Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:13:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are people abusing the posting system with bots for bounties?  (Read 105 times)
MeSoCorny (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:18:40 PM

Not trying to be a dick here. I was perusing the Alt Coin Announcements board on 2 different threads. One thread had a somewhat interesting concept I wanted to look into further, but I wanted to see some Q&A between the community here and their Devs. At that point there were 65 pages. I started to read the posts hoping to find some genuine questions to make sure the Devs of the alt coin knew wtf they were doing as their White Papers were somewhat vague with no road map. Well by the 15th page I gave up because every single post was nothing but "Great job!", "Great idea!", "Joined Airdrop!", " [Sic] The idea is platform good!", and so on. Even saw one person say "Great roadmap!" where none existed.

I finally went back and checked the OP posts to see he only had 2 post so probably didn't answer any questions at all, if any of the non-bot posts asked any.

I honestly wouldn't even bring this issue up, but I am sitting on Ethereum right now so I'm always looking for a new coin with a great/ unique concept, but it makes it a bit ridiculous and very time consuming to have to comb through hundreds of posts of zero value to find Q&A. If you want to look through a wide variety of the alt coins this would make it somewhat impossible.

I have a feeling it may be 1 of 2 things...

1) Bots paid for by Alt Coins through 3rd party marketing firms to hype their coins with Buzz here by keeping them at the top of the posts queue.

2) People using alt coin announcements to up one (or many) accounts post counts for rank to get higher bounties for signature bounties.

Am I off or out of line here? I just want to be able to investigate new ICO's or alt coin announcements in a more efficient way to find a good investment. One guy suggested a scraping tool, but wish there was a better way.

“What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.”
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:25:58 PM

You have people that will pay you to bump their theards, I was approached with them tho and their payment that they offer is low compared what you are risking the ban if mods finds out what you are doing. Many use this as it is somewhat good marketing when people browse through forum and end up with their ANN because it is talked a lot.

Other thing is if you noticed when you are reading some posts some are basic and generic and for this merit system was introduced, hopefully in future only good posts will stay because sometimes it is just pain to read every post as you state to try to find valuble information.

The only way is to report spammers as I do not belive there anything much we can do about it.
Tunaite

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 04:52:35 PM

Some bounties ask for positive posts in threads or telegram chats.

It is very noticable for normal people so I don't know why would ICO teams ask for this. It only hurts reputation as far as I can see.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: