Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:03:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ok to port electrum to AltCoins?  (Read 1586 times)
r3wt (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 05:44:25 PM

Hi, i was wondering if electrum was open source.

i would like to port it to my project, OpenSourceCoin as a liteclient. should i change the name so people don't get confused? like, Electrum-OSC edition?

for more info on OSC

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268705.0

thanks in advance. i wanted to ask permission before i went forward with my project

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tachikoma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 10:37:40 AM

Electrum is licensed under GNU GPL 3. You are free to modify the source code to your hearts content.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
btcven

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 11:21:18 AM

I think harningt is bringing the Litecoin code fork (client and server) back to life

Admin: rdymac (PGP) | contacto@bitcoinvenezuela.com | @cafebitcoin | Electrum, lightweight bitcoin client
If I've been helpful tip me a coffee! Cheesy1rdymachKZpA9pTYHYHMYZjfjnoBW6B3k Bitrated user: rdymac.
harningt

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 08:37:35 PM

My intent for Litecoin is to get it in the Android client and do any patchwork to get a running Litecoin server working.

In my initial tests, it looks like getting Litecoin running underneath ABE worked fine when I did some tests (though no pruning/etc so huge DB). I'll need to get that up-and-running soon again... (had to select a specific version of ABE, a specific version of electrum-server, and do some ugly massaging).

A side-effect would be that the original old Litecoin electrum /should/ be compatible with the server and 'just work'... though of course there's the Litecoin issue of fee calculation being complex that would likely need to be done (or just set the fee really high to always get it through).

Once I get more of the Android client going (it's getting harder to get time Sad) I'll publish the algorithm that's needed to calculate the "proper" fee, ideally alongside the litecoind code so that it's easier to validate.

So... in short.

Litecoin client-side being brought to Android / Java.
Litecoin server-side being patched-together sufficiently to serve client.
Litecoin servers brought up by donors
e4xit

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 03:56:26 PM

Electrum is licensed under GNU GPL 3. You are free to modify the source code to your hearts content.

This is what is great about the open source community.

Not your keys, not your coins.
CoinJoin, always.
culexevilman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 03:57:08 PM

I love open source... Cool
r3wt (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 05:12:25 PM

this is one of those ideas i've had that just never came to fruition. i will have to concede defeat for now.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: