Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:09:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What should be done about pool hopping
Delay statistics - 0 (0%)
Change the payment method for example PPLNS - 0 (0%)
nothing - 1 (100%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll - X8S - Measures against pool hopping  (Read 671 times)
didjaydisteele (OP)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

All For Bitcoin!

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 01:39:55 AM

After me was almost the knife that was put to the breast, but that I should do something against pool Hopper and I have already addressed the issue on IRC, I open now for a vote on the measures.

From my point of view, It would be either no change ('nothing' is the easiest to implement ... but possibly also the most unsatisfactory) or for PPLNS (minor changes can be implemented quickly).

What is pool hopping?
http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=24966.0 (In principle, it is important that people who go to the pool if the current round is too long, in an attempt to optimize their income)

What is PPLNS?
http://eligius.st/wiki/index.php/Pay_Per_Last_N_Shares (Payment will be made only on the basis of the last N shares, and it also can happen in short rounds/ or is intended that shares counted for several rounds there may be)

A good argument against change is "If I hand a share, then I will doubt that those who value what is, and is not worthless after a time x"
Would be an argument for a change: "I do not want others to maximize their profits at my expense"

I'm neutral on the matter (apart from my technical point of view) I see good arguments and good arguments against a change.
So I would ask all to choose from (like with other solutions)

After I unfortunately just do not have so much time, detail on PoolHoping, PPLNS or score-based payments to write, I would also appreciate if anyone of you could provide more details.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: