Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:30:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gathering funds for legal action against HashFast (troll-free)  (Read 6113 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cedivad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 11:28:18 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2013, 09:59:09 PM by cedivad

Prologue: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=316945.0

This is a placeholder, just not to have stupid trolls to troll my thread and actions.
Anyway, it looks like that no-one is interested in going on in this but me. Or rather, many are interested, but no-one wants to spend more on the black hole HF probably is.

No problem, i will go ahead alone. If i'm right and after that i paid lawyers by my own you want to join the cause, you will be free to do so.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2013, 12:01:56 PM

I'm a student with an order and would like to at least consider my options
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2013, 02:31:16 PM

Your link links to here,  anyway I would expect a summary  of some sort.
cedivad (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 09:57:38 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2013, 10:12:44 PM by cedivad

Your link links to here,  anyway I would expect a summary  of some sort.
Ops, you are right. Updated the link, and a summary is incoming as soon as i hear back from the lawyer (or maybe before that, we will see, i would like to write a good summary but i would also like to go on with a project of mine that is taking me completely). I got some good suggestions tonight.

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 10:08:05 PM

You had me at "gathering funds".

</troll>

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
HashFast_CL

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 04:35:37 AM

Dear cedivad,

We published a shipping window between Point A (end of Oct) and Point B (Dec 31) and committed to issuing full refunds if we ship outside of this window (IE after Dec 31).

What you're seeing is a narrowing of that window, and honesty on the company's part in communicating with our customers.
We believe that to be a good thing.

Naturally, we'd love to hear whatever you'd like to say - and if you feel we are doing things wrong, please tell us how we may do better.

That extends to any of our customers, people who are not yet our customers, and people who are not and never will be

Thanks!

HF

PS to answer your other point regarding the ROI calculations, some points we think are relevant include

1- We do not control the hashrate
2- Despite that, we came up with the MPP as a way to further support our customer's success.
3- We then gave MPP protection free of charge to all batch 1 customers, who were not expecting it
     and were charged for it.
4- MPP protection is intentionally denominated in BTC, not USD.  
    Given the direction BTC prices are taking, it is possible our early or late customers will achieve ROI in
    less that 90 days - and still receive MPP protection from us.  No charge, no questions.

We are proud to be the first ASIC company to do that for its customers.
We're happy to see other ASIC companies follow our lead (down to copying "miner protection program" word-for-word); if it leads to ASIC companies treating their customers better than has historically been the case, we are all for it.

Best,

-HF_CL

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 04:40:04 AM

Holding peoples money until the end of Dec really sucks.  If people want to get out due to the difficulty screaming upward like nuts then people should have the option to do so.
cedivad (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 10:38:47 AM
Last edit: October 27, 2013, 10:55:09 AM by cedivad

HF_CL, first of all, thank you for showing up. There are many reasons why i disagree with you. It will take a few minutes, but let's go trough them all.

We published a shipping window between Point A (end of Oct) and Point B (Dec 31) and committed to issuing full refunds if we ship outside of this window (IE after Dec 31).
You always promised a shipping date of October. When customers called you 3 days before the delay, you where saying that everything was on track for a delivery within 5-10 days. Many customers (about half of batch 1, or the customers that bought during the first half of the timeframe where batch 1 was sold), where promised a "Point A" shipping date on the website, and no "Point B" was visible on the ToS.
So, no, you never promised a shipping date between point a and point b. What an elaborate way of describing such an easy concept, anyway. What you promised where full refunds if failed to delivery before point b (we all know that if you arrive at point b without delivering you will be bankrupt). This however doesn't change the fact that you (will be) late on your self promised shipping date, and that entitles your customers to a full refund. Regardless, and more importantly with many fewer points of discussions, your contract doesn't say anything about denying customers to cancel their orders and to get a prompt full refund. I guess that there is not such a point simply because it would be illegal and a self admission of guilt.
It's a law, and usually legal entities has to obey to laws, right? Independently with what they write on their contracts.

What you're seeing is a narrowing of that window, and honesty on the company's part in communicating with our customers.
We believe that to be a good thing.
I have to use either Orwell or Kafka to describe how much i do believe that you do believe that this is a good thing.

Naturally, we'd love to hear whatever you'd like to say - and if you feel we are doing things wrong, please tell us how we may do better.
Sure. Thanks for the proposal. These are my suggestions:
1) Start by proving us that you are legit. You showed us pics of the sierra case, and that's good, but not good enough. You should have the boards ready (everything but the substrate is on track, remember?), so, if you are legit and where ready to ship, only delayed by a problem with the substrate, you should be able to show us pics of the boards. Please do it, you also promised to do so weeks ago by your own will, but we have yet to see those pics. My conclusion is that they don't exist. They are not yet ready because they where not needed for this point, but for 20 days from now. My second conclusion is that the problem with the substrate is just an "avalon 2.0" excuse, where they where lamenting lacks of "capacitors and resistors" in China. We both know that Avalon was lying, and it was only an excuse to delay their batch 2 to their customers, that if delivered in time, would have ROId a lot. So, and with this i will conclude our point, while Avalon couldn't prove the lack of Resistors&Capacitors in China, you could be able to prove the problems you are having with the substrate, and you would partially restore the trust of your customers; we are not bastards, we understand that problems could occur down the line, but that doesn't allow you to invent excuses Avalon-like; you have to show proof of them.

2) You are selling a product overpriced at least 10 times to your first Batch customers (i would call them yours VC). These customers, due to your lack of diligence, will lose, in the best case as of now, by supposing a mid-November delivery, 75% of their investment. That's not acceptable. You are refusing to help your customers in any way. You could for example fix the date of beginning of the MPP to the first of november (or better, the date where they where promised to ship in their invoices), and, add a fixed point on delivery with the MPP. As of now, the MPP only says that we will get 2 times that hashrate we would have needed to roi, up to 4 times the initial hashrate, 3 months later. But there are no fixed delivery dates for you. Being something incredibly dependent by the delivery date, not putting a delivery date there seems like adding irony at your customers' losses. When i meet John at the bitcoin conference@Amsterdam, he said that there would have been no problem to move my order to the second batch of sierra, "i don't see how that could be a problem", but later, he always ignored my requests to do so. Now, a second batch sierra is delivered 10 days later and costs 1/3rd of our BJs. Is that fair in your book? Given your closure, it looks like so.

3) i wrote soo much and i have yet to answer the bs you have at the end of your post, so i will stop here. If as you proposed others want to join the discussion, please do it.

PS to answer your other point regarding the ROI calculations, some points we think are relevant include
That seems like a point you will have to bring up in a court of law, not here. We know that. Thanks for sharing anyway.

2- Despite that, we came up with the MPP as a way to further support our customer's success.
Everyone on this forum agrees that the MPP, as of now, is one of the most comic pages of this forum. We both now that as it is right now, it's useless.
Reasoning:
1) 2 times the hashrate in 3 months, while the difficulty increases with the actual difficulty adjustment in 3 months would be 10 times+.
2) up to 4 times the needed hashrate to roi, so that even with a 2x multiplier, it will kick in full time given the minimal revenues batch 1 customers will make.
3) no fixed delivery date for the extra hashrate. This one is a really bad one, maybe the worst of them all. With this point alone, the MPP is useless.

3- We then gave MPP protection free of charge to all batch 1 customers, who were not expecting it and were charged for it.
Two incredibly big lays in this quote.
1) I ordered my batch 1 with the MPP already promised. As did many other, the MPP helped you to sell out the first batch, you where struggling at it before.
2) We paid for it. One just has to look at the price difference from the november BJ, with or without MPP. The ones with the MPP have a price in line with the BJ of batch 1, while the ones without MPP have a price of about half of that.

MPP protection is intentionally denominated in BTC, not USD. Given the direction BTC prices are taking, it is possible our early or late customers will achieve ROI in less that 90 days - and still receive MPP protection from us.  No charge, no questions.
I invested to have a BTC return over a BTC investment, i really don't care about the exchange rate. I wanted a BTC ROI, not an USD one. Who cares about USD in this community anyway? At this point, anyway, BTC would have to go to 1000$+ for us to have a USD ROI.

Btw, those points looks like to have been email-formatted (max 70 characters per line as per RFC), where they sent via email to complaining customers too? I don't remember to have received them.

We are proud to be the first ASIC company to do that for its customers.
We're happy to see other ASIC companies follow our lead (down to copying "miner protection program" word-for-word); if it leads to ASIC companies treating their customers better than has historically been the case, we are all for it.
I won't even comment this marketing bs. Please retrain from inflating your posts with, it would be appreciated. You already sold a metric ton, now you just have to deliver.

Best,
-HF_CL
Have a nice time answering, as i did, HF_CL. Thank you for taking some time to pass by here and have a nice day.

eneloop
Legendary

Activity: 1513
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 06:19:58 PM

MPP should be from the day of shipment!

I'm really glad to havn't bought anything from HF. Same shit different company.
Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 07:06:05 PM

3- We then gave MPP protection free of charge to all batch 1 customers, who were not expecting it
     and were charged for it.
    Given the direction BTC prices are taking, it is possible our early or late customers will achieve ROI in
    less that 90 days - and still receive MPP protection from us.  No charge, no questions.

Best,

-HF_CL

Sorry but I think you are not getting the point that we are trying to explain.

The MPP is ok and perfect. Lot of people including me went with HF just because of this.

The point is that you didn't make avaliable the two range of products from the first day. You waited long time to be almost every BJ sold and then you put on sale a machine with x3 hashing power with just one month "expected"  difference for 7000$. Even worse, you made 3 days of sale so you could buy a sierra for the BJ price almost.

After this lot of people tried to change the BJ order into a sierra because of course we expected delays and its from far a better choice. But you refuse to make that exchange long time ago.Now with the delay there is just 10 days between the two batches and that taking in account the "mid november" exact shipping day given by HF.

You think is fair that someone that puts money and faith into your company in the first batch will be receiving 3 times less hashing power that someone that comes after ?
Just in case, I got nothing against 2 batch customers as they made the right choice, so congratulations  Wink

The big point here is that I am not complaining about that the hashrate is going so high that I may not ROI (that is something we accept when we decide to go mining), the thing is that YOU are the ones that are not taking of the first batch customers, not the market, not the hashrate and not the BTC. Its pretty simple in my head:
- 400GH in mid november + MPP . Lets say we havent ROI so 1,6TH for example in late February. This taking in acount that in February we will have to purchase again cooling, psus, cases and of course wait for the units to be shiped
- 1,2TH in late november

Both at the same price, lets make a poll to see what people (customers and not customers ) do prefer ?

Edit: just to make it worse, when you should be close to shipping the BJs you post an update of a sierra. Just no words for that  Huh

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
bitly

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 07:23:56 PM

I have two BJ on order. The way HF is dealing with this is unacceptable. I have no background in legal stuff but I'd join in the cost sharing should you figure out a way to bring this to court.

Prologue: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=316945.0

This is a placeholder, just not to have stupid trolls to troll my thread and actions.
Anyway, it looks like that no-one is interested in going on in this but me. Or rather, many are interested, but no-one wants to spend more on the black hole HF probably is.

No problem, i will go ahead alone. If i'm right and after that i paid lawyers by my own you want to join the cause, you will be free to do so.
cedivad (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 09:06:15 PM

I will ask to share the costs only after i have a good feedback from a lawyer and we decide to proceed. I want to hear from him what my real options are.

cedivad (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 05:28:21 PM

Icebreaker, i have to make an international wire before having that answer. Since that i'm not from the USA, it could take a while. A precious while...

Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2013, 06:15:49 PM

Dear cedivad,

Guess what, asshole - it doesn't matter what you're "committed" to, you're legally required to issue refunds to people who want them until you ship the product.

If you deny refunds, you're breaking the law, period. It doesn't matter what you consider "fair" or not.

(Of course, lawsuits take such a long time that it should be pretty easy for you to ship long before a lawsuit winds it way through the courts, unlike the situation with BFL.)

You guys made numerous representations that you expected to ship in October, even though it was pretty obvious that wouldn't happen and then tried to slip in the "by December 31st" guarantee into the fine print without telling anyone.

dopamine

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 06:26:37 PM

What are the chances of 100% bitcoin refund?

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
NetTime

Activity: 253
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 07:00:06 PM

I hope you guys bury these pricks.  They're lining their own pockets by screwing every single one of their customers' chances of ROI, and they will also screw the rest of us already trying to break even on ASIC gear when they finally do ship.
kaerf

Activity: 631

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 05:45:18 AM

Dear cedivad,

HashFast has specifically marketed different prices for different delivery dates. This implies a realization that there will be reduced ROI for later delivery. The lack of a price adjustment/refund for delayed orders is a blatant fleecing of customers. Any statements to the contrary is marketing hand-waving bullshit. The honest path would have been for HashFast to simply admit they need the money to pay for NRE and are unwilling to make a price adjustment or refund...not to pretend Dec 31st is an acceptable delivery date.

less that 90 days
- and still receive MPP protection from us.  No charge, no questions.

HashFast, you need to stop making these kind of statements about looking at ROI in USD. You're making hardware to mine Bitcoins and ROI is measured in BTC, period. You lose credibility every time you make a statement like this...it really sounds like you have no idea what you're talking about.
cedivad (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 09:39:04 PM

My opinion is that HashFast is untrustworthy. They represented something overly optimistic to make more sales, but put their actual expectations into the contract. My advice is to seek your refund per this thread:

http://www.justanswer.com/consumer-protection-law/82mir-made-pre-order-online-product-august-9-2013.html

It is probable that you will only get the dollar amount of the Bitcoins you paid.
Thank you for the link. I will crosspost your quote in my thread if you don't mind.

^^ I've yet to read the link in its whole and it could be only useless ad hoc created content to rank high on google, for what i understood so far. Anyway, i will post it here.

cedivad (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 02:31:04 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2013, 03:04:26 PM by cedivad

As projected, the mid november delivery dateline was only the last lie and as per last announcement, we are now looking at a mid december timeline. That's 15 days before the refund timeline, that was promised to be of the same btc amount of our purchases. We will probably see how much they lied to us on that point too, if they fail to deliver by the end of the year and we will ask for a refund. (and btc will be at 500$).

However, the reason i'm writing this post, is that they openly admitted that they are reciving the silicon from TSMC only on those days. See their last blogpost for more info.

They are, in other words, openly admitting that they lied to us from the beginning, it would have been impossible to ship the first batch of orders at the end of October, if they are receiving the silicon at the firsts days of november (additional time is required to have the chips ready, at least 10 days, 30 in this case).

What i wanted to be able to prove with a court order to show the contract, was openly admitted by them.

They don't even care anymore, they know to be guilty and that we have all the proof needed, but yet, they don't care.

PS: HASHF.AT is a lovely domain name, isn't it?

r3animation

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 02:51:49 PM

As projected, the mid november delivery dateline was only the last lie and as per last announcement, we are now looking at a mid december timeline. That's 15 days before the refund timeline, that was promised to be of the same btc amount of our purchases. We will probably see how much they laid to us on that point too, if they fail to deliver by the end of the year and we will ask for a refund. (and btc will be at 500$).

However, the reason i'm writing this post, is that they openly admitted that they are reciving the silicon from TSMC only on those days. See their last blogpost for more info.

They are, in other words, openly admitting that they laid to us from the beginning, it would have been impossible to ship the first batch of orders at the end of October, if they are receiving the silicon at the firsts days of november (additional time is required to have the chips ready, at least 10 days, 30 in this case).

What i wanted to be able to prove with a court order to show the contract, was openly admitted by them.

They don't even care anymore, they know to be guilty and that we have all the proof needed, but yet, they don't care.

PS: HASHF.AT is a lovely domain name, isn't it?

Just to clarify, it's "lied" to "laid".
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: