Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:49:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Google tracking users & using it for adsense/google ads ??  (Read 74 times)
First77 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:30:47 AM

I was on real estate website magicbricks.com and I searched for "panvel navi mumbai". Next day when I was on other websites, I was getting google ads for "magicbricks panvel properties". The same happened to me after my search on amazon.com for chairs, clothes etc..   Angry
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
First77 (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:12:55 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2018, 02:00:31 PM by First77

I think there are google advertisements that are used by hackers to send viruses to your computer.

I was at "Convert2mp3" and I got virus alert. it must be from google ads.

Do not click on google ads/banners (http://googleadservices) that you see on any website.
United_Fans
Copper Member

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:27:14 AM

This brings up the question of mass surveillance. Luckily, the advertisement issue is automated to pop up ads that the consumer will more likely be interested in by using information such as recent searches on different devices. The scary part is when you don't search anything on any devices but still get ad pop ups since you talked about a product with a friend or relative close to your phone and it was registered the data which is possible. Be careful with what you research.
First77 (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:41:09 PM

Yes, they track you through cookies. If you have a Google account logged in, they also track all of your Google searches and pretty much all of your activity on any and all Google owned services. They do say they don't track any personally identifiable information though, but it's up to you if you believe that or not. The simplest way to avoid this tracking is to use incognito browsers and not log in on any Google service or Facebook.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3064

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 05:20:05 PM

I was on real estate website magicbricks.com and I searched for "panvel navi mumbai". Next day when I was on other websites, I was getting google ads for "magicbricks panvel properties". The same happened to me after my search on amazon.com for chairs, clothes etc..   Angry

Of course they are!  It happens to me all the time.  I search google for a hotel, and then for the next week I am bombarded with ads for that hotel.  :/

I like Google though, when I am driving they know where all the accidents and trouble spots are, and they route me around them.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
break0ut

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:18:45 PM

I just hate the adsense and google ads.  Embarrassed
copypastekingdom

Activity: 35
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:32:43 AM

Haha, google knows everything, check it out your self

https://myactivity.google.com/myactivity

First77 (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:09:53 PM

As many as 4.4 million iPhone users have sued tech giant Google in the UK for the alleged 'clandestine tracking and collation' of personal information. The effort is being led by former director Richard Lloyd over claims that Google bypassed the privacy settings of Apple's Safari browser on iPhones between August 2011 and February 2012 in order to divide people into categories for advertisers. If things don't go in its favour, Google may end up paying £3.2bn or around Rs 30,000 crore as per current exchange values.

According to a report by The Guardian, the lawyers for Lloyd's campaign group Google You Owe Us told the court on Monday that information collected by Google included race, physical and mental heath, political leanings, sexuality, social class, financial, shopping habits and location data.

https://www.msn.com/en-in/money
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: