Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:15:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it good or bad for bitcoin users ??  (Read 503 times)
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:17:02 AM

It's bad news, losing anonymity is going to make  alot of users change to more private coin and bitcoin also going to lose one of the purpose why its being created, if a lot of party keep on doing this,  all the users and investors could run away, some people used btc to hide their wealth so anonymity is very important
SnapDown22

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:17:42 AM

Snowden Leak Suggests NSA Is Extensively Tracking Bitcoin Users :The U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) has been reportedly monitoring the bitcoin blockchain with an eye on identifying users on the distributed network.

Link for details news:https://www.coindesk.com/nsa-reportedly-eyes-to-scrap-bitcoins-anonymity/
I think bitcoin has a good forward purpose, all bad results are people or groups with bad intentions and goals that make bitcoin bad All that depends on the person who runs and uses for what not bitcoin we have to judge for something bad
Manoharachan

Activity: 93
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:19:32 AM

I think it's good to use, because it will make it easier to handle and track if there is a hacker attack, and in the misuse of bitcoin by terrorists or also corruptors for money laundering.
abelmon66

Activity: 100
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:29:44 AM

For me personally I disagree with that way, because by monitoring the bitcoin users it becomes as if we are being watched with dissatisfaction for bitcoin users.
Menawi12

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:30:10 AM

Snowden Leak Suggests NSA Is Extensively Tracking Bitcoin Users :The U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) has been reportedly monitoring the bitcoin blockchain with an eye on identifying users on the distributed network.

Link for details news:https://www.coindesk.com/nsa-reportedly-eyes-to-scrap-bitcoins-anonymity/

I dont know its bad or not but as far i know, bitcoin is anonymity currency. But not surprising too when hear news that NSA monitoring transfer traffic around the world.

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
Dheo

Activity: 386
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 02:41:28 AM

I don't think it's a good or bad news because as far as I know bitcoin is anonymity digital currency.
Tracking bitcoin users ? How it's work?  I mean everyone can track as long as you know the wallet address. Honestly I think it's lossing a privacy to all users of bitcoin.
cryptojohnn7

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:22:01 PM

I don't think this is a good news. Because of this, the privacy of bitcoin users will get hampered. However, the only good thing will be hackers or different criminals can be identified through this.
passioncrypto

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 03:29:11 PM

I think NSA has been monitoring on people does not matter whether he or she is involved in bitcoin or not. And if they are doing so , I have not heard any offence about anyone who are using bitcoin. Rather I have found those people benefitted at the end of the day.
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 09:01:38 PM

I don't think it's a good or bad news because as far as I know bitcoin is anonymity digital currency.
Tracking bitcoin users ? How it's work?  I mean everyone can track as long as you know the wallet address. Honestly I think it's lossing a privacy to all users of bitcoin.
I do not think that still there is any solid reason for that, may be some people just want to spread propaganda against bitcoin and want to put some negative effect on bitcoin, but i am sure that they will never succeeded in their ambition and bitcoin will survive as anonymous currency forever.
Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:10:05 PM

The NSA will not track you down, unless you're involved in illegal activities. If you have nothing to hide, you're no target of the authorities and you ha e nothing to fear. So, if the NSA is hunting down criminals, it's for the good course and There's nothing to complain about.

Astermony

Activity: 373
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:26:04 PM

It depends on the purpose in my opinion. If they're using it as a way to track more hardened criminals then I'm all for it. If they're using it just to track everybody so they have greater information and transparency then that's a large invasion of privacy and peoples rights.
Yes I agree. In my opinion, bitcoin has advantages in every users. There's nothing wrong in using it. The disadvantages will occur when the user abused the capability bitcoin. So it means that it defends to the users if they make it good or bad.
ClownSpider

Activity: 570
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:30:13 PM

The NSA hasn't done anything productive to stop terrorists.
Ed Snowden is a fake, that nobody cares about, nobody tried to stop him.  It was all a publicity stunt to make the NSA sound like bad ass hackers, which they are not.

It is just a hipster FUN joke of a job, at US tax payer expense, to play with the blockchain.
Kez1817

Activity: 909
Merit: 17

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:43:45 PM

I think it has a good and bad impact to the bitcoiners. If NSA only track those bad and illigal activities in crypto then it is good but if NSA wants to track every bitcoin users for their own good and to force people pay tax then it is bad because bitcoin users has the right to hide their identity because bitcoin has a nature of anonimity.

Corsicoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

CryptoSport

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 12:07:32 PM

As a matter of fact, bitcoin users are insteresting people... I think it's a good thing!
Switching from crazy people to interesting people without changing your way of thinking means you were right from the beginning!

Hodl my friends...

BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:18:09 PM

Ofcourse it's not good, as most of the bitcoin users don't pay taxes as they should because it's hard to tax bitcoin at most countries.

Steps against bitcoin users is never a good move for bitcoin as it never mean that the US is doing steps to regulate bitcoin, they are doing steps to make it harder to use bitcoin and to catch bitcoins users.

If it keeps on going, people will be afraid to use bitcoin because they won't want to be tracked by their local government.
Hopefully US will understand that it's almost impossible to do that track and will just let it go.

TeraBitHoven

Activity: 143

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:25:14 PM

The bad thing that may happen is that users are no more anonymous meaning they can be tracked, they can meddle on users and enforce rules. The good thing is that crimes with bitcoin including scams can now be monitored.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:31:18 PM

our privileged being here is our privacy,though anonymity is not indeed in every transaction we made..if this action is doing by the NSA to prevent the illegal usage of bitcoin and same as the linking to the terrorist i guess i had no opposition but they must sure that the not affected individual will remain their life privacy and the profiteering..because we know how massive is the issue of our community here has been used by illegal activities
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:38:45 PM

Ofcourse it's not good, as most of the bitcoin users don't pay taxes as they should because it's hard to tax bitcoin at most countries.
It's not hard to tax Bitcoin at all. Everyone is legally obliged to pay tax, where the main point of discussion is how free willing people are to do so. Short answer; not. If you make use of centralized services, and avoid paying tax, the government should be following you, because that's their job, which in the long run, they carry out successfully, because you can't keep running endlessly. The service you have made use of, or even verified yourself at, has all the data the government needs to still force you to pay tax, friendly or not so friendly.

If it keeps on going, people will be afraid to use bitcoin because they won't want to be tracked by their local government.
Hopefully US will understand that it's almost impossible to do that track and will just let it go.
You focus on the government tracking Bitcoin users, but you should be more afraid of how they already have access to everything you do on your computer and smartphone.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 01:39:38 PM

I think it's on the warmer side. Not entirely good nor bad. One thing, that could address the problem about security and terrorist use. One the other side, it will lessen the anonymity that attracted a lot of people to crypto. For me, a compromise would have to be made for btc to move forward well into the future

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:06:08 PM

Hi,

Not really a good or bad news actually...

We know now that the NSA can actually monitor and control almost everything. Of course, they must chose between everything they potentially track, but still they have access to most information and there is no one to ensure of what is done out of these info.

Regarding bitcoin specifically, though, I'd say that this is no a surprise. And as we are aware that everything is tracked...

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: