Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:09:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Inquiry about Collateral  (Read 155 times)
darkrise (OP)

Activity: 259
Merit: 10

Crypto Revo

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 12:18:48 AM

Guys I am sorry If this is the wrong place, However I believe its the right area to get my answer from all you active people at the lending sub forums.

I have seen some people offer the accounts on bitcointalk as collateral, Could I get a confirmation if this is considered as a valid collateral?

If so, how is this done, you provide your bitcointalk password and details to the lender?! Will you not be able to access it during the loan period?

Minor justification about this would be highly appreciated, I attempted to get a 0.01 BTC loan here a few days back but my collateral was not valid I believe..

Thanks in advance for your explanation.

Open for Rent

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
condoras
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1103

This is what I do. I drink and I know things.

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:36:27 AM

First of all you should read the stickies of this section (as you should do to any section that you want to make a Thread/Topic).

The Bitcointalk accounts (high ranked ones, below Sr.Member is out of the question) are consider as Valid Collateral, not for their rank though but for their quality.
By quality i'm referring to high activity, good posting, sharing knowledge and help etc. In general to offer something to our Community and spend time here.
This means that they will have something to loose if they Default.

So let's make a check in fastforward mode...
You are a Member, with a recently changed e-mail (?) and a given feedback without a referrence which was in fact deleted from you and then denied from the lender.

You still want to apply for a Loan with "your" Account as Collateral? Roll Eyes

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Hatcher

Activity: 369
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:23:24 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2018, 08:37:39 AM by Hatcher

I have always been curious as to why people accept accounts as collateral. I always figured they were just to motivate borrowers to pay back the loan, since they don't seem like they would be very easy to sell if the borrower defaults.

After all, who's buying accounts?
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 07:48:45 AM

Guys I am sorry If this is the wrong place, However I believe its the right area to get my answer from all you active people at the lending sub forums.

I have seen some people offer the accounts on bitcointalk as collateral, Could I get a confirmation if this is considered as a valid collateral?

If so, how is this done, you provide your bitcointalk password and details to the lender?! Will you not be able to access it during the loan period?

Minor justification about this would be highly appreciated, I attempted to get a 0.01 BTC loan here a few days back but my collateral was not valid I believe..

Thanks in advance for your explanation.

Some lenders would accept bitcointalk accounts as collateral. Mostly if the account is high ranked and is associated with some running business. But its shady according to me - but I may be wrong.

I do not accept accounts on bitcointalk or any other as collateral. What I do accept is altcoins of 120% (or more) of the loan value as a collateral which will be returned completely on repayment and sold/confiscated on default. If you have any altcoins which you would like to pledge as collateral you can contact me.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
darkrise (OP)

Activity: 259
Merit: 10

Crypto Revo

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 05:47:50 AM

First of all you should read the stickies of this section (as you should do to any section that you want to make a Thread/Topic).

The Bitcointalk accounts (high ranked ones, below Sr.Member is out of the question) are consider as Valid Collateral, not for their rank though but for their quality.
By quality i'm referring to high activity, good posting, sharing knowledge and help etc. In general to offer something to our Community and spend time here.
This means that they will have something to loose if they Default.

So let's make a check in fastforward mode...
You are a Member, with a recently changed e-mail (?) and a given feedback without a referrence which was in fact deleted from you and then denied from the lender.

You still want to apply for a Loan with "your" Account as Collateral? Roll Eyes

Thank you for your clear reply, I must admit when you put things that way you make ME scared of ME Smiley

However I do feel obliged that I must share an explanatory on some of the above things you mentioned, such as the recently changed email.

It was connected to my work email which, renagroup@gmail.com, and I was receiving notifications of my posts in that email. Since my work email is shared by me and a few people in our company, I decided it is not good for me when they read notifications about my thread or request of crypto loan, so I changed the email to my private email, which is also the same email I have used to register on every bounty or ICO I have participated in since day 1 of this account.

As for the feedback, I wanted to sell my rebellious tokens from my address 0xc5e8b76fca8ceb3fcf253f7083677b3e92f557ee , and I had no gas money in eth and some dude here lended me that money, till I made the sale and returned it back, thus I left him a positive feedback (I am not experienced or clarified on the policy of the reference system, or the feedback system itself). So my feedback was based on the good gesture he offered me, which is all also documented on bitcointalk.

as per the final statement that included this link "https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2251390.140". I still do not understand my association with it? excuse me If I missed something its early on a sunday morning Smiley

To finalize this, no I would not be looking for a loan and putting my account as a collateral, or even risking requesting a loan anymore after seeing some people get negative rate by simply requesting, I am a bounty hunter and if I get a negative feedback, it is a major loss for me.

So all in all, I would stay away from the lending high risk sub-forums Tongue

oh one last thing, I believe I was really close to getting senior member, right before that merit system popped up and pushed me miles back!

Once again thank you for your post and explanation, don't worry about exposing my personal details I am clear as ice and my social media can be found in many bounty threads that I joined, besides, I am fully secured hopefully.

Open for Rent
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: