Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:59:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico  (Read 446010 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BKCrypto

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 03:10:19 PM

is it a Mac OS X version? or just the source?

He has built Windows, Mac, Linux. All work great.

Who is "he"? It's not me.

ARE YOU SERIOUSLY GOING TO SAY THAT??? WHY ARE YOU NOT GOING TO RELEASE IT NOW? IT WORKS GREAT AND YOU TOLD ME THAT YOU WOULD RELEASE IT ONCE I TESTED IT. I TESTED IT AND NOW YOU ARE NOT GOING TO RELEASE IT??? WTF MAN?HuhHuh??

What are you talking about?? I have no idea who you are and never had any conversation with you.
Again, the latest wallet version is 2.2.1.0, beware of the pre-built "new" wallets from unknown source.

well in this case i would say ban him till its sorted out , tek is still in recovery , thundertoe pls take action , biomech help

Just found out he's been pushing the same "new walet" crap with SILK and probably some other coins. Smells like malware.

My guess is he is fishing for people to message him for the fake wallets ~ Be careful

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ense04

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 11:57:08 PM

Downloaded the wallet, cant get it to work.
greco

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 03:32:59 AM

ARE YOU SERIOUSLY GOING TO SAY THAT??? WHY ARE YOU NOT GOING TO RELEASE IT NOW? IT WORKS GREAT AND YOU TOLD ME THAT YOU WOULD RELEASE IT ONCE I TESTED IT. I TESTED IT AND NOW YOU ARE NOT GOING TO RELEASE IT??? WTF MAN?HuhHuh??

What are you talking about?? I have no idea who you are and never had any conversation with you.
Again, the latest wallet version is 2.2.1.0, beware of the pre-built "new" wallets from unknown source.

well in this case i would say ban him till its sorted out , tek is still in recovery , thundertoe pls take action , biomech help

I saw this stuff yesterday. I was going to ask Noise what was going on, since I usually am part of the testing of any new wallet. Since he's already responded, I'll just second that notion!

Don't know nothin' about it, but I would very much suspect malware. HYPster, I REALLY SERIOUSLY recommend you turn OFF that wallet, fire up the correct one, and send ALL your coins to a new wallet ASAP, because it's likely someone has your private keys. Also anyone else that got sucked in. If you can, build from source in a VM and make a new wallet altogether, then send your coins in your preferred block groupings to the new wallet. then, once it's certain that you have them all, make a backup of your old wallet.dat just for the sake of safety, and NEVER use it again.

Read his prior posts.  He's making up trite lies in an attempt to stir up hype or an even worse phishing attempt. 
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:07:57 PM

I saw this stuff yesterday. I was going to ask Noise what was going on, since I usually am part of the testing of any new wallet. Since he's already responded, I'll just second that notion!

Don't know nothin' about it, but I would very much suspect malware. HYPster, I REALLY SERIOUSLY recommend you turn OFF that wallet, fire up the correct one, and send ALL your coins to a new wallet ASAP, because it's likely someone has your private keys. Also anyone else that got sucked in. If you can, build from source in a VM and make a new wallet altogether, then send your coins in your preferred block groupings to the new wallet. then, once it's certain that you have them all, make a backup of your old wallet.dat just for the sake of safety, and NEVER use it again.

Read his prior posts.  He's making up trite lies in an attempt to stir up hype or an even worse phishing attempt. 

He's been ok sometimes and crazy others. I assume the positive until I have to do otherwise Tongue He seems more like a super excited kid to me than a troll.
mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 02:18:31 AM

Yes, seems a little erratic at times for sure. Maybe too excited or just pissed off drunk posts?Huh Who knows. Hard to tell for sure.
bney

Activity: 333

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 05:14:52 PM

Egads! Someone just threw 260th at tekcoin.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:19:27 PM

That will kill the difficulty for a minute...

without POS, that would be a serious problem.
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:43:07 PM

That will kill the difficulty for a minute...

without POS, that would be a serious problem.

PoS difficulty is through the roof it is at 0.01337379 I wonder what is the % on that level

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
clockuniverse
Legendary

Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 12:34:08 AM

What is 260th?

.    Implemented!    .
. DASH’s Decentralized Governance, 
  MASTERNODES, and Instant Send.
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 01:36:58 AM

What is 260th?
a whole lot of mining power. 260 Terrahash on a network that is normally 20 Terrahash or thereabouts. Someone briefly owned the POW chain.
theweenerdoge

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 03:41:08 AM

Hey guys my wallet seems to be stuck on block 817956 and has been for a few days.  I have wallet version 2.2.1.0.  Never had this happen before, so any help would be appreciated.  First post on BCT but been a Tek supporter for awhile now  Grin
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 06:41:33 AM

Hey guys my wallet seems to be stuck on block 817956 and has been for a few days.  I have wallet version 2.2.1.0.  Never had this happen before, so any help would be appreciated.  First post on BCT but been a Tek supporter for awhile now  Grin

Couple of things to try before doing anything radical. Given the limited information you gave us, I may be treading ground you already have covered.

First, if you haven't already done this, exit the client. File ->exit if you are using Qt, or Tekcoind stop if you're using the daemon. (Tekcoind.exe for windows, I think. I use Ubuntu for the most part)
Then restart it and see if it's working. If that don't get it, try to get some of the nodes listed in the thread. In the console, it's addnode <ip> add. Or just put addnode=<ip> in your tekcoin.conf file.

If none of that works, first, make damn sure you have a good backup of your wallet.dat file, and your tekcoin.conf file if present, then delete everything in the data file. Either download the latest bootstrap and put it in your data directory, or just sync from zero. First way is faster, second is safer (in theory). Copy your tekcoin.conf file back in, launch the client and let it sync. When it's fully synced, delete the new wallet.dat file and copy your old one in, again restarting the client.

I'll be available tomorrow (friday) at least part of the time if you need further help. Just PM me. Or Thundertoe, or Noise23 Cheesy In fact, quite a few people in the thread can help you if they're willing. Good luck!
theweenerdoge

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 02:56:13 AM

Couple of things to try before doing anything radical. Given the limited information you gave us, I may be treading ground you already have covered.

First, if you haven't already done this, exit the client. File ->exit if you are using Qt, or Tekcoind stop if you're using the daemon. (Tekcoind.exe for windows, I think. I use Ubuntu for the most part)
Then restart it and see if it's working. If that don't get it, try to get some of the nodes listed in the thread. In the console, it's addnode <ip> add. Or just put addnode=<ip> in your tekcoin.conf file.

If none of that works, first, make damn sure you have a good backup of your wallet.dat file, and your tekcoin.conf file if present, then delete everything in the data file. Either download the latest bootstrap and put it in your data directory, or just sync from zero. First way is faster, second is safer (in theory). Copy your tekcoin.conf file back in, launch the client and let it sync. When it's fully synced, delete the new wallet.dat file and copy your old one in, again restarting the client.

I'll be available tomorrow (friday) at least part of the time if you need further help. Just PM me. Or Thundertoe, or Noise23 Cheesy In fact, quite a few people in the thread can help you if they're willing. Good luck!

Thank you for taking the time to reply.  I already tried exiting and restarting, but it's still stuck in limbo.  Also it looks like I have a weak connection to the network, and have never had that before.  I will try some of the nodes tonight and see if that gets er done.  If I'm still having trouble I'll PM you, and the advice is much appreciated. 
On another note, it looks like my coins did stake, but the wallet is still out of sync and the staked coins have not moved to my balance yet.
noise23
Legendary

Activity: 967
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 03:32:06 AM

Thank you for taking the time to reply.  I already tried exiting and restarting, but it's still stuck in limbo.  Also it looks like I have a weak connection to the network, and have never had that before.  I will try some of the nodes tonight and see if that gets er done.  If I'm still having trouble I'll PM you, and the advice is much appreciated. 
On another note, it looks like my coins did stake, but the wallet is still out of sync and the staked coins have not moved to my balance yet.

If your wallet did stake while out of sync there is no other option but to delete blockchain files and re-sync from the scratch.
Never stake on unsynced blockchain - wallet will go to its own fork and will be unable to sync with the network.
theweenerdoge

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 04:24:03 AM

Hey guys my wallet seems to be stuck on block 817956 and has been for a few days.  I have wallet version 2.2.1.0.  Never had this happen before, so any help would be appreciated.  First post on BCT but been a Tek supporter for awhile now  Grin

Thank you for taking the time to reply.  I already tried exiting and restarting, but it's still stuck in limbo.  Also it looks like I have a weak connection to the network, and have never had that before.  I will try some of the nodes tonight and see if that gets er done.  If I'm still having trouble I'll PM you, and the advice is much appreciated.  

If your wallet did stake while out of sync there is no other option but to delete blockchain files and re-sync from the scratch.
Never stake on unsynced blockchain - wallet will go to its own fork and will be unable to sync with the network.

Will do.  I don't know what happened but I'll back up my wallet and try again.  Thanks for all the help guys
noise23
Legendary

Activity: 967
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 11:36:15 AM

Hey guys my wallet seems to be stuck on block 817956 and has been for a few days.  I have wallet version 2.2.1.0.  Never had this happen before, so any help would be appreciated.  First post on BCT but been a Tek supporter for awhile now  Grin

Thank you for taking the time to reply.  I already tried exiting and restarting, but it's still stuck in limbo.  Also it looks like I have a weak connection to the network, and have never had that before.  I will try some of the nodes tonight and see if that gets er done.  If I'm still having trouble I'll PM you, and the advice is much appreciated.  

Will do.  I don't know what happened but I'll back up my wallet and try again.  Thanks for all the help guys
Please make sure wallet is not staking while syncing. I'd suggest to encrypt the wallet and unlock it for pos only when synced, or sync with a new empty wallet.
HYPster

Activity: 192

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:59:47 AM

Please make sure wallet is not staking while syncing. I'd suggest to encrypt the wallet and unlock it for pos only when synced, or sync with a new empty wallet.

Yes, take heed to this as this will mess up your wallet everytime. Sync first then stake. All good.
gribgo

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 11:35:49 AM

Hi! Noise.. can you please give the link for the latest release (where we can unlock for stake only) //dont see this options in the OP latest release.
Thank you ..peace

dickwhite

Activity: 225

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 01:23:31 PM

Yes, take heed to this as this will mess up your wallet everytime. Sync first then stake. All good.

As a back up to the .dat back up, run this command in the console:
dumpprivkey <tekcoinaddress>
The output is your private key for that address from which you can recover coins in a fresh wallet. Use importprivkey <tekcoinprivatekey>.
However, I advise you to store these keys separate from an internet-connected computer.
HYPster

Activity: 192

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 01:53:33 AM

Will do.  I don't know what happened but I'll back up my wallet and try again.  Thanks for all the help guys

As a back up to the .dat back up, run this command in the console:
dumpprivkey <tekcoinaddress>
The output is your private key for that address from which you can recover coins in a fresh wallet. Use importprivkey <tekcoinprivatekey>.
However, I advise you to store these keys separate from an internet-connected computer.

My private key is in my pants. Rather large, but well hidden. My chick likes me to export my private key repeatedly into her USB port.
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: