Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:28:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Short selling Bitcoin  (Read 353 times)
tenu

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 08:12:44 PM

Exchanges geared towards crypto traders offer short support as a matter of course, and some allow for leveraged shorting too. These exchanges include:
1.Bitfinex
2.GDAX
3.KrakeN
4.BTCC
5.Bitflyer

Thanks a lot, very interesting information! But what about fees on these operations? Do they have leverage service for short positions?
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Huanguanos

Activity: 59

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:52:41 AM

Marinecoin is a name that you remember all right, they back in 2018 this fast hand grab this opportunity. They give us a chance to get 450,000 MTC free and that is a perfect perfection. https://marineco.in/ico here register and follow us will be Marinecoin awarded 450,000 MTC free you guys. I swear it is true if you do not believe me go to Marinecoin homepage to see the information https://marineco.in/Thank you everyone for your support!Payment System in Internet Artificial Intelligence (AI) of Things (IoT). time dilution technology. time dilution technology - artificial intelligence - self sustaining - community - fair distribution - iot Follow me to introduce you to an extremely potent ICO and they are giving us 450,000 MTC free. Trust me please register here https://marineco.in/ico and I do not need to explain many of you will also remember the name Marinecoin this right? It’s really very attractive to you guys! For more information, go to http://marineco.in/ for more information and instructions of Marinecoin. They have returned in the beginning of this year and I am sure they will again make a big shock to everyone. Love everybody
yj300316

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 01:29:58 PM

Is there any exchange where I can place some money on the books, and short sell Bitcoin?

Cool

There are many exchange if you search google.
they are such as : binance, bittrex, bifinex, poloniex, kraken, etc etc.
there are so many exchanges currently that accepting USD.
just deposit usd there, and place it to bitcoin order book.

W E M A R K   ❱ ❱❱   https://www.wemark.com/
Blockchain-based marketplace for digital content
-Sinner-

Activity: 224
Merit: 9

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 01:33:04 PM

If you want to short bitcoin without sell them effectively, you can use Bitmex. It is the safer exchanger at the moment, and it will permit also to short /long with leverage.. Also 100x leverage.

SHIPIT - Send packages. No couriers. Just people. (https://token.shipit.me/?utm_source=bitcointalk&utm_medium=signature)
runningboys

Activity: 120

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:59:38 PM

Poloniex for you Cheesy
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:26:23 PM

You can short sell bitcoin at almost any exchange, if you are interested in margin trading I would suggest you to use Bitmex, as it supports future contracts trading and also enables trading with large margins and the site has been going for really long and they proved being legit.

If you want to use regular exchange, I can suggest you to use Bitfinex/Bitstamp as they have the largest bitcoin volume and also supports margin trading up to 3X.
Careful while shorting bitcoin with margin as bitcoin is really volatility and with margin it is even more dangerous.
kudil

Activity: 1092
Merit: 29

'Free as a bird'

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 12:30:30 PM

I think if you want short selling you can do it on any exchange but i suggest you to use Livecoin.net Wink That exchange very user friendly with huge volume and yes you can place some money like USD on that.  
Tomcolor

Activity: 652
Merit: 10

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:35:09 PM

Is there any exchange where I can place some money on the books, and short sell Bitcoin?

Cool
Many have good exchange in the crypto market. You can selling them your Bitcoin as your like that.but my suggest tell them good profit advice. You can got still holding and wait Bitcoin going up.

getbonus

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:39:36 PM

Marinecoin has good potential. It briefly had a larger marketcap than bitcoin some years ago. It now has a new team and good project. It is a self sustaining, light code, time tested block chain technology supported by artificial intelligence. It is dev-less and has a low energy footprint. MarineCoin is being revived with an ICO and 20000 free coins for each proof of promotion. It is a self sustaining network. Register at marineco.in and place request here marineco.in/ico for ICO
P2Pfinder

Activity: 249
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:44:03 PM

Cool

Personally i use 1Fox , thy are the same owner as 1Broker. Never had any issue and leverage 5x
Ballu1991

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:45:20 PM

gunhell16

Activity: 1652
Merit: 447

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:49:28 PM

u might want to do it over BTC-USDT, there are some exchange that has that like bittrex.
just make sure be a healthy trader and dont go down far.
Day trade is the thing you want and it is very good thing to earn, but not all the time you will win so be careful.
i hope that you can have the buy before it goes with the rocket.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS

▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
Play now

▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
k_kuchkarov

Activity: 238
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:25:04 PM

What are your talking about? Someone can explain it
I read, I do not understand)))
Topic is different, other comments Grin Grin
pvk444

Activity: 252
Merit: 47

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:35:48 PM

Seems the large majority of posters here have no idea what short selling means ...

Anyhow, I was wondering the same. I don't know what bitmex offers, but I probably will do soon a synthetic short, using one of the futures available.

Some exchanges that offer margin trading, like GDAX, might allow also short selling. But those I know require a certain volume (institutional accounts) which I don't yet qualify for.

Btw, just checked bitmex. They also don't offer shorting of bitcoin. They offer a contract on bitcoin that can be shorted, but I would be careful and look into the correlation between the two.
Coroline

Activity: 1092
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:47:13 PM

Cool

I suggest you invest in XRP, if you want to invest in the long term. because XRP is predicted to touch 10 $ in this year. read this if you want to see it https://ripplecoinnews.com/ripple-xrp-price-predictions
demenBTC

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

PRIVATE FEDERATED BLOCKCHAIN

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 06:07:59 PM

Cool

I suggest you invest in XRP, if you want to invest in the long term. because XRP is predicted to touch 10 $ in this year. read this if you want to see it https://ripplecoinnews.com/ripple-xrp-price-predictions
this news deserves to be considered to invest in XRP, but in the ripple market has not shown a positive movement, I still think more deeply to invest in ripple

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 
CREATING THE MOST ACCESSIBLE PLATFORM
                 FOR SELF-ACTUALIZATION               
FACEBOOK  ♦  TWITTER   ♦   WHITEPAPER   ♦   ZAPPS   ♦   GITHUB
     ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

Evangeline2

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 06:35:42 PM

For BTC futures contracts, if you think that BTC prices could fall, I also do not recommend shorting BTC, because the price of the BTC is not very stable, so will cause your loss if BTC suddenly rise.

capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2388
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:59:24 PM

you can short BTC without having cryptos using a Forex broker.
here is a good list: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=716530.0

koralan

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:24:28 PM

If you have enough patience to hold Bitcoin for a long time, you will probably be a millionaire, because BTCs never go down and they will rise again, and by the end of 2018 they will probably be over 25k. $. That's my personal guess.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:59:31 PM

Cool

I think Poloniex may have that feature. I used Poloniex a couple of years ago and they had margin trading but I never used that. I can’t say for sure if it included short selling or if it was just buying on margin.

Another option is shorting using a Bitcoin ETF. I think there are a couple of exchange traded funds through regular stock market trading available.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: