Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:25:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I invest $70,000 in Bitcoin? How should I do it?  (Read 5404 times)
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:53:09 AM

be safe. make sure you only get assets with no counter-party risk and diversify. maybe 33% in bitcoin, 33% in gold, and 33% in silver. for example.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 04:54:47 AM

Here is what I recommend. Spend 35 thousand in a stable stock and keep the other 35 thousand. Bitcoin may crash anytime soon so be ready to buy when it does.

bitthedust

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 12:17:16 PM

nobody can tell you what BTC will do in the coming years but if you look to other developments the last few years (Facebook and Twitter beat social life, Whatsapp beat text messaging, Skype beat paying for phone calls) This makes me hope BTC and cryptos as a decentralized system will take over the powerful people who decide what my dollars and euros are worth.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 01:29:34 PM

It's dangerous to go all in in bitcoin. Just put 10-20%.

That is highly dependent on a lot of things.
NightOwlMiner

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:02:55 PM

Thats a good amount of money to work with , many options there would i invest all that into bitcoin mining or buy them ? I wouldnt buy them find a reliable place to buy your mining gear . Try 10k to 20k to start for the investment next buy some gold to park that capital into not all but a chunk this would be good for future . The main thing is if you dont buy your shoes to run you wont be in the race so its pay to play go for it . and i see many say multiple baskets with your money . Over 20 years has brought me to the conclusion that is the only way to make money consistently baskets fail and so i always keep my eye on new baskets to add to my income . In the end its a personal choice   for sure you just need ot make one , Peace
nviere

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:30:20 PM

First of all, only invest an amount you can lose. The BitCoin price is going up steadily, but it can crash just as any other market.
If you do invest in BitCoins and want to get more out of it I would advice you to buy some shares from a stable company.

The first reply is immidiately the most important one
pinger
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin - Resistance is futile

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 08:35:30 AM

Invest $35,000 in Bitcoin and $35,000 in Litecoin. 10 years later WOHOOO...
and lose that investment in litecoin, smart move.

+1 invest in Litecoin is higher risk than Bitcoin.

For rent
KamaHomeless

Activity: 29

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 08:49:01 AM

ultimately it is your parent's money, so you should check with them, but I would say 10-20% in bitcoins, and the rest in stable stocks/bonds/savings portfolio... the return is nice on bitcoins, but tomorrow the price could be 2 dollars per bitcoin... there is no way to tell unfortunately. It also depends where you are, because if you are in the US and the US tries to outlaw it like they did with online poker, you might run into some trouble liquidating your funds.
Klubknuckle

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 11:15:29 AM

Invest $35,000 in Bitcoin and $35,000 in Litecoin. 10 years later WOHOOO...
and lose that investment in litecoin, smart move.

+1 invest in Litecoin is higher risk than Bitcoin.

At the current price it seems that Bitcoin is higher risk compare to litecoin...

Birdy

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 11:32:02 AM

At the current price it seems that Bitcoin is higher risk compare to litecoin...
There are tons of altcoins that cost way less than Litecoins, does that make them less risky?
(hint: no, this is only one parameter of the equation)
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 11:55:44 AM

The LiteCoin price drops when BitCoin increases (I have seen that multiple times), so investing in LiteCoins seems like a stupid move if you ask me. I burnt my hands twice on them. I never ever want to have LiteCoins again (except as collateral for a loan when the price is steady / the total value is much higher then the loan value).

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
Klubknuckle

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 12:19:09 PM

The LiteCoin price drops when BitCoin increases (I have seen that multiple times), so investing in LiteCoins seems like a stupid move if you ask me. I burnt my hands twice on them. I never ever want to have LiteCoins again (except as collateral for a loan when the price is steady / the total value is much higher then the loan value).

Well, when Bitcoin price drop Litecoin increase. So the risk is just the opposite....

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 12:22:04 PM

Well, when Bitcoin price drop Litecoin increase. So the risk is just the opposite....
I think Bitcoin won't drop that much anymore. Just look at the SilkRoad price recovery.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 12:22:51 PM

I have never held more than ~$25 worth of Litecoin but as I do recall Goat made a ridiculous amount of money buying Litecoins when Bitcoin went up a lot (and Litecoin down) and reversing the the process when it was the other way around. if you expect the 1:50 ratio as XAU:XAG than there is money to be made right now. I'm not planning on buying more Litecoin however, I'm busy watching the basket in which I put my Bitcoins like a hawk Wink
Klubknuckle

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 01:00:12 PM

I think Bitcoin won't drop that much anymore. Just look at the SilkRoad price recovery.

Who knows, china might just dump Bitcoin and decided to have fun on the cheap alt-coins..

sirlev

Activity: 21

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 02:44:12 AM

It is hard to give advice on this without knowing what your goal is.  Are you in it for a long haul (years? decades?) Or is this a 6 month thing...
I have a good idea of what *I* would do, but I probably have completely different goals and circumstances.
Andrew Thomas

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 03:26:22 AM

I am about to receive $70,000 in a couple days. My parents want me to put it into an investment account, but I am thinking about investing in BITCOIN. Do you think that I should do this? What would be the best way to invest in BITCOIN? How long should I keep it invested? What is my probability of loosing money? Thanks a lot for your opinion.

Be careful. Invest in BTC and LTC as a backup. I would split 70/30 BTC/LTC. Buying a large mining rig as well.
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 03:42:51 AM

So do you have it in your hand already?
ekiro

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 04:11:16 AM

I am about to receive $70,000 in a couple days. My parents want me to put it into an investment account, but I am thinking about investing in BITCOIN. Do you think that I should do this? What would be the best way to invest in BITCOIN? How long should I keep it invested? What is my probability of loosing money? Thanks a lot for your opinion.
Put half of it into BTC. Buy coins. Don't waste it on hardware. The other half spend wisely on crap you need. If your serious about investing it all, then do it in BTC if you wish to have a large return in short time. You may also want to invest in Apple.
Lancelot19

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 04:52:31 AM

I've invested over $100,000 in bitcoin over time through both buying BTC and hardware. It's not black or white, so to just say all hardware is worthless is kinda narrow minded but same goes for buying btc. The reason you may get a huge return so fast could be the same reason you lose very fast. Volatility can be bad also.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: