Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:08:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stock market principles needed in crypto world: SEC official  (Read 235 times)
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:05:17 AM

It's about time, considering that market manipulation on cryptos is like the norms of today, and if people are really serious in getting this thing to the next level, they should realize that bitcoin--and cryptocurrencies in general--should mature. Regulations IMO are not as bad as what other people portray them to be. If the right regulations were placed in a given market, it will flourish and attract more people into it.

They're too afraid about the regulations that it might remove what was the purpose of BTC to give anonymity. But in reality all of the actions from the government was I think to protect the people. As you said, this regulations is needed for the cryptocurrency to level-up.

Do you really believe that the government is there to do you good?
I believe in the self regulation of the market. Rules imposed by the authorities only create confusion, scare people away, and most importantly aren't free. If the government touches something and puts in work it's going to have to bring them profit later. This means taxes on top of taxes for you and guys in suits on your doorstep.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
russaa8 (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 08:23:10 PM

It's about time, considering that market manipulation on cryptos is like the norms of today, and if people are really serious in getting this thing to the next level, they should realize that bitcoin--and cryptocurrencies in general--should mature. Regulations IMO are not as bad as what other people portray them to be. If the right regulations were placed in a given market, it will flourish and attract more people into it.

They're too afraid about the regulations that it might remove what was the purpose of BTC to give anonymity. But in reality all of the actions from the government was I think to protect the people. As you said, this regulations is needed for the cryptocurrency to level-up.

I believe in the self regulation of the market. Rules imposed by the authorities only create confusion, scare people away, and most importantly aren't free. If the government touches something and puts in work it's going to have to bring them profit later. This means taxes on top of taxes for you and guys in suits on your doorstep.

As history has shown, the authorities act always in their own interests or in the interests of their approximate people. In some countries this is more obvious, in others it is more secretive. Bitcoin and his technology can change this, make this world better and more just! The authorities want to control bitcoin, they are afraid of it. They want to control all cash flows, including crypto. I, frankly, against this, I am against the current world order.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 03:03:45 PM

I, frankly, against this, I am against the current world order.

Saying that is good, but actually doing something to change that is even better; what have you done to actually put force behind your words? If you keep converting your coins to fiat back and forth, you are only stimulating the economy you don't like. Trading is good as long as the funds remain on-exchange to eventually have them be converted to Bitcoin anyway, but actually cashing out is like going back in time and thus also back to the rotten system you are against.

I am sure that if we all stand up and fight for what's good, we can overrule this system easily, and force it to abide by OUR rules if it plans to be part of the revolution. People however are too stupid to participate in it for the simple reason being that they don't see any threat in how the system is progressing. Bitcoin is the ultimate tool to get what we want, but if people don't use it as a weapon to fight the current system, it's unfortunately useless in that aspect. I hope the general mentality will change at some later point, but I have my doubts. Lips sealed
Kingofbitcoin12345

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 03:09:53 PM

Supervision’s has the same sense as manipulation and controlled environment.. Are you really willing to give up decentralization for this kind of risk that the stock market investors is facing.. No way that I’ll be good at that bargain,, if you don’t want this kind of a chaotic market then why not pack your bag back to investing in fiat..

Don’t bother to forced this as this only be a step of the government and elites in holding our neck again..

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

BAILOUT

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 03:15:13 PM

Different considerations are needed in crypto because it is different than stock in many ways. They most are decentralized but some regulations from central authorities are clearly needed.

cordlesslake

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 03:24:10 PM

It seems to me that Clayton's conclusions are largely sharable. There is no doubt that some aspects of cryptocurrencies have to be regulated, at least fraudulent ICOs. Of course this must not become a pretext to remove all freedom from the sector.
speccetima

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:53:00 PM

Marinecoin is an interesting project that will grow strongly and you can double your money, maybe x10.  marineco.in It is a time tested network.  There’s no ICO, zero fees,  no pre-sale, but will send to everyone! It’s proof of promotion. And uses artificial intelligence. MTC is the ticker for Marinecoin value. mtc has extremely fast speeds, is eco-friendly, and its a community coin.time dilution technology It is  community backed
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:29:40 AM

Regardless of their intentions, I can see a lot more regulation in the crypto space with the years to come.

It's actually good to have regulated and registered exchanges, rather than having unregulated ones, if it's solely for the reason of keeping them honest and making sure that their assets in reserve match up with the liabilities. However, what I worry about is if the government starts surveillancing crypto purchases and make draconian KYC laws, which make it close to impossible to trade BTC.

However, if that does happen, i suspect that trading will just move to decentralised or p2p exchanges.

Good or bad, it's not going to affect bitcoin itself. Governments can only regulate bitcoin related businesses, and cannot control bitcoin itself, which is one of BTC's biggest benefits.
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:57:37 AM

It's actually better to have a self regulating body if it is impossible for this to be imposed. If there are private parties within the cryptocommunity which could provide for the regulation, then there won't be need of government intervention.

While the government has the task to protect and safeguard it's citizens, they also generate revenue through taxes - a tool they could use through cryptocurrency regulation. Expect taxes when the government gets involved. Are you ready to pay a little extra when this happens?
tokothergo

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:18:37 PM

Marinecoín - You have heard of .MTC. yet? it is a potential ico, it is free but value increase continuously in the past days. It is time developed blockchain with quickly growing community, artificial intelligence and many other features in itself.  in Internet Artificial Intelligence (AI) of Things (IoT). time dilution technology. time dilution technology - artificial intelligence - self sustaining - community - fair distribution - iot. Now you can join marineco free ICO. . I believe they have a good future. You can now just join here marineco.ín and get 20000 .MTC.. in Internet Artificial Intelligence (AI) of Things (IoT). time dilution technology. time dilution technology - artificial intelligence - self sustaining - community - fair distribution - iotJoin the Marinecoín community - marineco.ín. that’s the chance for you. Hurry up!!!They give 20000.MTC. free for you but you need sign up the link: marineco.ín and do steps.
Simon Eaton

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:23:12 PM

At the moment nothing in terms of frameworks or best practices exist. Its still being formulated or I hope it is. This is what will help the next wave of retail investors to enter the market! That and a real new use case being developed, instead of pure speculation
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:29:46 PM

It's actually better to have a self regulating body if it is impossible for this to be imposed. If there are private parties within the cryptocommunity which could provide for the regulation, then there won't be need of government intervention.

While the government has the task to protect and safeguard it's citizens, they also generate revenue through taxes - a tool they could use through cryptocurrency regulation. Expect taxes when the government gets involved. Are you ready to pay a little extra when this happens?

Of course i'm not ready to pay extra. I would be if I knew that the money is going to be used to do good, that I will actually see things change around me and feel safer. In reality money from crypto will go towards something irrelevant in the big picture, but something that the government finds to be important, like building new missiles or putting drug users in jail. The typical policeman will remain as uneducated and unaware of cryptocurrencies as he is now.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:31:40 PM

Despite the position or your position, I think they are particularly talking about regulating the icos. That is the new comers coins that most times are not keeping to the promise made while some will never distribute rewards but disappear.
coinsontheroad

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:34:05 PM

The work of the trading platforms for crypto-currencies can be improved by applying to them some principles of stock market regulation. Jay Clayton, reports Reuters.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-crypto-currency-regulation/stock-market-principles-needed-in-crypto-world-sec-official-idUSKBN1GY2ZN?utm_source=applenews

Clayton refers to examples of such principles as supervision and the policy of best execution of transactions. As for the ICO, the head of the SEC is of the opinion that the same requirements as for securities should apply to the sphere of primary bids of coins.
Head of the SEC for Trading and Markets Brett Redfirn is convinced that the crypto industry is in its infancy and still resembles the Wild West. Also Redfirn singled out a number of topical, in his opinion, problems of this market. Among them, fraud, market manipulation, theft, cybersecurity, as well as the financing of terrorism and money laundering.
According to him, the Commission does not seek to stifle innovation, but the SEC's duty is to protect the rights of investors. Redfirn also said that his agency is now "very busy" studying a lot of recent ICOs.

Do not you think that under the pretext of protecting investors they just want to protect the interests of the current monetary system, thereby regulating the world of crypto currency? I think that they are afraid of crypto-currency and want to have control over them ...

Yes. We're talking about the government here. They want everything. They want as much of our money as they can get and they will use violent force to take.

mamarried

Activity: 260
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:35:37 PM

Yeah...I have thought about that...many principles are similar in both situations, but also there is many things, which are completely different about them.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: