Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:18:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone host with coingeeks.io based in Utah?  (Read 221 times)
SingMine (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:08:59 AM

Hello, I am looking at hosting options and came across the coingeeks.io website. Looks like the have a good setup in Utah and also capacity. I couldn’t find too many comments online from people who have used them to host their miners.

Anyone here have any feedback?

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SingMine (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:45:11 PM

I have seen a previous thread from them, but I am interested in anyone who has colocated their miners with them.

https://coingeeks.io/

Thanks

onceuponanonce

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:04:46 AM

They are for real.  I have had some S9s and L3+ miners there.  They are expensive but their service has been good.  They offer VPN access at no extra cost.
SingMine (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:56:26 AM

Thanks for the reply. Ok their website looks good and they are new but I cant find many people who know anything about them. They are one of the few colocation places I have found that have current free capacity...so why arnt people using them and talking about them? Their facebook and twitter pages dont have too many posts either.

Do we know who owns them or operates them? I am hoping they are legit but but just need a bit more confidence.

Hortt

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:44:49 PM

I have seen a previous thread from them, but I am interested in anyone who has colocated their miners with them.

https://coingeeks.io/

Thanks

Hey yo!
I have colocated.
As well as one my friend did. One month with them already. We are from Ukraine, so decided to host asics with coingeeks.
They are absolutelly fast and trustworty. Was a pleasure to  deal with. Specially that fact I can pay with eth for the services.

Would recommend.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 3389

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 06:53:38 AM

Hello, I am looking at hosting options and came across the coingeeks.io website. Looks like the have a good setup in Utah and also capacity. I couldn’t find too many comments online from people who have used them to host their miners.

I suggest to wait for more proof/reviews (especially when two other newbie users have recommended their services). Amount of scammers (on this particular field) as of late is on the rise.

I cant find many people who know anything about them. They are one of the few colocation places I have found that have current free capacity...so why arnt people using them and talking about them? Their facebook and twitter pages dont have too many posts either.

Do we know who owns them or operates them? I am hoping they are legit but but just need a bit more confidence.
These are the main issues:

1. Can't verify who they are
2. Can't visit the facilty

Even though they said this:
Our identities are honestly really easy to search for (HINT; our corp is registered in Utah), we just didn't feel the need to blast it out to the world.

We've got a TON of social media content lined up, where you guys will probably see us on video and in pictures. We've got several livestream events planned out for after the holiday season, and we'll be posting announcements about them once things are ready.
And yet nothing can be found so I suggest to wait for them to do the livestreams and etc... and when the identities are known, use those to verify for their actual existence (prior to sending your mining rigs to them).

3. Last time that they were online, was on January,20 and yet they didn't answer the following users concern (posted on January,3): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2616884.msg27408153#msg27408153

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jnem

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:40:23 AM

Their service is great, its just damn expensive. At current rates, half of my S9 profits are getting eatten up, so I am going to move to a cheaper service soon.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:37:59 AM

Thanks
Not many people have used their service and hence there are lot of 'yet-to-be-decided' reviews.You can check their main thread here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2616884.0
(looks shady)
Some newbie randomly made an account to shill for them doesn't sound good either.Please don't fall for it and not risk your money on the website.
SingMine (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:51:46 AM

Thanks for the reply Patatas.

They offered Credit card payment for fees which interested me due to the protection until we had build up a relationship. Once I got into conversation they said they would only accept wire transfer or crypto currency.

I decided to leave it. Not saying there is anything dodgy with them, but I didn't get the vibe I was after so I didn't pursue.
coingeeks

Activity: 38

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 05:00:32 PM

I suggest to wait for more proof/reviews (especially when two other newbie users have recommended their services). Amount of scammers (on this particular field) as of late is on the rise.

I cant find many people who know anything about them. They are one of the few colocation places I have found that have current free capacity...so why arnt people using them and talking about them? Their facebook and twitter pages dont have too many posts either.

These are the main issues:

1. Can't verify who they are
2. Can't visit the facilty

Even though they said this:
Our identities are honestly really easy to search for (HINT; our corp is registered in Utah), we just didn't feel the need to blast it out to the world.

We've got a TON of social media content lined up, where you guys will probably see us on video and in pictures. We've got several livestream events planned out for after the holiday season, and we'll be posting announcements about them once things are ready.
And yet nothing can be found so I suggest to wait for them to do the livestreams and etc... and when the identities are known, use those to verify for their actual existence (prior to sending your mining rigs to them).

3. Last time that they were online, was on January,20 and yet they didn't answer the following users concern (posted on January,3): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2616884.msg27408153#msg27408153

>I suggest to wait for more proof/reviews (especially when two other newbie users have recommended their services). Amount of scammers (on this particular field) as of late is on the rise.

I fully understand your hesitancy.  We're growing our current space and in talks to get another building and we understand it takes time to gain the trust of the market.

>1. Can't verify who they are

We're an LLC filed with the state of Utah, is there something specific you're looking for?

>2. Can't visit the facilty

Due to our insurance, we are unable to let anyone who is not part of coingeeks into the facilities.

>And yet nothing can be found

Not sure why you're having such trouble.  The city and state have had no trouble sending us our licenses to operate.

>3. Last time that they were online, was on January,20 and yet they didn't answer the following users concern (posted on January,3): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2616884.msg27408153#msg27408153

Thank you for pointing that out, it's been rectified. We have also updated our initial post with more information for the community.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: