Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:47:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody know what happens when Bitcoin hits 21M circulating supply?  (Read 612 times)
Gudcrypto

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:08:28 PM

If you know what I mean Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
weblouartisan

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:27:53 PM

Hi guys! So, yeah, as you must know already, all crypto has a finite supply meaning its not going to be mineable forever I guess, but what actually happens when bitcoin hits 21 million max besides it not being mineable anymore? Does this increase the value quicker? Let me know if you know, i dont know the answer and would love to hear what you have to say

It only means that the market price will keep on increasing even more because there will be a shortage in mining so the price will obviously increase even more due to a huge demand in the market.

shaadsufi

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 10:26:53 AM

Bitcoin may be able to bit 21 million coins by the end of 2 years and the reason for this is that there is a lot of demand for bitcoin in the market which is increasing with time the rule for bitcoin is that the demand and the supply must be proportional for it to function and so the demand indicates this
Portia12

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

ADAB ICO

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 01:56:51 PM

Hi guys! So, yeah, as you must know already, all crypto has a finite supply meaning its not going to be mineable forever I guess, but what actually happens when bitcoin hits 21 million max besides it not being mineable anymore? Does this increase the value quicker? Let me know if you know, i dont know the answer and would love to hear what you have to say

Obviously the price will keep on increasing because there will be a shortage and yearly the minimum value will keep on incrementing which makes the price to become even more expensive.

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:23:44 PM

For sure price will increase and the value will go bigger quickly,but i doubt we are going to experience this in our time.because the more bitcoin mined the slower this can get so meaning when we reach the 20 million bitcoin then this mining will take much longer time to mined again
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 03:26:26 PM

It only means that the market price will keep on increasing even more because there will be a shortage in mining so the price will obviously increase even more due to a huge demand in the market.

Most likely,that would be the scenario. Transaction fee would increase too, and miners would rely solely on this for payment for their services.Bitcoin would be expensive on that time and theres a chance for ther cryptocurrency to shine as an alternative too.

Open for Campaigns
bristlefront

Activity: 225
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 05:01:44 PM

If all bitcoins have been mined then its price will be incredibly high because with its low number of maximum supply it is still in-demand due to its features.

Cult

Activity: 479

Enter the future of gaming

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 05:50:03 PM

I suppose hitting 21M will be followed by a surge in bitcoin's price as such a huge event will be on of the biggest newsmakers and therefore will attract more people to the sphere and conequently increase the demand.

RedCatMetaverse   
    ●  Play Learn and Earn blockchain game  ●   
Instagram  ◣ Discord  ◣Twitter  ◣Reddit
Dowrich80

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 05:31:34 PM

The servers to mine cryptocurrency  are rapidly increasing over in China and in Asia which means that bitcoin supply is increasing at an alarming rate with time compared to the past so it is predicted that bitcoin will hit 21 million coins by the end on 3 to 5 years which is a relatively accurate estimate
BestSSS

Activity: 434
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2018, 07:17:49 PM

To date, 17 174 637 BTC has been produced. This is a huge amount and every year to produce bitcoins at the mine will become more difficult and its price will increase. But the increase in price will not be relative to the speed of production of blocks. The increase is gradual with UPS and downs as all markets live.

♛New CA$H Exchange (https://newc.com.br)♛
✪An Innovative Cryptocurrency Platform✪
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 08:02:25 PM

Bitcoin may be able to bit 21 million coins by the end of 2 years and the reason for this is that there is a lot of demand for bitcoin in the market which is increasing with time the rule for bitcoin is that the demand and the supply must be proportional for it to function and so the demand indicates this

Are you mad? It won't happen in 2 years! It's estimated that we'll rich 21 million in 2140. MAny people think that since we mined 17 million in 8 years it's going to be downhill from here. The truth is totally different as we are mining less and less every year and the closer to the end the less coins will be mined every year, mainly due to halvings.
What will happen? Most likely there will be other cryptos because I don't believe that BTC will be able to survive another 120 years with outdated sha 256. 

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
mybtcasset

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 11:17:28 PM

it will take around 100 years or more to complete the circulating supply so by that time bitcoin price will touch more than a million
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3208

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:11:08 AM

The servers to mine cryptocurrency  are rapidly increasing over in China and in Asia which means that bitcoin supply is increasing at an alarming rate with time compared to the past so it is predicted that bitcoin will hit 21 million coins by the end on 3 to 5 years which is a relatively accurate estimate

Your statement is completely false. Please read this: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Controlled_supply

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
yohan09

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:03:33 AM

After all the coins are mined, the miners will stop getting block reward and will only get transaction fee's. But the increase in demand  will also increased the price of Bitcoin that must be sufficient for the miners to to continue validating transactions and adding blocks, there can be few miners that will leave the network reason being the high demand of energy in mining.
jeronimosuykens

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 01:03:27 PM

You can check this link if you want though but then again that 21 m i think its more a hoax , many experts say it but despite the different conclusion still long live bitcoin.

Link: https://www.investopedia.com/news/what-happens-bitcoin-after-all-21-million-are-mined/
The information is quite useful no matter how fluctuating it is, the more stable it is. In this market it is difficult to predict the market up or down. But one thing that does not change is that it will be sesame and stable forever. The future is stronger and more developed.
JohnWick_Bitcoin

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 01:12:28 PM

I believe that the price will increase because there will be a shortage in terms of volume of the market so the price will keep on increasing even more if majority of the people will prefer to invest.
brightMan

Activity: 82
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:29:56 AM

but whatever happens, this supply never goes out of the number. Officially, bitcoin is just about twenty one lac in this world. No more bitcoin is ever developed. This number is revolving around the word and the prices are getting influence from this number. But now, as you are saying, I am really shocked but happy as well that number might be increasing with time, coping up needs of everyone.
inashed

Activity: 89
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 01:05:41 AM

Money Supply
While the number of bitcoins in existence will never exceed slightly less than 21 million, the money supply of bitcoins can exceed 21 million due to Fractional-reserve banking.

If thats can happen whats the point of 21 million coins limit, halving and etc...?
cosmofly

Activity: 532

PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 05:41:22 AM

It will still be POW but miners will only receive the fees involved instead of coins additionally. In theory if nothing changes demand ways then the price should increase because there's less downward pressure on the price by miners selling their coins. Of course we'll all be dead by then anyway.
Are we going to die? You are thinking too negatively. It is like gold, when the gold has been dug out what happens? While demand is still high, prices will inevitably be pushed up and whales take advantage of that to manipulate the market normally. Bitcoin still has value and of course we will survive, markets will continue to go up and nothing will end.

tbterryboy

Activity: 1918
Merit: 322

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 06:30:01 PM

The real scary part is, if the miners do not sell their coins, technically speaking someone can have all the bitcoin in the world. Think about it, let's say you are a miner, you can pay the bills and the costs from your pocket, after the 21 million is over and there is no more new bitcoins, that means the only thing you are mining for is the fee's right?

Well, when you keep going for that fee, you are taking other people's money and not new bitcoins, if you do not sell them, eventually you can have ALL of them as well. Obviously it is not possible with the time table and how it would take longer than one life time to be able to do that, but I really dislike the fact that it is technically possible for something like that to happen, it should have been covered over with a protection for something like that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: