Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:52:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SPOT Mining-  (Read 1638 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Stingi

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:34:52 PM

So you have an ICO, huge premine, vague whitepaper and anonymous team working on the coin.
What makes this project different from any other attempt at a cash grab? What's the incentive here to mine this coin? What's the use case for this coin?

I'd like being proven wrong but so far I don't see anything that excites me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SPOTmeCoin (OP)

Activity: 12

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 08:03:02 PM

So you have an ICO, huge premine, vague whitepaper and anonymous team working on the coin.
What makes this project different from any other attempt at a cash grab? What's the incentive here to mine this coin? What's the use case for this coin?

I'd like being proven wrong but so far I don't see anything that excites me.

If you have read the whitepaper and aren't excited by SPOT then it is obviously the wrong investment for your time.
We are here to stay and very excited about the future we have envisioned and laid out there. You can ask any of our miners, and coin owners about their experiences with us.
perlakung

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:25:14 AM

Are you using any software? XMR-Stack?
idolbloglive

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:15:55 AM

I am. getting around 15,000 coins a day
perlakung

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:20:45 AM

Thats a lot! What is ur hahsrate? How many gpu?
perlakung

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:16:34 PM

Good to hear its working!

https://discord.gg/nCsxdMf -  Anyone wants to join the unofficial discord channel.
idolbloglive

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:14:50 PM

XMR-Stack
idolbloglive

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:05:40 PM

I am curious as to what the approximate value of 1 spot is.
cranefist

Activity: 205

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:06:38 PM

We have a community discord channel for SPOTmeCoin here : https://discord.gg/nCsxdMf

And a 1% fee pool here : http://spot.hashpool.frl/
ClassyMustard

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:04:14 PM

Hi Guys,

exciting project here. Been mining for a while but now as of block 33468, none of my mined blocks are there. I've reset the blockchain and wallet and it stops at 33468. I looked at the log and have successful mined blocks up to 38200 which do not show up in wallet.

There was a switch to alternative chain (not sure if that's the issue or not).

Anyone else experiencing this?

Cheers!
solominer247

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:54:47 PM

Hey all, I would really like to join the Spot Community but having difficulty with setup.
Can someone please guide me. I have dl SPOT-win zip folder which contains: miner.exe , simplewallet.exe & SPOT.exe
But have no clue what to do next Sad

I have also created wallet address.

Also, I have 4 x Asus GTX 1070 OC 8GB if that helps?

Thanks
perlakung

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:39:53 PM

Hey all, I would really like to join the Spot Community but having difficulty with setup.
Can someone please guide me. I have dl SPOT-win zip folder which contains: miner.exe , simplewallet.exe & SPOT.exe

Thanks

YOu can choose on any of the pool listed . Guide will be there under "Getting Started"

List of Pools
http://explorer.spotmecoin.com/#pools
ClassyMustard

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:53:30 PM

Hi Guys,

exciting project here. Been mining for a while but now as of block 33468, none of my mined blocks are there. I've reset the blockchain and wallet and it stops at 33468. I looked at the log and have successful mined blocks up to 38200 which do not show up in wallet.

Cheers!

So it's happening again...mined blocks confirmed but no change in wallet. Reset/blockchain re-downloaded still nothing...hoping this can be solved....not sure what's going on but it's not a good feeling seeing the mining rewards gone Sad

Let me know if this is a unique instance or not. Latest mined was 2b0e72a76795ec76374155f99174979f4ee7c015ca5503831a327c896807380c. Block explorer shows it but it's not added to wallet count.

Ideas?
solominer247

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:54:48 PM

Thanks

YOu can choose on any of the pool listed . Guide will be there under "Getting Started"

List of Pools

Hey bro! Thanks for the reply.
With my setup what Port would you recommend? mid range?
perlakung

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:34:42 AM

Thanks

List of Pools

Hey bro! Thanks for the reply.
With my setup what Port would you recommend? mid range?

You can join the SPoT discord channel below. they will be able to answer some of your question.
Official Discord Channel
https://discord.gg/nCsxdMf
Baskers76

Activity: 47

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:22:37 PM

Hi Guys,

Cheers!

So it's happening again...mined blocks confirmed but no change in wallet. Reset/blockchain re-downloaded still nothing...hoping this can be solved....not sure what's going on but it's not a good feeling seeing the mining rewards gone Sad

Let me know if this is a unique instance or not. Latest mined was 2b0e72a76795ec76374155f99174979f4ee7c015ca5503831a327c896807380c. Block explorer shows it but it's not added to wallet count.

Ideas?

Hey there fellow spotter.  I had the same problem and followed the post by Ben, one of the devs, below.  Hope it helps you out.

This happens when the simplewallet is opened and not exited properly

You need to delete the blockchain data store. and then resync the wallet to the blockchain.  Do not delete your wallet or you will lose everything.

Sent this to another user...If it doesnt work or need some help let me know

ok, the way I was able to replicate the issue, was that the wallet had been opened and was left open.  It had been recieving notifications and another instance of the wallet was opened, which opened from the last saved state.

The two instances working on the same wallet file screwed things up.

So to fix this

we are going to force reloading the blockchain of the node.

Step 1) --stop all instances of the node, wallet, miner

Step 2) Find the directory where the blockchain is stored and delete it
Important (do this on the computer where you open your wallet)

On windows
It should be under your app data folder.  This is a specific folder to your computer.  Generally located in the path below

C:\Users\your-logged-in-user\AppData\Roaming\SPOT

On linux/mac it should be in your profile directory under the folder .SPOT

3) Next start up the SPOT network node

let it syncronize

Once Syncronized -> Open the wallet and  type reset which will reread the entire block chain.. not just where it last left off.

that will give you every block that was sent to your wallet
ClassyMustard

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:05:32 PM

(y)

not sure what happened, mining is working again. CPu was going to sleep....false panic! lol

Thanks!

Hope to see grand things from this project!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: