Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:25:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hive wallet for OS X now available in Spanish!  (Read 3965 times)
hivewallet (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 325

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2013, 12:33:46 PM

A Spanish translation of Hive is now ready!

Changeset here. Special thanks to rdymac!

Hive, a beautiful, secure wallet with an app platform for Mac OS X, Android and Mobile Web. Translators wanted! iOS and OS X devs see BitcoinKit.
Tweets @hivewallet. Skype us here. Donations appreciated at 1HLRg9C1GsfEVH555hgcjzDeas14jen2Cn
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hivewallet (OP)

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 11:58:11 AM

Are there any differences in European and "American" Spanish that would cause differences in the localization?

Hive, a beautiful, secure wallet with an app platform for Mac OS X, Android and Mobile Web. Translators wanted! iOS and OS X devs see BitcoinKit.
Tweets @hivewallet. Skype us here. Donations appreciated at 1HLRg9C1GsfEVH555hgcjzDeas14jen2Cn
btcven

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 12:57:31 PM

Are there any differences in European and "American" Spanish that would cause differences in the localization?

I made it with "Universal Spanish" in mind. I translated most of the Electrum client and despite some anglicisms it is ok.

Hive doesn't have much text content, I don't think it is a problem for Spaniards or South Americans with the current version.

Admin: rdymac (PGP) | contacto@bitcoinvenezuela.com | @cafebitcoin | Electrum, lightweight bitcoin client
If I've been helpful tip me a coffee! Cheesy1rdymachKZpA9pTYHYHMYZjfjnoBW6B3k Bitrated user: rdymac.
hivewallet (OP)

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 03:23:22 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1pgvk0/hive_bitcoin_carpeta_para_os_x_ya_est%C3%A1_disponible/

Hope that title is at least reasonably correct.

cyclops
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 09:10:40 PM

Nope wallet=cartera not "Carpeta": hive_cartera_bitcoin_para_os_x <-better
btcven

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 09:15:22 PM

Hope this correction comment help you with the SEO (or what is left of it on Google) http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1pgvk0/hive_bitcoin_carpeta_para_os_x_ya_está_disponible/cd2ejvh

Admin: rdymac (PGP) | contacto@bitcoinvenezuela.com | @cafebitcoin | Electrum, lightweight bitcoin client
If I've been helpful tip me a coffee! Cheesy1rdymachKZpA9pTYHYHMYZjfjnoBW6B3k Bitrated user: rdymac.
tomatitotarifa

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 12:21:48 AM

Not trying to meddle here, just wanted to point to the fact that most translations I've seen for wallet into Spanish is "monedero". Can anybody confirm if a different term is used in South America in the Bitcoin world? I think it would be important to use a consistent translation.
tomatitotarifa

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 12:23:36 AM

You also need an inverted exclamation sign at the beginning of the sentence, i.e.: "!Blah!"
btcven

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 01:20:47 AM

You also need an inverted exclamation sign at the beginning of the sentence, i.e.: "!Blah!"

Ese error lo he cometido hasta yo en el comentario xD

btcven

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 01:24:05 AM

Not trying to meddle here, just wanted to point to the fact that most translations I've seen for wallet into Spanish is "monedero". Can anybody confirm if a different term is used in South America in the Bitcoin world? I think it would be important to use a consistent translation.

Monedero, Billetera, Cartera, Bolso, Bandolera... y muchos más

Wallet es cartera, al menos ese es el significado que le dieron en Inglés en el mundo Bitcoin. Al igual que Keys son llaves y no claves.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=152472.0

Nailuj2000

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 09:26:01 AM

Yes, "wallet" es "Cartera", o mas exactamenta "Billetera", o sea: "Cartera pequeña de bolsillo para llevar billetes de banco", según la segunda acepción de la RAE. de hecho el splashscreen del Bitcoin-Qt es una billetera.  "Monedero" es, también según la RAE,  "Bolsa, saquillo u objeto pequeño de otra forma, en cuyo interior se lleva dinero en metálico". En mi opinión la mejor traducción es "Cartera", simplemente porque es la palabra que se suele usar para referirse a esa cosa que llevamos en el bolsillo con el dinero, las tarjetas y los carnets.
btcven

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 11:10:42 AM

Yes, "wallet" es "Cartera", o mas exactamenta "Billetera", o sea: "Cartera pequeña de bolsillo para llevar billetes de banco", según la segunda acepción de la RAE. de hecho el splashscreen del Bitcoin-Qt es una billetera.  "Monedero" es, también según la RAE,  "Bolsa, saquillo u objeto pequeño de otra forma, en cuyo interior se lleva dinero en metálico". En mi opinión la mejor traducción es "Cartera", simplemente porque es la palabra que se suele usar para referirse a esa cosa que llevamos en el bolsillo con el dinero, las tarjetas y los carnets.

+1

hivewallet (OP)

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 12:03:55 PM

So what's the English summary of the issue and resolution, guys? :-)

Can someone please send us a pull request with the updates?

btcven

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 04:16:10 PM

So what's the English summary of the issue and resolution, guys? :-)

Can someone please send us a pull request with the updates?

Someone asked about the use of "coin purse" or "bill notes wallet" instead of "wallet" and localization.

The conclusion is that Wallet ("Cartera", in the Spanish translation) is correct for the purposes of a Bitcoin Wallet Client and wallet as describe in the Bitcoin usage. So the PR doesn't need any changes AFAIK.

hivewallet (OP)

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 05:08:58 AM

We are looking for volunteers to help us complete this translation, which has fallen a bit behind.

If you would like to help, please see this URL:

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/hive-osx/language/es/

magarto

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:34:32 PM

I like your application... if you make it multiplatform (including GNU/Linux) and implement word phase wallet backup it would be wanted for everyone.
btcven

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 09:21:12 PM

We are looking for volunteers to help us complete this translation, which has fallen a bit behind.

If you would like to help, please see this URL:

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/hive-osx/language/es/

Done. I left a few comments in some strings, as there are some typos in the code. I can't see the Controllers files in that Transifex project.

hivewallet (OP)

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 06:39:04 PM

We are looking for translators for our new Hive Web and Hive iOS!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=722983;all

vgo
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 06:52:14 PM

hivewallet, in spanish please, you can use google translate.
hivewallet (OP)

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 06:33:32 AM

hivewallet, in spanish please, you can use google translate.

We don't think Google Translate would produce the best result. :-)

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: