Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:53:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where are the new Custom Hardware vendors?  (Read 3320 times)
vs3

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2013, 10:58:09 PM

*open-source cant be difficult, since most designs are based on FPGA code, right? I would imagine it cant be difficult to make chips for $1 a peice that are a basic design (exactly what avalon and asicminer did IMO)*

Just FYI - I'm not sure if you've seen this:

https://mega.co.nz/#!GIF1gYZK!M_8JowhsGc6wc2b3fsRHVCdst5w8UC0M2yq1RgHwDV8

Here's source code "as is" of all my fpga-related work.
This is a wonderful gift to the community, bitfury.  I'll be the first to say thank you!  It is a shame that it is hidden away in a post on this forum.  Do you plan to give it a proper home on your website, and/or github?

I did not see a license specified in the archive.  That would be helpful to people, so they know what they are allowed to do with the code.

Congratulations on your achievement!  Here's to hoping the first run of your ASICs runs as furiously as your name implies.

License - no any restrictions - do whatever you want both commercial and non-commercial.

Well - to make great announcement of bitstream - there's some docs should be written, porting, etc. really not much people can understand, maybe even some license notice if taken so seriously. I don't remember exactly to whom (but can look on skype) - but I gave it I think in Feb 2013 to people who appeared to be skilled in FPGA. and till today no results and no announce. I doubt they really wished to spend effort required :-(

So, there are good places to start from. (and bitfury's is not the only source available - if you search the forums there are more fpgaminer and related posts with references to such designs)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 11:47:53 PM

People are finding out it's not as easy to create a brand new product as they would have you believe, that's what's happening.  Even the people using others IP can't bring products to market (Look at Bicknellski's failed ventures) with all of the parts already laid out for them, much less create anything from scratch.

Surprise!  It actually requires skill, commitment and dedication to create a new product and bring it to market.

Hi Inaba! How many units have you shipped today?

monsters4r

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 08:37:15 AM

People are finding out it's not as easy to create a brand new product as they would have you believe, that's what's happening.  Even the people using others IP can't bring products to market (Look at Bicknellski's failed ventures) with all of the parts already laid out for them, much less create anything from scratch.

Surprise!  It actually requires skill, commitment and dedication to create a new product and bring it to market.

1) create product [check]
2) bring to market [....uh....check?]
3) fulfill all pre-orders and sell from in-hand stock [i guess in two weeks...right now you are shipping preorders 2-4months later than initially 'promised'/suggested]
4) take preorders on next-gen product that is rediculously overpriced by today's standards, and promise to deliver it before the 110nm preorders are filled

Can you point to a vendor that's doing number 3 now?  Are you seriously complaining that because demand is exceeding supply, it is somehow the vendors fault?

As for 4, I have no idea what you are talking about. BFL doesn't have any 110nm products and again, are you seriously complaining about the fact that people are paying money for a given product and the vendor charges what people will pay... but it's "overpriced" even though people are paying it?  If it was overpriced, people wouldn't buy it - that is simple economics.  If you think it's over priced, don't buy it.  The majority of the market disagrees with you, so that makes you the one that is incorrect. 

So basically points 3 and 4 are invalid and you have proven my point.

Thanks,

thanks to my cc company to force BLF get my money back, BLF is now sending devices completely usefull that never make ROI.

I've finished make business with this fraudolent company.  Angry

--- APOM - Anti Pre-Order Movement ---
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: