Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:50:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BEWARE! Binance suspended Deposit of STEEM [Problem solved]  (Read 373 times)
EugeneReigns (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

Express Gratitude With Merit

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:48:31 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2018, 03:17:46 PM by EugeneReigns

Hello to everybody!

I would like to warn everybody involved in Steemit activities about the issues Binance is having with STEEM, in order not to get in the similar to my situation.

Yesterday I decided to send my STEEM to Binance account in order to sell it and withdraw my earnings. I always use this exchange `cause I trust it. But depositing STEEM was my first experience, and it turned out to be the worst. Although I have an account on Poloniex, I was afraid to transfer my funds there because we all know existing issues of this cryptocurrency exchange. I needed to withdraw my funds fast, so I decided to use my favorite and reliable exchange - Binance.

I did everything right. I found my Deposit Address and Deposit Memo in my Binance wallet, returned to Steemit and sent my funds in the right direction. Of course, I knew that transferring STEEM to external exchange is made manually and would take some time. That's why I patiently waited.

I'd waited for almost 3-4 hours but my STEEM still didn't appear on my Binance account. I kept waiting patiently. And what do I find after 5 hours of expectation? I enter my Binance account and amazedly see that the option of STEEM deposit is unavailable, and the system notifies "Wallet Maintenance. Deposit suspend". And this news got me pretty nervous because such issues take a long time to be solved. If we take a look at HitBTC, after suspension of STEEM deposit and withdrawal, they never renewed it.

The most irritating thing for me is that I transferred my funds long before the deposit was suspended. And also that Binance doesn't notify its clients of such suspension in advance. Moreover, they don't even include the information about it in their news section.

After 10 hours of expectation, I wrote a letter to Binance support and received an answer soon that they are aware of this issue and are already working on its fixing as soon as possible. But who knows what that means. For them "soon" can be even a month. And for me, it is not even clear whether I'll receive my deposited funds or will never see it again.

Thus, I would like to warn all the Steemians and those, who hold STEEM and want to exchange it on Binance, to be very careful sending their STEEM to this exchange and refuse to do it while the issue is solved.

Hope, this information helps somebody to protect his assets. Be safe!

Quick update: Today, 27 March 2018, the STEEM wallets were restored. My deposit was credited to my account immediately. Feel free to use your STEEM wallets, the issue is fixed.

UCHAIN
The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network: Blockchain for the Sharing Economy
https://uchain.world/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Imfinnabeon

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

Decentralize The $15-Trillion Global Trade Industr

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:51:56 PM

That is extremely unlucky, especially because you checked the wallet beforehand. Most people who have that problem did not check wallet prior. Every exchange is very backed up and I am sure they will process you soon as they can, even though "soon" for them is different than what it means to us. As for your coins, I would wait a few weeks before panicking I have seen big time wallets in maintenance mode for over 1 month.

Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:02:18 PM

I advise you to remain calm. This happens a lot. Especially on the exchanges where a lot of coins. I have a week no access dcr wallet on Bittrex. Wallet, too, was on great need of repair. But after that, everything opened and works. Binance is a reliable exchange. Now they want to make access to Fiat and they don't need scandals.
EugeneReigns (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:03:36 PM
Merited by nydiacaskey01 (1)

That is extremely unlucky, especially because you checked the wallet beforehand. Most people who have that problem did not check wallet prior. Every exchange is very backed up and I am sure they will process you soon as they can, even though "soon" for them is different than what it means to us. As for your coins, I would wait a few weeks before panicking I have seen big time wallets in maintenance mode for over 1 month.

Yeah, the thing is that I checked the deposit wallet multiple times before it was suspended and it was OK. But the funds still didn't come to my account.
I just know the similar situation when other exchanges suspended STEEM wallet a couple of months ago and didn't reopen it till now. The thing is that I needed that money urgently, that's why I used Binance to exchange and withdraw considering that it is working smooth and fast. And the most irritating thing is that Binance doesn't warn its customers before suspending wallets, not a single word was said in the news and announcement section.

But the reason I am sharing this info is that people on Steemit still go on sending deposits on Binance. And I would like to warn everybody to refrain from it while the problem is fixed, in order not to lose funds for an indeterminate time.

UCHAIN
The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network: Blockchain for the Sharing Economy
EugeneReigns (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:06:56 PM

I advise you to remain calm. This happens a lot. Especially on the exchanges where a lot of coins. I have a week no access dcr wallet on Bittrex. Wallet, too, was on great need of repair. But after that, everything opened and works. Binance is a reliable exchange. Now they want to make access to Fiat and they don't need scandals.

Thanks for your support!
It's just worrying when your assets neither there, nor here. And I needed to exchange it urgently but now I have to wait, who knows how much time.

UCHAIN
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:10:56 PM

One thing I understand your situation was you just deposit in the wrong timing. The time you deposit is where steemit deposit process has starting to have a problem. You are just impatient. Of course binance will immediately notify all user once detect the problem but not all the time that they can detect it instantly and notify everyone in an instant. Try to understand that they are not bot. They already answered your support ticket that your fund is safe so why you still post this kind of topic. Try to go on Cryptopia ANN thread and you will see that waiting a 24hrs is nothing compared to that site and other exchange. Binance is the best exchange ATM.

ZaoXhou

Activity: 467
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:11:40 PM

Binance adds too many shitcoins so they are always busy, give it some time.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:12:07 PM

Yeah, the thing is that I checked the deposit wallet multiple times before it was suspended and it was OK. But the funds still didn't come to my account.
I just know the similar situation when other exchanges suspended STEEM wallet a couple of months ago and didn't reopen it till now. The thing is that I needed that money urgently, that's why I used Binance to exchange and withdraw considering that it is working smooth and fast. And the most irritating thing is that Binance doesn't warn its customers before suspending wallets, not a single word was said in the news and announcement section.

But the reason I am sharing this info is that people on Steemit still go on sending deposits on Binance. And I would like to warn everybody to refrain from it while the problem is fixed, in order not to lose funds for an indeterminate time.
Thanks for the heads up bud. Maintenance happens from time to time and there times that their planned maintenance don't go well as planned example is it should be a 24 hour maintenance only but lasted for 3 or more days. It's just unfortunate that when the time that you decided to send your STEEM to Binance they have an unplanned maintenance. I don't think will do this deliberately as it will hurt their integrity. What happened to you is a very rare coincidence. Hope you receive your STEEM deposit soon.
arienna23

Activity: 221
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:23:22 PM

I read about it too. Earlier, I thought only withdrawals are suspended and deposits are working fine. I am not sure now. But I trust Binance and I know they will fix this issue soon.
EugeneReigns (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:31:31 PM

One thing I understand your situation was you just deposit in the wrong timing. The time you deposit is where steemit deposit process has starting to have a problem. You are just impatient. Of course binance will immediately notify all user once detect the problem but not all the time that they can detect it instantly and notify everyone in an instant. Try to understand that they are not bot. They already answered your support ticket that your fund is safe so why you still post this kind of topic. Try to go on Cryptopia ANN thread and you will see that waiting a 24hrs is nothing compared to that site and other exchange. Binance is the best exchange ATM.

Why am I posting it? Because I see that a lot of people, probably not knowing, that the deposit option is suspended (because Binance didn't notify anybody on their announcements section), continue sending deposits. And maybe somebody needs that money urgently, as I did. So, I want to warn them, so nobody could lose their money in the air.

If you know how deposits are made on Steemit, you should know that it differs from the other crypto transactions. You should send your STEEM to an account (deepcrypto8) and he does the rest. Don't actually know what he's doing next, but I followed how he sent my assets with the assets of other users somewhere else before the deposit option was suspended. It lasted 5 hours from my deposit to the moment when the deposit option was blocked. They had more than enough time to transfer my STEEM to my Binance account.

I am also a fan of Binance and support it. But I think they should at least warn people of such things beforehand, as they usually do.

UCHAIN
EugeneReigns (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:36:41 PM

I read about it too. Earlier, I thought only withdrawals are suspended and deposits are working fine. I am not sure now. But I trust Binance and I know they will fix this issue soon.

Vice-versa. The withdrawals are fine, only deposit option is suspended.

UCHAIN
EugeneReigns (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:39:10 PM

Binance is always subject to plenty of FUD, an sometimes is true because such a large exchange and one of the most active ones needs to have growing pains.

Yes, you are right. It would be just more convenient if they notified of such actions in advance like they usually do in their announcement thread.

UCHAIN
EugeneReigns (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:44:02 PM

Thanks for the heads up bud. Maintenance happens from time to time and there times that their planned maintenance don't go well as planned example is it should be a 24 hour maintenance only but lasted for 3 or more days. It's just unfortunate that when the time that you decided to send your STEEM to Binance they have an unplanned maintenance. I don't think will do this deliberately as it will hurt their integrity. What happened to you is a very rare coincidence. Hope you receive your STEEM deposit soon.

Thanks for your support.
I also understand that it is just a coincidence. Can happen to everybody.
I just wanted to warn people like me who intend to withdraw their assets fast through Binance. As I see the majority of Steemians continue sending their STEEM to deposit on Binance. And they can get in the same trap as I did. But nobody writes about this issue.

UCHAIN
EugeneReigns (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:33:27 PM

Important Update: It looks like it is not Binance's issue because Poloniex also suspended deposit and withdrawal of STEEM. Looks like it is Steemit's issue. Unfortunately, they also don't give any explanations on ongoing problem.

Refrain from sending your STEEM to external exchanges, while the issue is not solved!

UCHAIN
nakamote

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:47:10 PM

Sorry to hear that,this is why i switched back to bittrex because binance is getting more shit nowadays these inssues started when they were hacked but they couldnt admit it imstead they have the bots the main reason why these hacker got into the accounts of most of the people they very unprofessional with that kind of an attitute i suggest using bittrex as they dont have bad reputation in the past.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
EugeneReigns (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:17:19 PM

Sorry to hear that,this is why i switched back to bittrex because binance is getting more shit nowadays these inssues started when they were hacked but they couldnt admit it imstead they have the bots the main reason why these hacker got into the accounts of most of the people they very unprofessional with that kind of an attitute i suggest using bittrex as they dont have bad reputation in the past.

It looks like it is not Binance's fault at all. Poloniex also suspended deposit/withdrawal of STEEM. It looks like it is Steem's issues. If you have access to Bittrex, can you check whether the desposit/withdrawal of STEEM is available there?

UCHAIN
cryptobobo

Activity: 210

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:23:19 PM

You should have patience,sometimes binance and other exchanges has some issues with their user's account especially when the exchanges has a lot of users,it isnt easy to support most of the issues in no time so you need to be patiently waiting because its either theres something wrong with binance or its just you have some issue,i have been using binance for a while and i can say it has the best support compare to others.

EugeneReigns (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:59:15 PM

You should have patience,sometimes binance and other exchanges has some issues with their user's account especially when the exchanges has a lot of users,it isnt easy to support most of the issues in no time so you need to be patiently waiting because its either theres something wrong with binance or its just you have some issue,i have been using binance for a while and i can say it has the best support compare to others.

Yeah... What else I have to do? I will wait. Moreover, I found out that it is not Binance's issue, Poloniex has the same. Seems like its an issue of steemit and its wallets.

UCHAIN
johnyespapa

Activity: 257
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:04:29 PM

I dont think its the binance's fault,it looks like STEEM has some system issues today,because i am holding it into bittrex and it seems i cannot receive or send any of my coins,you should contact binance too and i will contact bittrex for us to be sure what is going on.It might be a wallet problem or theres something really happen but be patient.

matsusomoto

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:09:18 PM

We have the same issues,i contact binance already and waiting for their response,its morelikey with the steem's wallet that is why deposit was disabled or suspended,lets tem them fix did you try to contact steem about this ? they might have a good answer but lets just be patient so that we wont stressed ourselves too much.

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: