Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:25:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Articles about impacts of crypto and blockchain on the poor?  (Read 111 times)
andrewandromeda (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:42:04 PM

A friend at one of the local newspapers asked if I could do a piece on cryptocurrencies. I told her that I would research and maybe do a piece on the socioeconomic impacts of blockchain and cryptocurrencies on the poor. I'm looking articles/blogs/etc. to see what's already been said and what I might be able to add if anything. Any suggestions on such articles? Or maybe even academic papers that might be about the economic impacts cryptocurrencies and blockchain could have on the unbanked, migrants, folks in poverty, seniors on fixed incomes, etc. ?
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:19:10 AM

Blockonomi.com is a solid source for articles on cryptocurrencies, technology and blockchain economy--might be a good place to reference for your piece. As far as the impact on developing nations, the articles below are great reads...

https://www.ccn.com/will-bitcoin-blockchain-build-finance-developing-economies/

https://blockonomi.com/cryptocurrencies-developing-countries/

Feel free to check out our blog as well at http://bit.ly/MintDice for the latest crypto-space news.

Cheers!

fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 03:27:59 AM

Cryotos and bloclchain technology is not some physical infrastructure that is build over some slum, or by destroying a forest, or making people leave their houses. Its an innovative technology based on the internet itself. It realy have no direct effects on the lifestyles of poor as u asked.
While the bloclchain and cryptos have been extensively famous in recent times, a concern over getting rich very quickly has arisen among people. This can be one of the indirect effects on the poors. Those who are completely unaware of the whole thing have not seen any difference. But those who have little knowledge about cryptocurrencies have mistaken it to be a chit-fund scheme that would simply make them rich in a stroke.

This has made many people sell their assets, houses, and many othet possessions just to buy bitcoins, thinking it will bloom tomorow and they will suddenly become millionaires. This must be the immediate but indirect effects of cryptos on such people. Lack of adequate knowledge is to be blamed for this.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
BCSHonda

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 03:48:53 AM

I have never read any articles about the effects of cryptocurrency and blockchain on the poor. If there really are articles writing content like that I will learn and read them. I think that the cryptocurrency and blockchain markets are internet based, smart and effective that will be available to everyone around the world.
Ondongeric18

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

https://i.imgur.com/Wl0rfMA.jpg

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 05:36:55 AM

It would be hard to find such effect not unless you would go down to the level of the poor. The poorest being those who lived in the streets and are homeless are the ones into cryptocurrencies for sure. The ones who are not so poor yet have a hard time earning a good salary and a good job could be a good respondents for this research. So I suggest you should get into the community for a realistic report or survey on this.

▐ ██████ ▌》    SONDER.VISION       《▐ ██████ ▌
HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: