Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:15:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Price?!  (Read 4171 times)
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 01:48:36 PM

I don't get why people are so freaked out about Gox still. Are there people who can get their money out? FUCKING YES, so stop bitching. Sure, most small traders have to sell on another exchange. But the whales are doing just fine and anyone in Japan is doing just fine. If it were a problem we'd see equal sells on other exchanges due to folks cashing out, and we likely do hence the spread, and price is still rising on all exchanges. So STFU. "It's all gox" is just as annoying as "Omg 10% spread, the higher exchange is automatically fake," and "OMG 0% trading fees, therefore ALL the china volume is fake therefore BTC price is fake therefore the rally is fake therefore CRAAAASH." If there is a 10% spread, why don't we assume the lower exchange is 5% "too low" and the other is 5% too high? That's too complicated so we have all these "Goxbux are fake" comments. They're not fake if you live in japan or are rich. Again, HENCE THE FUCKING SPREAD, it's there for a reason, people selling Goxbux and buying CampBXbux or Stampbux or BTC-ebux.

So anyways now that we've got that nonsense cleared up, here is the good news:
-SR rebound shows resilience and schools the "bitcoin rides on silk road" fagtards
-Debt ceiling and shutdown bullshit slightly weakens confidence in fiat
-Increased capital controls in U.S. placed by private banks (significantly reduced accesibility/increased price for int'l wires, doing away with them for most customers)
-Moneera startup operating from financial-business-friendly Uruguay promises full suite of BTC services including sending/receiving via SMS
-One of Baidu's services (Jiasule, a hosting service IIRC) accepts BTC (but not Baidu itself)
-Winklevoss ETF not approved yet, but template page has shown up on trading sites. Appears to be moving forward. This is more long-term bullish.
-Increased activity in China
-Xinwen Lianbo appearance (basically means that the communist party in China doesn't hate BTC and wouldn't mind if chinese folk bought a few. Xinwen Lianbo is more or less the state news program.)

Conclusion: 2 Da Moon!

Sorry for breaking your balls bro. Didn't knew you where so sensitive there...

Probably just annoyed since you were only parroting the same FUD we've been hearing for months.  Try some original thought sometime.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:18:32 PM

[snip]

Probably just annoyed since you were only parroting the same FUD we've been hearing for months.  Try some original thought sometime.

It's all just FUD, LALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU

If your point is that the line "gox dollars aren't even real money", that is thrown around thoughtlessly all the time, is as annoying as it is wrong, I agree. If your point is that mtgox is doing just fine and the withdrawal delays aren't really a big deal -- well, believe whatever you want.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
notme
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:33:49 PM

[snip]

It's all just FUD, LALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU

If your point is that the line "gox dollars aren't even real money", that is thrown around thoughtlessly all the time, is as annoying as it is wrong, I agree. If your point is that mtgox is doing just fine and the withdrawal delays aren't really a big deal -- well, believe whatever you want.

Yes, delays are very real for small traders in some regions.  But people have been screaming about the sky falling in every fucking thread for months.  We should be crushed by now.

Asrael999

Activity: 703
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:47:58 PM

[q
Yes, delays are very real for small traders in some regions.  But people have been screaming about the sky falling in every fucking thread for months.  We should be crushed by now.
[/quote]

Just because the sky hasn't hit you yet, doesn't mean it isn't falling.
notme
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:29:55 PM

Yes, delays are very real for small traders in some regions.  But people have been screaming about the sky falling in every fucking thread for months.  We should be crushed by now.

Just because the sky hasn't hit you yet, doesn't mean it isn't falling.

Cool.  Can we get back on topic?

Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:47:18 PM

Back on topic: according to the scenario where the peak of wave 5 was 233$, we should be seeing more large drops.
IF those drops fail to happen, then IMO the 233$ peak wasn't wave 5, but just wave 3, and we are probably heading for a new ATH.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 10:23:47 PM

Tzupy, is that just another way of saying, we just don't know where we are going?  Grin

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 07:03:20 AM

- Silk Road closed, a lot of news about this on worldwide TV. Also good news because you are not full anonymous with bitcoin.

I dare to say youre full anonymous with bitcoin if you connect through Tor. And being anonymous is good news, not bad news as you say.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
Tzupy
Legendary

Merit: 1074

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 07:13:42 AM

Tzupy, is that just another way of saying, we just don't know where we are going?  Grin

No, it means we'll know for sure which way we are going very soon, at least for China.
To me it looks like we already are in the 3rd sub-sub-wave of the first sub-wave of wave 5.
Only if the market mass panics this may morph into something else, and we'll crash again, but I doubt it.
If we were on a descending trend there would only be 2 sub-sub-waves. The third means we still are
on an ascending trend, which includes some drops, but could reach 300$ at the peak.
How Gox can reach 300$, that I can't yet imagine, maybe China will drag other markets up.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 07:56:07 AM

So far I have not seen anyone successfully predict anything about bitcoin using EW theory. Maybe we should just give up on that.
theecoinomist

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 08:25:06 AM

Also good news because you are not full anonymous with bitcoin.

You can be fully anonymous if you want to, using tor.

Wow. I feel bad for all the newbs that believe this -- it seems to be a prevalent attitude.

but, but... the 6th member from lulzsec?  Shocked

BldSwtTrs
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 08:46:43 AM

Back on topic: according to the scenario where the peak of wave 5 was 233$, we should be seeing more large drops.
IF those drops fail to happen, then IMO the 233$ peak wasn't wave 5, but just wave 3, and we are probably heading for a new ATH.
So if the price doesn't go down it will go up.

Amazing.
superresistant
Legendary

Merit: 1120

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 08:59:15 AM

So if the price doesn't go down it will go up.
Amazing.

Haha. Welcome to  Economics > Speculation.
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 11:32:11 AM

You lost me at "sub sub wave".

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4421

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 10:58:26 PM

good news because you are not full anonymous with bitcoin.

Good news?  Huh

Good news would be the implementation of Zerocoin.
log2exp

Activity: 174
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 03:32:46 PM

How about another way to calculate the maximum value of 1 BTC, just for the kicks. It is based on the cost of 51% network overtake. If someone/gov can accumulate enough computing power to execute this attack, people doing the transactions will be affected, hence the confidence shattered. If the attacker can execute this attack on weekly or daily basis...

Formula is simple: $/TH * total network TH / total BTC mined

Let's take CoinTerra $3000/TH * 4000TH / 12000000 = $1/BTC, to overtake 51% is not at a forbidden cost.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 04:25:57 PM

How about another way to calculate the maximum value of 1 BTC, just for the kicks. It is based on the cost of 51% network overtake. If someone/gov can accumulate enough computing power to execute this attack, people doing the transactions will be affected, hence the confidence shattered. If the attacker can execute this attack on weekly or daily basis...

Formula is simple: $/TH * total network TH / total BTC mined

Let's take CoinTerra $3000/TH * 4000TH / 12000000 = $1/BTC, to overtake 51% is not at a forbidden cost.

*sigh*

That's like saying "the total cost of all the gold in the world = the money necessary to hire a fleet of small motor scooters to carry it to my hidden lair".

You are describing a possible, but far from certain attack vector on the network in general, the existence of which might or might not influence the current price (assuming enough traders are aware of it, and agree with your analysis), but concluding that the cost of the (hypothetical) attack sets the upper limit to the total valuation of btc is such a naive view of how markets work (and, as a prerequisite, how the human mind works) that I actually regret bothering and typing up this reply.

Meh.

*posts anyway*

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: