Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:49:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico  (Read 446013 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CryptoWiz420

Activity: 564
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2016, 04:55:11 AM

Hi guys,

Would there be any interest in an auction site that uses TEK?

as i have made one, started out as just an experiment but has turned out too good to toss to the side,
if there would be enough interest i would host it.
Something like this might save the coin.

one question is it normal for the wallet to round to 6 decimal places? its one issue i havn't got around.

donate TEK to help the project Bb82VWAn1QmE48Hpx4hp7S3BKD1er7V9Pr

All positive replies so far. Anymore takers?

Great idea! TEK is still one of the best staking coins, just taken a few too many knocks, but it can certainly come back. An auction site would keep TEK active long enough to reap the benefits from the likely surge crypto will get from bitcoin bull market.

I will take TEK in swap for PUNZ anytime

Get PUNZ now
PUNZ: Making Crypto Great Again. Swap Many Coins To Punz, FREE!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coinhugger

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 01:48:49 PM

Any real world usage would be positive.
I would suggest a reverse split of 1:100
or higher might make sense.

Please excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by 'a reverse split of 1:100'?

vancefox
Legendary

Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 08:32:47 PM

It's a way to reduce total number of coins available.  Basically divide your, and everyone else's, balance by 100 and that would be the new balance.

"moneysupply" : 1039532234.41714394

New moneysupply would be 10395322.34417143 with a 1:100 reverse split.

This space not for rent...
Rossc

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 10:14:10 PM

Hi guys,

as i have made one, started out as just an experiment but has turned out too good to toss to the side,

one question is it normal for the wallet to round to 6 decimal places? its one issue i havn't got around.

I vote yes

Hi guys i have decided to host it, see tekauction.com

and this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1723034.0
coinhugger

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 12:57:31 AM

It's a way to reduce total number of coins available.  Basically divide your, and everyone else's, balance by 100 and that would be the new balance.

Ah interesting. Thanks for the explanation.  I think that would not be a bad idea for TEK. Maybe even a 1:1000 reverse split then.
bitmaster1x
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

CRYPTO-CITY.COM 🌟 Communities

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2016, 09:19:41 AM

It's a way to reduce total number of coins available.  Basically divide your, and everyone else's, balance by 100 and that would be the new balance.

Why do people think that reverse splits will solve issues?  For the most part it only accelerates the demise. lol

The better solution is to simply reduce the stake reward. This way, the current & future volume trade value is not killed off.

For example, 1000 coins that go up 1 point, is more valuable than 1 coin that goes up 1 point.

Activity: 355
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 09:40:33 AM

If people put 20% of the effort they use changing numbers in source code and releasing new version every month into actually finding tangible goods and services that can used with the coin they will have a stable price.

You can change all the magic numbers you want, but if the coin cant be used for anything but trading its simply a novelty that will wear thin as the new coin of the week is released.

Find a use for TEK, then the price will rise on its own, without needing to be pumped or babysitted.

▄███████▄
                      ███████████
                     █████████████
          ▄████████▄  ███████████
         ████████████  ▀███████▀
        ██████████████
         ████████████  ▄████████▄
          ▀████████▀  ████████████
                     ██████████████
                      ████████████
                       ▀████████▀
Cryptopia..██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.★★★ Cryptocurrency Platform Services ★★★ 
...Exchange | Mineshaft |  Marketplace | Rewards | CoinInfo 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.f. ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████████████
█████████▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀██▀██████████
█████████  ▀████████          ▀█████████
██████████    ▀▀████          ██████████
█████████▀▀                  ███████████
██████████                  ▄███████████
███████████▀               ▄████████████
████████████▄▄▄           ▄█████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀         ▄▄████████████████
███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
       ███  ██
       ███  ██
  ██████████████
  ████████████████▄
  ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀███████
     █████     ██████
     █████▄▄▄▄█████▀
     ████████████████
     █████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
     █████      ██████
     █████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
  ███████████████████
  ██████████████
       ███  ██
       ███  ██
Rossc

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 10:57:13 AM

If people put 20% of the effort they use changing numbers in source code and releasing new version every month into actually finding tangible goods and services that can used with the coin they will have a stable price.

You can change all the magic numbers you want, but if the coin cant be used for anything but trading its simply a novelty that will wear thin as the new coin of the week is released.

Find a use for TEK, then the price will rise on its own, without needing to be pumped or babysitted.

See my post above. tekauction.com
coinhugger

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 12:10:36 PM

I totally agree with you that real-world applications for the coin will possibly create some demand for it.  Regarding the reverse split I think it is useful, not as a gimmick but to make the numbers more practical to work with.

JPred

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

my magic is growing strong[er]

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 05:58:23 PM

hi, i dont expect anyone to care about it. its for those who already do care

This is where you had me, guts and all, Rossc. Plus, I can see the community is ready to support this. I am too. Wiil be contributing a slice of staked TEK soon (with next staking event). Smiley Thanks so much for your efforts!

Hi guys,

I vote yes

FREEDOM
Rossc

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 07:21:30 PM

hi, i dont expect anyone to care about it. its for those who already do care

This is where you had me, guts and all, Rossc. Plus, I can see the community is ready to support this. I am too. Wiil be contributing a slice of staked TEK soon (with next staking event). Smiley Thanks so much for your efforts!

Hi guys,

I vote yes

Nice one thanks JPred! Wink
Woody20285
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002

Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 08:28:22 PM

Why do people think that reverse splits will solve issues?  For the most part it only accelerates the demise. lol
The better solution is to simply reduce the stake reward. This way, the current & future volume trade value is not killed off.
For example, 1000 coins that go up 1 point, is more valuable than 1 coin that goes up 1 point.

I do not believe there is a simple solution. Certainly the stake reward needs reduced.
It is not my observation that reverse splits hasten the demise of a coin. The most recent
example I can think of is ERC, which reduced POS rewards (actually changed them to HODL
at a lower %) and did a 1-10 reverse split which caused the price to double. This is also
coupled with real world usage development. I believe that all of these are necessary.
coinhugger

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 06:43:44 AM

Hi guys,

I vote yes

Awesome! Well done. 

Now I was hoping to buy a camera drone with my TEK, but that's not (yet) available.  Grin Looking forward to see more items soon.

Rossc

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 09:21:41 AM

Awesome! Well done. 

Now I was hoping to buy a camera drone with my TEK, but that's not (yet) available.  Grin Looking forward to see more items soon.

Yeah its being a little slow. Site has had a few thousand hits since I posted here but no joiners so far.
Hopefully people will start joining and adding items soon
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 3427

born once atheist

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 11:02:26 PM

Hi guys,

I vote yes

well great effort.
I find it a little strange that a newbie account would go to such lengths to create and host an auction site
for a crypto coin thats all but dead. just saying.  Knowing that  fishing scams and the like are extremely  prevelant around the crypto theater (namely Bitcointalk)
my paranoia is talking, so please dont take it personally. Hope it pans out but I'll just watch from the sidelines for now. Good luck.

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
Rossc

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 11:43:31 PM

Hi sirazimuth. I understand your concerns. The whole thing started out as an experiment. And when done I thought it worked too well just to let it lay on my hard drive doing nothing. Yes I could have picked any coin. I believe tek can make a comeback if given a chance. That's all I'm doing. If I was out to fraud or scam I'd have picked a coin with some value behind it. But of course I totally agree with you, im sure the first few people to put hard earned cash into bitcoin would have been sceptical.
coinhugger

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 02:06:35 PM

Hi sirazimuth. I understand your concerns. The whole thing started out as an experiment. And when done I thought it worked too well just to let it lay on my hard drive doing nothing. Yes I could have picked any coin. I believe tek can make a comeback if given a chance. That's all I'm doing. If I was out to fraud or scam I'd have picked a coin with some value behind it. But of course I totally agree with you, im sure the first few people to put hard earned cash into bitcoin would have been sceptical.

I for one am glad to see an actual application for TEK. Many coins don't even have ANY use, so anything toward this direction is a plus!

The question is if it will gain some traction among users. What does the average TEK holder look like, what are they after (aside from trying to make a buck with staking)?
clockuniverse
Legendary

Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2016, 02:53:41 AM

I for one am glad to see an actual application for TEK. Many coins don't even have ANY use, so anything toward this direction is a plus!

The question is if it will gain some traction among users. What does the average TEK holder look like, what are they after (aside from trying to make a buck with staking)?

TEK is already traded on Cryptopia which has a market place for auctions so I don't really see the point of having a dedicated site for auctions.  https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/MarketPlace

The main thing that every coin needs is to have merchant services (a button on a website to purchase things with that coin.)

.    Implemented!    .
. DASH’s Decentralized Governance, 
  MASTERNODES, and Instant Send.
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

coinhugger

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 02:37:43 PM

TEK is already traded on Cryptopia which has a market place for auctions so I don't really see the point of having a dedicated site for auctions.  https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/MarketPlace

The main thing that every coin needs is to have merchant services (a button on a website to purchase things with that coin.)

Ok, I forgot about Cryptopia having a market place already. Maybe some paid games for TEK would be nice. There might be some gamblers among the TEK holders. Smiley

Agreed on the merchant services.

bitmaster1x
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

CRYPTO-CITY.COM 🌟 Communities

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2016, 12:11:06 AM

Been saying this for a long time. Apparently, it seems to not compute.

Pages: « 1 ... 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: