Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 10:35:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Taxation bitkoyn makes the world more fair and better?
Yes
No
I do not care

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Taxation and Bitcoin  (Read 140 times)
russaa8 (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:12:41 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2018, 08:42:54 AM by russaa8

Bitcoin is anonymous on one side and absolutely transparent on the other.

When I first heard about taxation bitcoins, I was very upset! Sooner or later it will come to me! But then I thought that this could make the world much better and more just.

If most countries legalize bitcoin as a payment card and will tax 5% of the additional cost or capital gains, it will be much more fair and efficient than the current monetary and tax system in most countries of the world.

For example, in my country some earn 20.5% of earned income (salaries), and then another 20% still pay when buying products, for example, in a supermarket. As a result, if a person earned $ 1,000, he actually gets $ 795, then he spends in the supermarket, 20% ($ 159) of which are spent on taxes. That is, 1000 earned, 364 paid for taxes.

Yes, a lot, and perhaps you could accept this, but these taxes are paid only by the poor and middle class, and that's not all. And the rich have firms and accounts in offshore, others work exclusively in the shade and pay scant taxes.

I think that bitkoyn can solve this problem because it is absolutely transparent and 5% in return for 36.4% of the tax will be enough and fair for all, both for the rich and the poor.

What do you think about it? Is it good or bad to make taxable bitcoin?

Thank you for attention)
Untold

Activity: 262
Merit: 181

BitcoinTalk's Premier Design Service @UntoldDesign

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:31:27 AM

In my country, Bitcoin/cryptocurrency is treated similarly to stock/shares.

The taxation laws, however, are quite vague and new, so I'm sure people will slip through the cracks. I would always err on the side of caution and file taxes appropriately, with the assistance of a qualified accountant.

In answer to your question though, I don't see why governments shouldn't tax Bitcoin/cryptocurrency, like any other investment.

I'd love to hear others experiences with cryptocurrency taxation though!

Thanks,

-Untold

█▀█▀█████▀███████▀████▀█               BITCOINTALK'S PREMIER DESIGN SERVICE      
▄████         ANN Design   ✔ Logos   ✔ Websites   ✔ Avatars   +More!
█▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄█              Telegram          Discussion    
danniwide1234

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:45:50 AM

Making Bitcoin taxable is a good development because it will connote that in places or countries where this happen the government of such countries have accepted bitcoin and other cryptocurrency as a legal means of transaction and that will definitely contribute to the growth of cryptocurrency. However, I don't think it will be very easy to to tax bitcoin in this state because of its decentralized nature. This will be a major set back in the quest to make bitcoin and other cryptocurrency taxable. I believe in the future if a system can be developed to make every transaction concerning bitcoin traceable to a particular person then the issue of taxation will be a welcome development.

russaa8 (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:49:29 AM

In answer to your question though, I don't see why governments shouldn't tax Bitcoin/cryptocurrency, like any other investment.

I still consider bitcoin as a currency, not an investment! And the fact that the price of the currency is growing relative to other currencies should not be taxed. For example, if the euro rate has increased relative to the dollar - it is not taxed. Therefore, bitcoin should not be taxed.
Yakapo

Activity: 203
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:09:52 AM

Many countries are still facing problems on how to treat BTC and how to properly tax it because its still a new technology andthereare no set laws to properly govern it. BUT if thegovernments find a mutually benefdicial stand on how to deal with it then it will be a win win for both BTC users and the government
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:15:18 AM

It is only natural that bitcoin will be taxed, how do people expect the governments of the world to accept an alternate currency that circumvents tax regulations, hence allowing people to avoid income tax, or launder money? Of course there needs to be some control, but with this control comes acceptance, standardization and protection. These features will be necessary for crypto to move into the prime time.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 09:24:18 AM

Bitcoin is anonymous on one side and absolutely transparent on the other.

When I first heard about taxation bitcoins, I was very upset! Sooner or later it will come to me! But then I thought that this could make the world much better and more just.

If most countries legalize bitcoin as a payment card and will tax 5% of the additional cost or capital gains, it will be much more fair and efficient than the current monetary and tax system in most countries of the world.

For example, in my country some earn 20.5% of earned income (salaries), and then another 20% still pay when buying products, for example, in a supermarket. As a result, if a person earned $ 1,000, he actually gets $ 795, then he spends in the supermarket, 20% ($ 159) of which are spent on taxes. That is, 1000 earned, 364 paid for taxes.

Yes, a lot, and perhaps you could accept this, but these taxes are paid only by the poor and middle class, and that's not all. And the rich have firms and accounts in offshore, others work exclusively in the shade and pay scant taxes.

I think that bitkoyn can solve this problem because it is absolutely transparent and 5% in return for 36.4% of the tax will be enough and fair for all, both for the rich and the poor.

What do you think about it? Is it good or bad to make taxable bitcoin?

Thank you for attention)

Taxation for bitcoin is actually the best scenario it can put itself in. Once that this becomes the ordeal then I do believe that everything else will follow. Countries and major incorporations could seriously look at the taxation laws and cound use it to regulate bitcoin which for so long they have been left scratching over and has led to their fear in regards to bitcoin. That is why I am waiting for a country, a corporation or even a small business to lead or redefine this

gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:25:32 AM

Bitcoin is not popular yet where I'm operating from, so when I read about tax issues, I get surprised. Moreover, the rate to be tax for income earn from bitcoin is high.
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:32:54 AM

I still consider bitcoin as a currency, not an investment! And the fact that the price of the currency is growing relative to other currencies should not be taxed. For example, if the euro rate has increased relative to the dollar - it is not taxed. Therefore, bitcoin should not be taxed.

I think the government will consider this as an investment because you use fiat money to purchase Bitcoin. I don't know much, that's just my opinion.

But I'm against about Bitcoin getting taxed.
Tisubasha

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:35:44 AM

I think the sense to be in taxes is reasonable and it will be better but the government must also legalize bitcoin. if it is still illegal but in taxes would not be fair alais certain game of course .. and of course we as the perpetrators bitcoiner will not mind .. anyway if there is such a regulation is equally profitable.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:37:55 AM

I believe you still have to pay taxes when you are trading currencies with each other like buying and selling EUR and USD in Forex market and making profit from it. and as long as that is true, paying taxes on bitcoin when people use it as an investment (trading it on exchanges) is not that illogical.

but paying taxes when you use it as a currency to buy stuff is not at all acceptable which is why some countries such as Japan have already removed taxes on that part.
but you can never deny the fact that people are using bitcoin as both an investment and as a currency at the same time.

Only Bitcoin
penig

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:41:45 AM

Are you sure about that?  It may be treated as a capital gain and taxed as an asset, or if you trade regularly it may be treated as income and taxed as such.
Cakalasia

Activity: 162

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:33:48 AM

Are you sure about that?  It may be treated as a capital gain and taxed as an asset, or if you trade regularly it may be treated as income and taxed as such.

Having a taxation to bitcoin are good to development and it will help to our government through paying tax.
But we hope that the government don't corrupt it and didn't used the taxes for the politics.
russaa8 (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 11:37:45 AM

Now the tax system is very complicated. It is necessary to study more than 1000 pages of text and rules, that would be right to pay taxes. This makes this system entangled, it provides an opportunity for tax evasion and avoidance of responsibility. If bitcoin becomes a world currency, he can fix it.
Pain Packer

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:38:18 AM

By putting tax on bitcoin, I hope that they can improve the system. As long as they can improve the transaction fees and the system. But legalizing it means that they can gain control over it thus creating a monopoly of price.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Cryptoipad

Activity: 260

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 09:05:26 AM

I have discussion about think generating a tax deduction for the market value without having to pay tax on the appreciation.crypto from Bitcoin, would have to give tax. He further said that their source of income would also be asked and if they don't pay tax, action will be taken against them.To simplify things, we are only talking about bitcoin here, but note that these general guidelines apply to other cryptocurrencies as well. Also, none of this is legal advice, so if you have specific questions, it’s best to consult with a tax decision of profit to btc.there are  bitcoin holdings are not taxable but any time you sold bitcoin or used it to buy something, you were accruing taxable income.
keycellko

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 09:17:25 AM

I think its ok to put tax on bitcoin. Afterall it is called income. All income we have we are entitled to pay the government portions of that earnings. In order to avoid government with IRS, for the government to make sure your assets are legit. I think its best we come to trrms with what the government want regarding taxation.
russaa8 (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:23:48 AM

I think its ok to put tax on bitcoin. Afterall it is called income. All income we have we are entitled to pay the government portions of that earnings. In order to avoid government with IRS, for the government to make sure your assets are legit. I think its best we come to trrms with what the government want regarding taxation.

To be honest, I'm very tired of the government. They do everything to make the people happy. Nothing has changed in 10 centuries. Most people sell themselves to be slaves who work for food and clothing. I think that the crypto currency will be able to change this world and make it more fair. But I'm not happy with the fact that the government wants to name everything under control.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: