Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:42:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How should I implement p2p selling of online goods?  (Read 129 times)
bpwallace (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:51:56 AM

Hi there!

I am not a programmer nor am I as knowledgeable on this subject as I should be. I am in the middle of creating a website and want to implement peer to peer buying and selling without holding any of the crypto myself. In this case users sell something they designed to be used on my website and the buyers gain access to this item either permanently or for a certain time. Is this where smart contracts can help me? How would I go about this and what should I be educating myself on?

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
starmyc

Activity: 198
Merit: 130

Some random software engineer

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 01:26:02 PM

I'm not sure you need smart contracts. You just need to watch for transactions to complete.

One way to do it: Your seller will have to give its address to receive funds, and your buyer will have to send money to the seller address and to say you which is the transaction id of the transaction. You'll then be able to verify that transaction's value is equal to coins than must be spent and destination address, using a third party api.

Hi, I'm just some random software engineer.
You can check my projects: Bitcoin & altcoin balances/addresses listing dumps: https://balances.crypto-nerdz.org/
bpwallace (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:04:20 PM

I'm not sure you need smart contracts. You just need to watch for transactions to complete.

One way to do it: Your seller will have to give its address to receive funds, and your buyer will have to send money to the seller address and to say you which is the transaction id of the transaction. You'll then be able to verify that transaction's value is equal to coins than must be spent and destination address, using a third party api.

Thanks will look into it.
onurgozupek

Activity: 1284
Merit: 591

In #Bitcoin me trust

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 03:37:04 PM

There is a platform name OpenBazaar, you may want to check it. It's like the marketplace of goods which paid by crypto currencies. It's way better to build your own online store and run a server for it. Just add your goods. That's simple. You always keep your node close to you. It's also possible to run Openbazaar on your VPS but not necessary if you have an old computer/laptop...
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 04:57:46 PM

Yeah don't over-complicate this, it should be fairly easy to set up something without using smart contracts.
Are you building this website from scratch or are you using xsome kind of CMS? Perhaps there's a plugin that does most of the work for you?

I know that there are Wordpress extensions that have this exact functionality.

bpwallace (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:18:16 PM

Yeah don't over-complicate this, it should be fairly easy to set up something without using smart contracts.
Are you building this website from scratch or are you using xsome kind of CMS? Perhaps there's a plugin that does most of the work for you?

I know that there are Wordpress extensions that have this exact functionality.

From scratch!
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:28:01 PM

Hi there!

I am not a programmer nor am I as knowledgeable on this subject as I should be. I am in the middle of creating a website and want to implement peer to peer buying and selling without holding any of the crypto myself. In this case users sell something they designed to be used on my website and the buyers gain access to this item either permanently or for a certain time. Is this where smart contracts can help me? How would I go about this and what should I be educating myself on?

Thanks!
- Have you checked out a similar (much advanced) marketplace called OpenBaazar ? Please google it out.
 - You can do it with/without blockchain/smart contracts.Just that using a distributed ledger is always welcomed and gains massive support from the community.Of-course you have to go the decentralisation way.
 - You will find it difficult to code the entire project since you don't have a coding background.I suggest,advice more on the topic and I'm sure you will come across services which are doing the same.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: