Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:23:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you Invest in Great ICOs but Anonymous Team?  (Read 422 times)
scrototeabaggins

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:25:33 PM

It was interesting that Bitcoin was an initial digital money and its founders were unknown and anonymous. I want to know the identity of the people who collect money in today's ICOs, i do not trust the ICOs that the anonymous business is organizing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
uwr

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 04:25:58 PM

Obviously, the term “Great ICO” is subjective, but let’s say that ICO has an excellent concept and product. They even have steady and growing stream of profit and revenue (and can be verified.) They also have big names and notable investors and experts supporting the project. However, the catch is that they are anonymous like the founder of Bitcoin. None in the public would be able to meet or see any of the team members. Would you still invest in this kind of ICO?

The only situation where team can be anonymous is - if its an ICO in political field like UNIFY World Revolution ICO, where team members can easilly get assassinated in case of success of revolution.

In other cases its pretty weird for ICO to hide their identities
XCANA

Activity: 1456
Merit: 148

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:30:21 PM

I don't see anything great in anonymous ICO for me to invest my money no matter how great the ICO may look like to you or any other person and they are great project there is no point for them to hide there identity from the public.

SirgulioB

Activity: 477
Merit: 102

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:34:50 PM

Obviously, the term “Great ICO” is subjective, but let’s say that ICO has an excellent concept and product. They even have steady and growing stream of profit and revenue (and can be verified.) They also have big names and notable investors and experts supporting the project. However, the catch is that they are anonymous like the founder of Bitcoin. None in the public would be able to meet or see any of the team members. Would you still invest in this kind of ICO?
Investing in such a project is an obvious risk. But if he promises a huge profit and is really great, then you can take a chance. I would invest in such a project the amount that I can afford to lose myself. It's kind of a venture investment.

══════════════[ LYRA ] | Loyalty Rewards on Blockchain | [ LYRA ]══════════════
┌[ Social Media ]──▸───▸───▸───▸───▸───▸// ◈ BitcointalkTelegramTwitterLinkedIn // ┐
└ \\ ✓Customizable tokens  ✓NFTDeFiDEX  ✓Revenue share \\◂───◂───◂─── [ Main Features ] ┘
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:36:55 PM

Remember some termed Great ICO which possess the said qualities, ratings, support and they even have a decent team but in the latter part of they scammed people well that's the risk of going for an ICO without a proper digging to their projects and the products which are under development, it will always depend on the proper reasoning as to why they need to hide their own faces for their ICO, due to the growing fraud ICO numbers they need to guarantee the integrity of their project and the assurance cause they will need a full trust from their investors to succeed.
StarKay

Activity: 756
Merit: 16

We All Can Make It

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:51:18 PM

It is a No for me, In today's world Anonymous can be synonymous with Scam and I don't want to expose myself to that.
If the project is that good, it will make it to the exchange where I can get it.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
carnitastaco

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:53:59 PM

You're laughing, you're just offering to give money. Anonymous team never breaks anything, even if it wants to. Because they do not have the experience and skills
cryptopan

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:58:43 PM

Thats a redflag already,stay away or you will lose your money,these scam ICOs wont be using their own identities that is why most of the people are going to be scammed,why are they hiding if they wont do shady things? theres no reason why would they be anonymous if they are legit ICOs they will use their own profiles and identity,purely a scam!

__ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▇ █  TRADELIZE  █ ▇ ▅ ▃ ▂ __
█≣≣≣ICO Starts :April 17,2018≣≣≣█▃Your laser sword in Cryptocurrency Trading ▃█≣≣≣   whitepaper   ≣≣≣█         
≣     Onepager     ≣     ANN Thread     ≣     Facebook     ≣     Telegram     ≣     Twitter     ≣
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:05:07 PM

Of course you will have a doubt if the founder is anonymous. However, people are always after the profit, so I really think it doesn't matter if people behind it is anonymous. Just take a look at bitcoin as you have said, a lot of people are trusting bitcoin even though Satoshi is still anonymous. If you mean it is really profitable, just take the risk and earn profit from it.
Bitcoin is different from the rest of new tokens created, so you should consider changing your question instead. Without Bitcoin in the first there would be no ICO as of now existing and besides this is the future now when Satoshi started to create Bitcoin without asking for investors funds. Satoshi did manage to create his own coins and let everyone use it for their own free will without asking some fees.

cryptodagger

Activity: 224

Stable coin to make charity free for everyone

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:05:39 PM

Thats stupidity,you know legit ICOs are always in public,team are legit and real people and those people who arent using their own identity would be a pure scam,you are going to lose your investment in an instant if these people have gain much money in their ICO.Theres no one to be scared of if the project is legit but do you think why these people arent using real identity? because they will scam people.

mautenisis

Activity: 274

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:10:54 PM

No,thats purely a scam think of it why would anyone from the team is anonymous ? if they arent going to steal investor's money there is no reason to hide their identities,because if they are legit people they shouldnt be afraid of their identities especially when doing their ICOs because investors always want to know whos behind these ICOs you should stay away or get scammed.

NOIZ
⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ○ ○ ○
setifien19

Activity: 472
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:13:15 PM

Never , ( and I see a misunderstanding here ; great ICO with anonymous team Huh)
Anyway ; a great ICO has a couple of criteria , among others, the team ( which ought to be an association of high qualified members who have -relatively- attractive profiles & they must own considerable crypto knowledge that lets them manage correctly the project)
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:21:14 PM

No but most people actually do it, how can even you be sure that team is okay? If few linkedin and twitter pages you check, everyone can do it.
modtakels

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:26:40 PM

Of course  i wont risk my money because why do they are hiding their identity if they are legit people ? they should be in public as always real and legit people wont scam investors,shady businesses are still there but to lessen the risk we need to know who are behind the project and their credibility because great product and vision isnt enough when people behind it are anonymous!

sammyp

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:27:33 PM

I will definitely invest especially if the project is already having a product. After all how many of us do check about teams before we invest? What I need is results (I mean profit) so if the project can provide me that, then I should worry less about team.

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
Pet240

Activity: 486
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:28:55 PM

That is what i will not want to risk at this time, most especially when we now that have scam ICOs getting more. I would prefer to invest in a team with this good qualities and one that i can meet their team whenever i want to. Unlike back in the days when we have lots of legit ICOs that can be trusted.
Now imagine a situation where you have an ICO with a team that can be seen and that one can relate with, but yet failed and now you have an ICO with an anonymous team. Even some scam ICOs have good laid down process,everything well planned and it all looks legit.
Skroojee

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:32:43 PM

I think that such a project can be invested, but there is one catch that is as follows - what will happen if the team of anonymous creators want to take all the money and dump? If there is a protection against this kind of action - then you can participate. If such protection no one bothered, then it is not worth the risk.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
hiwainmoto

Unibright Token Launch - 10th April 2018

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:36:05 PM

Thats purely stupidity if you will invest into something that has already redflag! ICO team members shouldnt be anonymous because people wont invest to them if they are hiding their real identities,thats basic you shouldnt be investing to someone anonymous because it will just going to steal your investments for sure !

supelle.born

Activity: 286
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:40:21 PM

I would not trust an ICO in which its leaders are anonymous and do not want to appear. Who will you go to if you do not know who is behind it?
cryptomarijuana

Create Your Decentralized Life

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:44:25 PM

RED FLAG? its a no,come to think of it, why would they hide themselves if they arent going to scam people? hide from whom? from the feds or authorities if they have stolen millions of dollars ! One good reason why not to invest if you have seen someone that is not in public in their team member. BTW who will invest to someone who are anonymous? NO ONE.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: