Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:59:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: US Dollar Value - 0.00389105 BTC  (Read 879 times)
supersonic3974 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 05:54:14 PM

It's now time to start reporting the value of the US dollar in terms of Bitcoins.  This thread can be used to keep track of this metric.  So keep this thread updated with the current exchange rate!

As of this posting, the US dollar is only worth 0.00389105 BTC!

Here is a graph of the value of USD in terms of BTC.

To see all the data easily, I applied a log scale.

NOTE:  I copied this from my post in Speculation.  I thought it might be more appropriate here.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 06:19:20 PM

Definitely adds a new perspective on the situation. Tough data to take in for Fiat investors  Undecided

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

supersonic3974 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:23:14 PM

Definitely adds a new perspective on the situation. Tough data to take in for Fiat investors  Undecided

Yeah, I have no idea what I should take from the second graph.  It will be interesting to see what information can be gleaned from this.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 07:20:01 PM

Yeah, I have no idea what I should take from the second graph.  It will be interesting to see what information can be gleaned from this.

it will definitely be interesting.  Will people starting having more faith in holding BTCs then USD?  For me it does, just because of all the speculation and potential BTC currently has.

Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 07:51:46 PM

Remember that everyone working a job is a fiat investor, except for the tiny few that get paid in something else (of which Bitcoin salaried people might even be in the minority). Remember Tuur Demeester's story about Icelandic building laborers getting paid with bricks (or was it cement?).

Vires in numeris
Karmicads

Activity: 185
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 01:09:02 PM

It's now time to start reporting the value of the US dollar in terms of Bitcoins. 

Great idea.

Before long we will have to denominate the USD in brass razoo's

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: