful for starters.
Wasii

Activity: 80

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 03:44:42 PM

The other way around this is the list to not get Merit from this people so be careful
is this allowed in the forum? If true how can one get it,  I heard its not that easy as newbie to get merits
nev1d

Activity: 112
Merit: 43

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:57:59 PM

I would also like to add that you can learn English using different sites. Links to them I will not leave, I will leave only the names

I'll talk about two resources - Busuu and Duolingo.
I'm not trying to name the best method of learning English, but only acquaint you with the practice - my and friends.

Duolingo

Having learned about this system after the need for training courses has disappeared, I can judge the effectiveness of the system only by the feedback of its graduates. If you evaluate only this indicator, you should definitely try it.

The Duolingo project was launched in the US. It is built on the technique of igrofification - the path from the beginning to the end of the training is fixed on the gaming skill tree. The technique pays much attention to written lessons, dictations. If you perform the task with dignity - you add points. Failure to do so results in a loss of life and a return to the beginning of the lesson.

Busuu

International social network, which unites people to study the language. Here you can communicate with its speakers, learn grammar, memorize words. The educational materials of the site are diverse, however, to have access to full content, you need to pay a subscription. But it's worth it. You can learn both on the computer and with applications for smartphones.

If you are interested, I can make a list of ten or more services that you can use. Let me know. Good luck!
PROTO_Token

Activity: 67
Merit: 1

The Next Evolution In Transaction Technology

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 10:13:07 PM

Read the topic carefully before reply on some thread, and study the thread case first. It will useful to make a good post reply and still on the thread topic as well

This is great advice Indohunter.  I also suggest using a search engine and looking for the topic on bitcoin talk to avoid duplicating articles.

If you are looking for an answer, this tends to be much faster.

TMan's guide was one of the first posts I read on this forum. 

I remember the days of $1 BTC, wish I had made more moves.
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:16:04 AM

To learn English, you can watch English movies with subtitles. Here is the list of those films and series that I used.

My Fair Lady (1964)      Bridget Jones’s Diary (2001)               The Office (2001—2003)                     

Extr@ (2002—2004)

I think you missed a very good series.

http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/tvbanners/183931/p183931_b_v8_ac.jpg

This is worth watching.

I am alive
olari

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:34:48 PM

Merits is the best way to protect this forum from alt accounts and shitposters, you have to make some effort to earn a few Merits. Hundreds or may be thousands accounts appear every day on bitcointalk and something or someone should limit their number. Thank TMAN for advice, I use it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: