Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:54:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which amazon aws server type is suited for staking altcoins  (Read 725 times)
aakashsangwan (OP)

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 08:51:00 PM

I have a few altcoins and I don't want to ruin my pc 24/7.
So I was thinking of buying an amazon aws windows server and host those wallets there.

So what kind of service should I purchase to do so? Huh

According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
erikpa

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:36:04 PM

Interesting... I'd like to know that too. Someone with more experience?
cpmcgrat

Activity: 223
Merit: 21

DCAB

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:21:36 AM

I have a few altcoins and I don't want to ruin my pc 24/7.
So I was thinking of buying an amazon aws windows server and host those wallets there.

So what kind of service should I purchase to do so? Huh

What coins are you specifically trying to work with? What are your requirements for redundancy/internet connectivity/network flow?

Member, Dero Community Advisory Board (DCAB)
sonic22

Activity: 144
Merit: 19

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:44:10 AM

If you only want to keep 2-3 wallets open then AWS free option would be enough for you. It'll be slow but it'll work.
cryptonomicon25

Activity: 460
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:49:15 PM

Coinsmarkets.com allows 24/7 staking if you store your coins on their exchange. I've never tried it but they do have support for many staking coins. It's risky to keep your coins on an exchange, though, so consider these risks first. You could also try hosting on a Raspberry Pi, they are cheap and cost very little electricity.
iminethereforeiam

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:09:41 PM

Coinsmarkets.com allows 24/7 staking if you store your coins on their exchange. I've never tried it but they do have support for many staking coins. It's risky to keep your coins on an exchange, though, so consider these risks first. You could also try hosting on a Raspberry Pi, they are cheap and cost very little electricity.

Raspberry Pi for staking sounds like a cool idea. Will give it a try.
r0botic

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 05:29:43 PM

I am going to stake nebl coins on AWS - anyone have experience with that? no idea hot to set it up. Looks like I need to do some web digging in to that..
dhouse

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:24:51 PM

yeah you don't need much to stake. anything windows with some decent ram is fine - i'm not so holding in AWS but staking doesnt need much power. I bought an old dell desktop to stake, found I needed more than 4 GB ram at a certain point when I was staking like 5+ coins, but other than that it works fine.
dhouse

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:29:28 PM

I am going to stake nebl coins on AWS - anyone have experience with that? no idea hot to set it up. Looks like I need to do some web digging in to that..

which part are you asking about, AWS or neblio staking?
paploo

Activity: 51

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 05:43:34 PM

I was wondering too, i doubt this is possible on aws free tier Grin
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:48:54 PM

aws is not a good choice if you fools read there fine print it says pretty much they will shut down anything that has to do with crypto that's running on there servers and that's mainly because all or most of the aws stuff is on SHARED RESOURCES meaning youll affect other users that are using services on the same server

fucking noobs that care not to read shit, hell if you browsed this forum enough youd find LOTS of people who say DONT USE IT cause they can and will shut that stuff down and even cancel accounts because that stuff they don't want running on there servers

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
4ward

Activity: 473
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:38:45 PM

t2.micro should be enough for staking a few wallets, and you can get that in the free tier for a year.
I would not suggest mining on it though, as t2 instance type is burstable, which means it's cpu is limited to a baseline of 10% average load.

I have not found any references that support the claim that AWS forbids any mining or cryptocurrency related activities.
You can also check the Acceptable Use Policy page
https://aws.amazon.com/aup/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: