Bitcoin Forum
September 22, 2018, 09:52:32 PM *
News: ♦♦ New info! Bitcoin Core users absolutely must upgrade to previously-announced 0.16.3 [Torrent]. All Bitcoin users should temporarily trust confirmations slightly less. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does CoinMarketCap (CMC) manipulates the market?  (Read 197 times)
vintages

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:55:08 PM

Well, I never believed it till I saw a YouTube video about it. Its really unfortunate for CoinMarketCap to be involved in this mess because most people have really trusted them. I sometimes believe that the market may have been manipulated but my least expectations was for it to be them. Well, its becoming more convincing that we can't trust much market sites when dealing with cryptos.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Thanasis

Activity: 1346
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:22:36 AM

Fraudulent data provided on CoinMarketCap distorts entire crypto-currency market perception

https://medium.com/@coinmarketcapped/intro-how-coinmarketcap-cmc-manipulates-the-market-by-showing-fraudulent-information-to-the-c1246a953144

https://medium.com/@coinmarketcapped/part-a1-fraudulent-data-provided-on-coinmarketcap-distorts-entire-crypto-currency-market-77e01f067b49

i think this is worth reading. especially because of this:

Most people here are concerned about centralised mining cartels, hardware producers, banks, governments, regulators and/or core developers being points of issues in this industry. We strongly believe that none of those come even close to comparing to the obvious fraud that has been going on at CoinMarketCap for many years.

i appreciate the work they have done by writing these posts.

So never trust anyone blindly do your own research to keep our hard earned money to be worthful.But I saw an alternative to CMC fewdays before but I forgot to bookmark it now I have to search my histories now to find the name of the site.But it was really very good alternative to CMC and real time price updating no refresh is needed.I will place the link once I found it.Hopefully soon. Smiley
Hey guys I found that site,it was named as World Coin Index.

It looks really very good site with real time price update and also the indicators available for price bump and dump so it maybe a good alternative for the CMC,so guys use it here after.

▄▄███████████▄▄
     ▄██▀▀           ▀▀██▄
   ▄█▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀█▄
  █▀  ▄███████▌ █▌ █████▄  ▀█
 █▀  ██  ██         ▀█████  ▀█
▐█  ██▀▀█████   ▄▄▄   █████  █▌
█▌ ▐██▄▄████▌  ████   █████▌ ▐█
█  ███  ████        ▄███████  █
█▌ ▐█▀▀████▌   ▄▄▄  ▀██████▌ ▐█
▐█  █▄▄████   ████   ▐█████  █▌
 █▄  ████           ▄█████  ▄█
  █▄  ▀████  ███  ██████▀  ▄█
   ▀█▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄█▀
     ▀██▄▄           ▄▄██▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀
bitcore.
...The Future Is Now...
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

██
██████
        ██
        ██████
        ██
██████
        ██
        ██████
        ██
██████
                 ▄▄██
 ▄██████████████████████▄
█▀         ▄▄██▀▀   ██  ▀█
█▄     ▄▄██▀▀        ██  █
█▀█████████████████████████▄
█                          ▀█
█                           █
█              ▄████▄       █
█             ██▀  ▀██      █
█            ▐█▌    ▐████████
█             ██▄  ▄██      █
█              ▀████▀       █
█                           █
█▄                         ▄█
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
iOs
Android

██
        ██████
        ██
██████
        ██
        ██████
        ██
██████
        ██
        ██████

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███       ▄███    ███
▐██       █████     ██▌
██▌       ███       ▐██
██▌     ███████     ▐██
▐██       ███       ██▌
 ███      ███      ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███         ▄▄█▌  ███
▐██      ▄▄█████    ██▌
██▌   ▄████████     ▐██
██▌  ▐████████      ▐██
▐██    ▀▀████       ██▌
 ███     ▀██       ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
Website
ANN
Block Explorer
Seetheummerallyeah

Activity: 210
Merit: 39

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:32:33 AM

If a single website used simply for displaying information has the ability to manipulate a market worth billions of dollars, I would argue something is wrong with the community rather than the website. Remember when CoinMarketCap removed Korean exchanges from their site leading to a crash in prices? It says a lot about crypto "investors" when they are so easily manipulated by one change on CMC.

I'm sure CMC manipulates the market in some way, unintentional or intentional. In fact every site has the ability to manipulate people (CMC "manipulation" is simply more noticeable because they have the vast majority of visitors). If you want to stop it the best way to simply use alternatives. There are many similar (and arguably better) websites out there, including but not limited to:

GoldenLad

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:41:24 PM

Well, I haven't used any site expect CoinMarketCap and it was indeed heart breaking when I first saw the video and news. Nevertheless, in some way, i still believe it could be a bug that might have caused those price difference error. Even after the news, I still use and visit it. Since they haven't released any statement about this incident, I just want to believe it was unintentional.
yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:42:38 AM

I have seen some bad comments about coinmarketcap, and I think coinmarketcap is getting obsolete, there was a time that in the side of "bitcoin (BTc) there was an image of lamborghini,  maybe it was a kind of joke or something else but it was unnecessary, I am now used to check cryptos in worldcoinindex, a good site and price between " CMC" and WCI" has a difference I think worldcoinindex is much better but i'm not promoting it I just experience the quality.

solarion

Activity: 826
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:15:28 AM

I have seen some bad comments about coinmarketcap, and I think coinmarketcap is getting obsolete, there was a time that in the side of "bitcoin (BTc) there was an image of lamborghini,  maybe it was a kind of joke or something else but it was unnecessary, I am now used to check cryptos in worldcoinindex, a good site and price between " CMC" and WCI" has a difference I think worldcoinindex is much better but i'm not promoting it I just experience the quality.

Top rated website are does not need the promotion at all mate. I see the people checking the market place and circulation mostly on CoinMarketCap website. Next to this you may check the Coingecko website which can be do the same thing there mate.
I do not think CMC here to manipulate the value or something. It shows the same value where we see in other analysis website as well.
I am not much familier with the Worldcoinindex website so I cannot give review about them.

▄▄███████████▄▄
     ▄██▀▀           ▀▀██▄
   ▄█▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀█▄
  █▀  ▄███████▌ █▌ █████▄  ▀█
 █▀  ██  ██         ▀█████  ▀█
▐█  ██▀▀█████   ▄▄▄   █████  █▌
█▌ ▐██▄▄████▌  ████   █████▌ ▐█
█  ███  ████        ▄███████  █
█▌ ▐█▀▀████▌   ▄▄▄  ▀██████▌ ▐█
▐█  █▄▄████   ████   ▐█████  █▌
 █▄  ████           ▄█████  ▄█
  █▄  ▀████  ███  ██████▀  ▄█
   ▀█▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄█▀
     ▀██▄▄           ▄▄██▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀
bitcore.
...The Future Is Now...
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

██
██████
        ██
        ██████
        ██
██████
        ██
        ██████
        ██
██████
                 ▄▄██
 ▄██████████████████████▄
█▀         ▄▄██▀▀   ██  ▀█
█▄     ▄▄██▀▀        ██  █
█▀█████████████████████████▄
█                          ▀█
█                           █
█              ▄████▄       █
█             ██▀  ▀██      █
█            ▐█▌    ▐████████
█             ██▄  ▄██      █
█              ▀████▀       █
█                           █
█▄                         ▄█
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
iOs
Android

██
        ██████
        ██
██████
        ██
        ██████
        ██
██████
        ██
        ██████

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███       ▄███    ███
▐██       █████     ██▌
██▌       ███       ▐██
██▌     ███████     ▐██
▐██       ███       ██▌
 ███      ███      ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███         ▄▄█▌  ███
▐██      ▄▄█████    ██▌
██▌   ▄████████     ▐██
██▌  ▐████████      ▐██
▐██    ▀▀████       ██▌
 ███     ▀██       ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
Website
ANN
Block Explorer
semobo

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:12:33 PM

Well, I haven't used any site expect CoinMarketCap and it was indeed heart breaking when I first saw the video and news. Nevertheless, in some way, i still believe it could be a bug that might have caused those price difference error. Even after the news, I still use and visit it. Since they haven't released any statement about this incident, I just want to believe it was unintentional.
But it is not a good idea to just follow only one site for following the price,who kniws CMC owned by a whake he can change the prices to manipulate the market so it will be better to have some alternatives while checking the details about cryotocurrency.The above oost of yours contains some alternatives options for CMC so you can visit them and bookmark them for future usage.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.