Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:06:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anatomy of stolen 65000 USD money by HitBTC  (Read 208 times)
mehceh (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:58:02 PM

I will share some information with you and asking some question. Your choice. I really tired.

1 Feb. 2018; ticket #224572 opened with withdraw problem XMR and HitBTC ID is 434102a8-44b7-466b-b066-5cdb89ac9448

- I sent requested selfie
- I sent full of my knowledge about source
- I sent International Identitiy Card who is sent my whole balance.
- I sent again requested new selfie with given new background photo.
- I sent more info, founded about source.
- I sent my own Identity Card because of they want to mine, not my friend nor source
- I sent new ethereum transaction id which is contain data 'Yes, #224572 ticket owner proven for KYC' but they was not accept that
- I sent my ethereum address private key for proof of ownership but ignored
- I sent credentials of my another exchange sites because wanted from me with detailed username and password

They not solve my ticket and said; we can't accept these for KYC.
Now, I gave up.

Just asking; why do they keep the money? just send back the original funds or don't accept before opening account.
However...

If you solve that ticket, i will share everywhere with contains 'I am sorry' OR Please accept that; Fck you!
You are fckd up my life.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
allahabadi

Activity: 952
Merit: 166

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:49:59 PM

I have always avoided HitBTC like the plague, not the first time they've been dishonest.

I cannot fathom how so many people still trade on it  Huh
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1965

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:56:31 PM

I have always avoided HitBTC like the plague, not the first time they've been dishonest.

I cannot fathom how so many people still trade on it  Huh

Oh man - 65k on that shitty exchange? I hate to say it, but you kinda asked for that... Cryptopia is another to avoid. Support turnaround is currently at 30 days per ticket.

You should hire an attorney, depending on where you reside you may be able to get the money that way?

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
mehceh (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:30:44 AM

reddit link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hitbtc/comments/85wawk/anatomy_of_stolen_65000_usd_money_by_hitbtc/
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:21:49 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2018, 01:48:48 AM by warningsigns

Don't simply give up. USD 65000 is not a petty amount. You should continue to push towards a solution, even if it involves fees for returning the money to you. If this exchange refuses to acknowledge and accept your KYC credentials, demand that the money be returned to the account it originated from. Don't give these scammers the benefit of using all that money for a Tahiti or Maldives luxury trip!

Bombard them day and night with reminders to resolve this issue. Confront them aggressively on every social media channel they use. Expose them. That's what I would do, if I were in your shoes.

mehceh (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:28:12 AM

Don't simply give up. USD 65000 is not a petty amount. You should continue to push towards a solution, even if it involves fees for returning the money to you. If this exchange refuses to acknowledge and accept your KYC credentials, demand that the money be return to the account it originated from. Don't give these scammers the benefit of using all that money for a Tahiti or Maldives luxury trip!

Bombard them day and night with reminders to resolve this issue. Confront them aggressively on every social media channel they use. Expose them. That's what I would do, if I were in your shoes.

i asked and asking again, again and again...
OK, what if i my KYC unsuccessful, what will be my balance ? -- no answer --

2 months. Really tired.
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1965

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:58:06 AM

Don't simply give up. USD 65000 is not a petty amount. You should continue to push towards a solution, even if it involves fees for returning the money to you. If this exchange refuses to acknowledge and accept your KYC credentials, demand that the money be return to the account it originated from. Don't give these scammers the benefit of using all that money for a Tahiti or Maldives luxury trip!

i asked and asking again, again and again...
OK, what if i my KYC unsuccessful, what will be my balance ? -- no answer --

2 months. Really tired.

Get an attorney or just move on then. Sounds like you are being scammed. Sorry! Tongue

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
mehceh (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:10:59 AM

in my country; crypto currency is not acceptable for crime cases.
another problem is if you want to start an international investigation; you simply can't. No one cares that situation.
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:58:55 AM

in my country; crypto currency is not acceptable for crime cases.
another problem is if you want to start an international investigation; you simply can't. No one cares that situation.

Cambodia. In this country I live in (which is not my country of citizenship) bitcoin is banned by the central bank. The country's entire commercial banks were advised to close accounts of customers suspected of dealing or trading in cryptocurrencies. So I can imagine if anyone here becomes a victim of a crime or any situation where bitcoins are stolen or robbed, the criminal will not face any charges and will get away scot-free. Bitcoin is simply not recognized here. This is a country where you really want to use a robust wallet with strong security protocols in place. Reporting a bitcoin theft to the police here will only worsen the situation.

It's not just banned but also illegal for this country's citizens to own, use and trade bitcoins.

Bitcoins in Cambodia

I wonder where HitBTC is based and if one can remotely retain a lawyer in that country to look into a case of fraud. USD 65k is a seriously immense amount of money.

hitbtc

Activity: 525
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2018, 02:17:53 PM

mehceh, your request is currently being reviewed by our team. Please stay tuned for further updates on your ticket.

It might take a while, as for reaching out to other crypto services for confirmation usually is the slowest part of the process. To speed up the process and resolve the issue, we would suggest you to provide as accurate and full information as possible in response to our support messages.

(Please don't send your private keys to anyone, even to us.)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: