Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:16:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 [252] 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico  (Read 446016 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Joebwan

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

Deep - Deeper - DeepOnion!

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 01:50:33 AM

To you Cryptopia folks,
Just wanted to take a moment and extend my gratitude for listing TEK.  Had you not been kind enough to allow us on your exchange, we would have  been homeless in the wake of the Craptastrophy.

In light of what has happened historically, Mt. Got, Cryptsy, etc. I don't believe it is ever a good idea to leave large amounts parked on any exchange. It is not a matter of trust, but more about limiting exposure.  Large accounts attract unwanted attention, and why set up the exchange for a hack attempt because folks are too lazy to wallet their own cash?

I hope some of you reading this understand that running an exchange is a labor of love until they generate enough volume to make some profit. That can be a long road.

So, before casting dispersions at folks,  I recommend that: 1. appreciate that they are putting lots of their time in trying to build their business, and we have benefitted. 2. Without folks willing to do this, we would not have places to trade our Alts, be kind.

Just my 2 cents, and thanks Cryptopia!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
a_cat_named_joe

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 03:24:25 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2016, 03:44:10 AM by a_cat_named_joe

To you Cryptopia folks,
Just wanted to take a moment and extend my gratitude for listing TEK.  Had you not been kind enough to allow us on your exchange, we would have  been homeless in the wake of the Craptastrophy.

In light of what has happened historically, Mt. Got, Cryptsy, etc. I don't believe it is ever a good idea to leave large amounts parked on any exchange. It is not a matter of trust, but more about limiting exposure.  Large accounts attract unwanted attention, and why set up the exchange for a hack attempt because folks are too lazy to wallet their own cash?

I hope some of you reading this understand that running an exchange is a labor of love until they generate enough volume to make some profit. That can be a long road.

So, before casting dispersions at folks,  I recommend that: 1. appreciate that they are putting lots of their time in trying to build their business, and we have benefitted. 2. Without folks willing to do this, we would not have places to trade our Alts, be kind.

I agree. Whatever the rights and wrongs about the banning were, to attempt to put into jeopardy someone's livelihood is way over the top in my book. M33, you should have just bit the bullet and accepted that chat rooms can sometimes get heated and tempers frayed, leading to people being banned. Quite frankly what you said about the part-time, full-time aspect of someone's employment was pure tittle-tattle.

Some might cock an eyebrow at the flurry of 'F' words streaking across the southern sky from our antipodean cousins, but I say that it shows that the Cryptopia staff are passionate about their reputation and the service that they provide.

Yes, I'm biased. I've recommended Cryptopia in the past to Tek investors and to those investing in other altcoins. Cryptopia is a newish exchange trying to get established in the thankless world of cryptocurrency. Cryptopia provide a unique service and I've found them to be consistently reliable. I'm sure others have too. I want to see them succeed.
m33
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Never invest with borrowed coins

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 05:58:01 AM

To you Cryptopia folks,

I agree. Whatever the rights and wrongs about the banning were, to attempt to put into jeopardy someone's livelihood is way over the top in my book. M33, you should have just bit the bullet and accepted that chat rooms can sometimes get heated and tempers frayed, leading to people being banned. Quite frankly what you said about the part-time, full-time aspect of someone's employment was pure tittle-tattle.

Some might cock an eyebrow at the flurry of 'F' words streaking across the southern sky from our antipodean cousins, but I say that it shows that the Cryptopia staff are passionate about their reputation and the service that they provide.

Yes, I'm biased. I've recommended Cryptopia in the past to Tek investors and to those investing in other altcoins. Cryptopia is a newish exchange trying to get established in the thankless world of cryptocurrency. Cryptopia provide a unique service and I've found them to be consistently reliable. I'm sure others have too. I want to see them succeed.

Joebwan I agree with you but that doesn't give them the right to do what they did , bullying ppl . As for the cat name joe next time when someone treats u unfairly u bite the bullet hope u don't lose any sleep over this , they are powerful ppl and big boys , when they carried out their actions I sure they can take a few comments but all I see is talk no proof of this and that , it is true they provide a service that is much needed now but I for one won't be using it . What you chose to do is your own fate .so the sad fact is you want to trade they you have to take the shit they dish out . And cryptsy was good and we all made good money than it change , so who is to say what will cryptopia will turn out I truly wish them well , but they have unable to control themselves. venting their anger on some one passing by ...
That leave must to be said as you are my fellow tek heads I was just letting you guys know my experience , I'm in no way telling what to do or what not to do

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

YOUR DIGITAL PRECIOUS METAL 
PoSP | BNP Masternodes | 65 Second block time
Bullion MarketPlace

Cryptopia | NovaExchange |
Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:16:13 AM

Kiklo's Rules for Dealing with Exchanges

Rule 1 : Never Leave more on an exchange than what you are willing to lose.

Rule 2 : Don't be an asshat toward the guys running the exchange.

Rule 3 : Follow Rules 1 & 2 and you'll have no complaints with any exchanges.  Smiley

Cool
m33
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 07:23:52 AM

Here is a truly sad fact , yesterday I started to stake at Pos diff of 0.025 the rewards where from 8.75% to 9.3% rough estimate 140k of tek minted 9700 units

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Bullion MarketPlace

Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Joebwan

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 02:04:42 PM

Here is a truly sad fact , yesterday I started to stake at Pos diff of 0.025 the rewards where from 8.75% to 9.3% rough estimate 140k of tek minted 9700 units

Hang in there! The winds of change are blowing according to the DEV team. I am currently holding off on staking.  At some point 'ol Micro-man has to turn off the diff-o-matic so he can stake, I will jump in then, or... the promised change is a coming! 

I dont know if a wallet change effects the age of my coin, (I suspect not.) But even if I loose a round of stake to fix the problem, I am totally cool with it. The additional 60 days after the maturity date prorated is something great to fall back on, especially now.  You won't loose by waiting, and could win big.  Patience young grasshopper!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Joebwan

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 02:13:49 PM

don't be afraid to come play around on Yobit https://yobit.net/en/trade/TEK/BTC the chat box is fairly unmoderated and enjoyable

Damn it Thunder! Post a TEK donation address!  I gots some to donate!  I wish to offset some of your Cryptsy debacle and help with the web page renewal.

You aint getting my bitcoin, but I am happy to throw a pile of TEK you way. I don't care if you just turn around and sell it for bitcoin, but I am not going to do it for you. 

So out with it!  your TEK donation address is......?

m33
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 02:16:53 PM

Hang in there! The winds of change are blowing according to the DEV team. I am currently holding off on staking.  At some point 'ol Micro-man has to turn off the diff-o-matic so he can stake, I will jump in then, or... the promised change is a coming! 

I dont know if a wallet change effects the age of my coin, (I suspect not.) But even if I loose a round of stake to fix the problem, I am totally cool with it. The additional 60 days after the maturity date prorated is something great to fall back on, especially now.  You won't loose by waiting, and could win big.  Patience young grasshopper!

You may like to try the block explore from press tab , there are a few address with 1700-2000 coin spread out evenly for 60 days each, there are some gaps with 2 day windows , looks like the guy will switch off these wallet than begin his stake

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Bullion MarketPlace

Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
a_cat_named_joe

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 02:34:25 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2016, 03:04:32 PM by a_cat_named_joe

Hang in there! The winds of change are blowing according to the DEV team. I am currently holding off on staking.  At some point 'ol Micro-man has to turn off the diff-o-matic so he can stake, I will jump in then, or... the promised change is a coming!  

I dont know if a wallet change effects the age of my coin, (I suspect not.) But even if I loose a round of stake to fix the problem, I am totally cool with it. The additional 60 days after the maturity date prorated is something great to fall back on, especially now.  You won't loose by waiting, and could win big.  Patience young grasshopper!

You may be right there. I've been watching Press Tab's block explorer and I've not noticed anything near a 40% hit for a couple of months now. If that is the case, it tells me that the micro-men could have split their coin stashes up into amounts smaller than are detectable by Press Tab's Rich List radar, hoping to build up coin weight on the sly, over a longer period than has previously been the case.

But like all submarines hiding in the murky depths they are bound to come up for air soon. If they don't, they are going to be frustrated by the imminent fork eliminating micro-stakes. Keep watching and sound the alert when the diff plummets.

Depth charges at the ready. Let's flush these little ******* out!
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 04:17:56 PM

Firstly, I've got the database logs to prove you were unbanned last night shortly after it happened, before you made this post, so you can fuck off with your lies, and you still want to trade here? No I don't think so, you're withdrawing all your coins because you think we're unstable, and you're telling other people to do so, and you think you're still welcome to use the site? You've got until the end of the week to finish withdrawing your coins and then your account will be locked. Go fuck yourself.

I was gonna stay out of this, as it's clearly a private dispute. But I have to say that the posts made by you vs. m33 don't paint  a very professional picture. Take this advice as at least worth what you paid for it, but it's from someone who has done customer service their entire life.

Some customers, despite what they might seem to those who know them, are idiots. Maybe not in all things, maybe not all the time. But there will be a time when you just get too pissed off at somebody to deal with them. So you don't. Not this way.

What would have profited you more was to apologize, restore his account, and PRIVATELY ask him to be a bit more sensitive to the situation. EVEN IF YOU'RE DEAD CERTAIN THAT YOU'RE IN THE RIGHT. Why? Because if you respond as unprofessionally as you have, it makes YOU look like an asshole, even if you weren't. And it does make you look unstable.

I like your exchange. I don't do a lot of business there, and I mainly stay out of troll boxes as they are full of trolls. But if you'd banned me for ONE random comment, even a stupid one, I'd have been pissed off and sought out the competition. OTOH, if you'd have said something like "Biomech, please don't stir the pot", I'd have acknowledged it and moved on. Never gave it a second thought. Some places are more rowdy than others, and you cannot afford to take people personally if you're in business. And yes, I fully realize how hard that can be sometimes. Saying "Have a nice day" when your brain and gut are screaming "skin this fucker" is the mark of a professional. It's easy to conduct good business with easy people. They are not and never will be the test.
TripleHeXXX

Activity: 176
Merit: 102

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 04:55:59 PM

I was gonna stay out of this, as it's clearly a private dispute. But I have to say that the posts made by you vs. m33 don't paint  a very professional picture. Take this advice as at least worth what you paid for it, but it's from someone who has done customer service their entire life.

Some customers, despite what they might seem to those who know them, are idiots. Maybe not in all things, maybe not all the time. But there will be a time when you just get too pissed off at somebody to deal with them. So you don't. Not this way.

What would have profited you more was to apologize, restore his account, and PRIVATELY ask him to be a bit more sensitive to the situation. EVEN IF YOU'RE DEAD CERTAIN THAT YOU'RE IN THE RIGHT. Why? Because if you respond as unprofessionally as you have, it makes YOU look like an asshole, even if you weren't. And it does make you look unstable.

I like your exchange. I don't do a lot of business there, and I mainly stay out of troll boxes as they are full of trolls. But if you'd banned me for ONE random comment, even a stupid one, I'd have been pissed off and sought out the competition. OTOH, if you'd have said something like "Biomech, please don't stir the pot", I'd have acknowledged it and moved on. Never gave it a second thought. Some places are more rowdy than others, and you cannot afford to take people personally if you're in business. And yes, I fully realize how hard that can be sometimes. Saying "Have a nice day" when your brain and gut are screaming "skin this fucker" is the mark of a professional. It's easy to conduct good business with easy people. They are not and never will be the test.

Here's the thing, and there's so much more to all of this than really feels appropriate to cover in this thread. I agree with everything you've said, were this another job, and I were working for someone else. But we're working for ourselves, and not for someone else, and we're not trying to be the "professional" exchange. Most of our users understand this, and I would even go as far as to bet as that's why a lot of them keep coming back.

Cryptsy were very professional in the way they told sa_ddam213 to go fuck himself when they lost his BTC 2 years ago (Not related to and separate to the current Cryptsy situation), and they've been very professional up until now, but I don't see anyone sitting around now saying "Yo know what? At least they were very professional about it all.".

So we're not professional, but what you see is exactly what you get with us, and we call it how we see it. We're building a community, and we've outlined rules, and people who don't uphold those rules aren't welcome. Some people use our site because of the coins we don't list, and the people we keep out. Why can't we have our own company culture? So what if you don't agree with it? We're not asking you to use our site, if you don't fit our community we don't even wan you to. Some people seem to struggle with that concept.

If you don't like us, go some where else. If you don't like anywhere else, make your own. If you can't, then deal with it. We're not trying to cater to everyone, we only wanted to make the site we ourselves wanted to use.

★★★ Cryptocurrency Platform Services ★★★
Exchange | Mineshaft |  Marketplace 【 Cryptopia 】 Rewards | CoinInfo | | f | | t | | BTC |           
★▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔★          
Joebwan

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:20:29 PM

I was gonna stay out of this, as it's clearly a private dispute. But I have to say that the posts made by you vs. m33 don't paint  a very professional picture. Take this advice as at least worth what you paid for it, but it's from someone who has done customer service their entire life.

Here's the thing, and there's so much more to all of this than really feels appropriate to cover in this thread. I agree with everything you've said, were this another job, and I were working for someone else. But we're working for ourselves, and not for someone else, and we're not trying to be the "professional" exchange. Most of our users understand this, and I would even go as far as to bet as that's why a lot of them keep coming back.

Cryptsy were very professional in the way they told sa_ddam213 to go fuck himself when they lost his BTC 2 years ago (Not related to and separate to the current Cryptsy situation), and they've been very professional up until now, but I don't see anyone sitting around now saying "Yo know what? At least they were very professional about it all.".

So we're not professional, but what you see is exactly what you get with us, and we call it how we see it. We're building a community, and we've outlined rules, and people who don't uphold those rules aren't welcome. Some people use our site because of the coins we don't list, and the people we keep out. Why can't we have our own company culture? So what if you don't agree with it? We're not asking you to use our site, if you don't fit our community we don't even wan you to. Some people seem to struggle with that concept.

If you don't like us, go some where else. If you don't like anywhere else, make your own. If you can't, then deal with it. We're not trying to cater to everyone, we only wanted to make the site we ourselves wanted to use.

Hex, You do have the right to build your business to cater to whomever you please. I, Like biomech have been in customer service for decades, and I totally get what he is saying.  Most of us in small business wish to have as wide of a customer base as possible to maximize profitability.

There is nothing more humbling then telling someone who deserves a ‘kiss my ass and f*** off’ that you appreciate his concerns and will look at trying to improve the process. It is totally up to you if you want to ‘call it like you see it’ as you correctly say you tend to do, or take the more tactful line.  I can recite several instances where I have taken the high road, and have had customers I was ready to write off come back and apologize, and bring me more business.  Never would have happened if I had told them what was on my mind.

I would never suppose to tell you how to run your exchange. If you are comfortable where you are at, more power to you. I have not been offended, and I will still use your services. I know not to ‘poke the bear’.
The reason folks like myself and Biomech even bother to say anything? We see value in what you offer, and wish you the greatest success possible. If we can offer constructive help that costs you nothing, and it really does help, the desire is there to do so.  If on the other hand, you are dead set on doing things as described above, again, your choice. In either case, my vote of thanks was sincere.

If I were to ask for any consideration: I know we are all big boys and girls, but a few less F-bombs would be appreciated. 
Kindest Regards, Joebwan Kanobe.

a_cat_named_joe

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 06:07:20 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2016, 06:20:48 PM by a_cat_named_joe

Hex, You do have the right to build your business to cater to whomever you please. I, Like biomech have been in customer service for decades, and I totally get what he is saying.  Most of us in small business wish to have as wide of a customer base as possible to maximize profitability.

There is nothing more humbling then telling someone who deserves a ‘kiss my ass and f*** off’ that you appreciate his concerns and will look at trying to improve the process. It is totally up to you if you want to ‘call it like you see it’ as you correctly say you tend to do, or take the more tactful line.  I can recite several instances where I have taken the high road, and have had customers I was ready to write off come back and apologize, and bring me more business.  Never would have happened if I had told them what was on my mind.

I would never suppose to tell you how to run your exchange. If you are comfortable where you are at, more power to you. I have not been offended, and I will still use your services. I know not to ‘poke the bear’.
The reason folks like myself and Biomech even bother to say anything? We see value in what you offer, and wish you the greatest success possible. If we can offer constructive help that costs you nothing, and it really does help, the desire is there to do so.  If on the other hand, you are dead set on doing things as described above, again, your choice. In either case, my vote of thanks was sincere.

If I were to ask for any consideration: I know we are all big boys and girls, but a few less F-bombs would be appreciated.  
Kindest Regards, Joebwan Kanobe.

All I would add to this debate is that we don't know the full story. Even the most professional of people can snap given the right amount of stress. Biomech, your advice is good solid advice given in what I imagine to be a relatively unstressful situation.

However, to my mind, that type of advice is best given in private considering the circumstances. To give it so publicly, as you have done, could even lead to you being considered unprofessional.

It's obvious that strong feelings are evident here. Let's not push people into corners where they might not belong. I suggest that we cool it and move on.
Joebwan

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 06:37:05 PM

I am in favor of all of us keeping an eye on the difficulty. If we see an appreciable drop, sound the alarm on the thread.  Until the fork happens, it may be the way we can all stake at a more reasonable rate, and help foil the plans of the micro-men.

At the time of this post, Diff is still .02300, so no immediate relief or signs of the Diff-o-matic going off line.

a_cat_named_joe

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 06:49:57 PM

Ah ... the plague of the Micro-men! Now, I wonder who they are?
4x13
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 06:53:18 PM

OK, so Lets fork this Biatch, Drop the Stake rate by at least 50% (what we have been really getting lately) and Move on..
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 08:04:03 PM

thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 08:39:53 PM

you need to be FAST! to get these it is first come first serve!
Joebwan

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 09:07:04 PM

The dreaded Micro-men.  Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men.....

Lamont Cranston....

a_cat_named_joe

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 10:29:49 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2016, 10:53:03 PM by a_cat_named_joe

The dreaded Micro-men.  Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men.....

Lamont Cranston....

"... dead men, in spite of the legend, do tell. Yes they speak and point with a bony, fleshless finger at their murderers ..."
Pages: « 1 ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 [252] 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: