Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:49:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Pigeoncoin (PGN) – a cryptocurrency network with a new X16S (shuffle) algo  (Read 618422 times)
neonnexus

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 08:32:05 AM

Critical Wallet Update

Our latest wallet that includes the 5% block reward dev fund miner fee/tax is now live and ready for download (https://github.com/Pigeoncoin/pigeoncoin/releases/tag/v16.00.1b).
Please download and update your wallets before we reach block 420,000. Binaries are available for Linux, Windows and Mac.

Wallet Download Link: https://github.com/Pigeoncoin/pigeoncoin/releases/tag/v16.00.1b
Multisig Address: rQG3D3nzy3jfFxugbmUoZ9LhjpeJ4vrYbR
Start Block: 420,000
End Block: 1,420,000

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptopool.builders
Copper Member

Activity: 344

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2019, 05:07:14 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2019, 07:48:52 PM by cryptopool.builders

Come and mine Pigeoncoin on https://thepool.life

-a x16s -o stratum+tcp://mine.thepool.life:7498 -u WALLET -p c=PGN

• Multiple world-wide stratum servers to give you the best mining experience you can get.
  • 0.05% mining fee on all coins that we offer.
  • Payouts are made automatically every hour for all balances above 0.0125.
  • Multi server configuration running on dedicated hardware.
  • Dedicated support staff.
  • Join our Discord Channel!

We have dropped our mining fee to 0.05% on all coins! Happy mining!
neonnexus

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 01:03:06 AM

Attention Pool Operators - Critical Pool Update - YIIMP Based Pools

Critical Pool Update - YIIMP Based Pools

All yiimp based pools will need to update before block 420,000 in order to remain compatible with Pigeoncoin's latest block reward update. Added founder reward:

https://github.com/tpruvot/yiimp/pull/342
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 06:32:18 PM

Do you guys have idea if what hashrate you can get if I mine this coin with GTX 1080ti with solo mining?
I was planning to mine solo with my own rigs and server.

I hope someone could guide me to solo mining this coin as I want it to mine solo because I feel that pools are getting more than I mine.
WickedPigeon

Activity: 345
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 06:51:16 PM

The firewall is disabled ... the walled was restarted after the config file was saved. I`ve tried this

Code:
ccminer -a x16s --no-gbt --no-stratum -o http://127.0.0.1:8757 -u username -p pass

but still dosen`t work!

Well it looks like solo mining is disabled for this coin. Though I'm not 100% sure because I'm mining this on a pool and haven't tried solo mining.

I, too, recommend that you try to mine this on a pool. It's quite like solo mining and the rewards (minus the pool fee) are roughly the same.

So i`ve managet to make it run :

conf file :

Code:

rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=password
rpcbind=192.168.1.100:8756 (change to you ip)
rpcallowip=192.168.1.1/24
server=1
daemon=1
listen=1

CCMiner

Code:
ccminer.exe -a x16s -o http://192.168.1.3:8756 -u user -p, --pass=password --coinbase-addr=your pigeon coin adress

Congrats!

So solo mining is not disabled for this coin. You just need to connect to your wallet through your LAN instead of the 'localhost', hence using 192.168.x.x instead of 127.0.0.1.

Thanks for sharing your findings here!

Here is an older post for solo mining. I did it for a while and hit a couple of coins.
If you can't work through the conf file and set up code, then try BSOD.PW. They have a Solo option that is available for PGN.

“How did you go bankrupt?” Bill asked.

“Two ways,” Mike said. “Gradually and then suddenly.”
crairezx20
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 01:57:12 AM

Here is an older post for solo mining. I did it for a while and hit a couple of coins.
If you can't work through the conf file and set up code, then try BSOD.PW. They have a Solo option that is available for PGN.

I tried this but it looks like the trex miner doesn't support solo if I use the ccminer it gives me low hashrate compared to trex miner.

Anyway, Thanks for suggestion and maybe I can use this setup in new coins someday if I found another good altcoin to mine early.
assoil

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 01:27:54 PM

One year ago Pigeoncoin was publicly launched.  I have been very interested in Ravencoin since it was just an idea being passed around at Bitcoin conferences.  PGN was a fork of RVN and I only noticed it due to that fact. Immediately after PGN project was public knowledge I noticed what most experienced crypto folks would, that the project was premined (~100,000,000 coins) by a group before giving the public a chance to get in on the ground floor.  The response to pointing this unfairness out was very hostile but also a barely believable admission 'We were young in experience and naive'.  I believe bringing this up might have been among the first reasons given to ban me from that community.  I evaded the ban, because I had mined a little PGN to play around with and wanted to have some fun advising these newcomers on how to run a project I have a small investment in.  

Crypto is a well paying hobby to me.  I've learned a lot from my time building market tools for PGN that will help me in all of my market activities.  I am very grateful that I've spent the time learning more of the economics of PoW mining with the PGN parties (wild difficulty swings due to the Satoshi difficulty retarget system that they waited FOREVER to fix against my advice) and later on with mining arbitrage.  I've been involved with almost a dozen crypto projects and have seen quite a bit of both good and bad ideas.  I've advised crypto projects both big and small in market capitalization under various pseudonyms for the past 4 years of my life in official and unofficial capacities.  This is by far the most inexperienced group I have worked with to date, but I was still having a lot of fun sharing my opinions and watching them come true despite being banned repeatedly for sharing them.  

Eventually the bans stopped and I decided to help their lead developer with an introductory paper to the idea of a decentralized social network built on top of masternodes.  Unfortunately they never had any time to put into it, and while we both had different ideas about how the protocol should look, the only idea that ended up on paper was my own.  Just prior to me publishing the paper for my own idea, The Flamingo Social Protocol, I became a PGN community representative.  I thought this may give me a platform for my ideas to better be heard and hopefully to help the project, but it became very symbolic in nature after seeing how my objections were so easily disregarded by the a majority of reps without much discussion concerning an upcoming release.  They wanted to rush it, and it ended up being a shit show like I had said it would be.  'At least the project didn't die' they said.  It was pretty infuriating watching these folks so nonchalantly almost kill our meager investment in the project.

The lead developer claimed that the Flamingo developers wouldn't be able to build their vision for the protocol due to a concern over a very minor part of the protocol, which ironically enough has since been solved by choosing the correct code base to start with and protocol architecture.  The work has already been done for us thanks to open source software and a bit of creative thinking.  I tried getting them to discuss the objection further to no avail.  The leading voice in the reps group took the objections as the gospel instead of applying any logic or trying to understand the objection better.  This was an unwinnable debate, from my view.  I volunteered the past year of my life to PGN because it was fun, and it's only common sense that I leave when that aspect of the project is gone, so this is my goodbye.

You can follow how the Flamingo Social Protocol evolves on our discord: https://discord.gg/qnxmHcM
Or follow our Bitcointalk PRE-ANN to stay current on our completely fair and public main-net launch here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5118193
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2019, 02:48:45 PM

One year ago Pigeoncoin was publicly launched.  I have been very interested in Ravencoin since it was just an idea being passed around at Bitcoin conferences.  PGN was a fork of RVN and I only noticed it due to that fact. Immediately after PGN project was public knowledge I noticed what most experienced crypto folks would, that the project was premined (~100,000,000 coins) by a group before giving the public a chance to get in on the ground floor.  The response to pointing this unfairness out was very hostile but also a barely believable admission 'We were young in experience and naive'.  I believe bringing this up might have been among the first reasons given to ban me from that community.  I evaded the ban, because I had mined a little PGN to play around with and wanted to have some fun advising these newcomers on how to run a project I have a small investment in.  

Crypto is a well paying hobby to me.  I've learned a lot from my time building market tools for PGN that will help me in all of my market activities.  I am very grateful that I've spent the time learning more of the economics of PoW mining with the PGN parties (wild difficulty swings due to the Satoshi difficulty retarget system that they waited FOREVER to fix against my advice) and later on with mining arbitrage.  I've been involved with almost a dozen crypto projects and have seen quite a bit of both good and bad ideas.  I've advised crypto projects both big and small in market capitalization under various pseudonyms for the past 4 years of my life in official and unofficial capacities.  This is by far the most inexperienced group I have worked with to date, but I was still having a lot of fun sharing my opinions and watching them come true despite being banned repeatedly for sharing them.  

Eventually the bans stopped and I decided to help their lead developer with an introductory paper to the idea of a decentralized social network built on top of masternodes.  Unfortunately they never had any time to put into it, and while we both had different ideas about how the protocol should look, the only idea that ended up on paper was my own.  Just prior to me publishing the paper for my own idea, The Flamingo Social Protocol, I became a PGN community representative.  I thought this may give me a platform for my ideas to better be heard and hopefully to help the project, but it became very symbolic in nature after seeing how my objections were so easily disregarded by the a majority of reps without much discussion concerning an upcoming release.  They wanted to rush it, and it ended up being a shit show like I had said it would be.  'At least the project didn't die' they said.  It was pretty infuriating watching these folks so nonchalantly almost kill our meager investment in the project.

The lead developer claimed that the Flamingo developers wouldn't be able to build their vision for the protocol due to a concern over a very minor part of the protocol, which ironically enough has since been solved by choosing the correct code base to start with and protocol architecture.  The work has already been done for us thanks to open source software and a bit of creative thinking.  I tried getting them to discuss the objection further to no avail.  The leading voice in the reps group took the objections as the gospel instead of applying any logic or trying to understand the objection better.  This was an unwinnable debate, from my view.  I volunteered the past year of my life to PGN because it was fun, and it's only common sense that I leave when that aspect of the project is gone, so this is my goodbye.

You can follow how the Flamingo Social Protocol evolves on our discord: https://discord.gg/qnxmHcM
Or follow our Bitcointalk PRE-ANN to stay current on our completely fair and public main-net launch here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5118193

interesting to see a btc talk thread ann so inactive that youre moving onto a different project yet named on the OP lol

oh bear market

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
assoil

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 03:10:44 PM

interesting to see a btc talk thread ann so inactive that youre moving onto a different project yet named on the OP lol

oh bear market

It's nothing to do with the activity on the bitcointalk thread.  PGN is actually a fairly active project if you mind the discord over the thread here.  The politics of the situation are pretty much summed up well in both locations.
neonnexus

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 05:27:37 PM

Pigeoncoin representatives from our Chinese community visited the new age mining industry forum in Chengdu to promote Pigeoncoin. It is the largest anniversary for Chinese miners, pools, dealers and exchanges. Initiated by Poolin.com, the forum attracted over 1000+ attendees, 70+ blockchain companies, 20+ blockchain media and 10+ miner manufacturers. PGN Chinese community members were invited to present the forum and promote PGN among miners and pools.https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/426188734858264583/561389451842945034/20190330111642.jpg?width=1157&height=688
AlecMe

Activity: 392
Merit: 159

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 01:46:55 AM

@ukepighetti you mentioned a while back that you have personal funding for 1 year to run the project.

This year has now passed, should I be worried or funding has been stabilized and PGN is going on ok?

Also, appreciate the honesty about the 26th of September

Thank you
R3D5H1RT
Copper Member

Activity: 69

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 09:57:40 PM

Code:
-a x16s -o stratum+tcp://mine.pool.sonox.io:3663 -u WALLET_ADDRESS -p c=PGN

Payouts every 4 hours, 1% fee

crairezx20
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 07:17:20 AM

The bull market is coming and I am sure the latest news about this will also push the price and hit $2 each soon.
 Grin

Happy April fools !!!
AlecMe

Activity: 392
Merit: 159

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 07:33:44 AM

The bull market is coming and I am sure the latest news about this will also push the price and hit $2 each soon.
 Grin

Happy April fools !!!

Not funny! I started to look for my wallet  Grin
neonnexus

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 11:25:00 PM

F2pool & PGN 6th Anniversary Giveaway

F2pool https://www.f2pool.com/ are giving away 1 million $PGN to their 10 dearest miners who leave the best comments. Check it out over on twitter:

https://twitter.com/f2pool_official/status/1128992691096678401

*Activity ends on May 30.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6r55R2UEAEcBz1.png
neonnexus

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 09:35:51 PM

New Pigeoncoin Bounty - 8m PGN for Multisig Wallet

We are offering 8,000,000 Pigeoncoin (PGN) for an open source multisig wallet that is capable of spending multiple inputs and performing batch transactions from our dev fund multisig address. It is a 4 of 7 multisig address that receives 250 PGN every minute (5%) from each block mined. A qualifying multisig wallet would enable easy spending of our dev funds without requiring the manual creation and signing of raw transactions.

The first multisig wallet created that successfully enables the representatives to securely send 8,000,000 Pigeoncoin to a provided test address will be the winner of the bounty. The simpler the process the better, however, the process can be multi staged and/or batch payments but spending 8 million coins should not take the representatives too long.

Our multisig dev wallet address: rQG3D3nzy3jfFxugbmUoZ9LhjpeJ4vrYbR

Check out our #bounties channel in our discord server: https://discord.gg/SZcf63h
EasyMinePools

Activity: 17

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2019, 11:41:54 PM

Easy Mine Pigeoncoin Pool: https://pigeoncoin.easymine.online

Low fees of 0.5%, automatic payouts, no registration, varDiff and fixed diff support, lots of stats, web-chat and supportive community Smiley.

Variable difficulty
Code:
 -a x16s -o stratum+tcp://x16s.easymine.online:7600 -u <Pigeoncoin-Wallet-Address>.<WorkerName>
Fixed difficulty
Code:
 -a x16s -o stratum+tcp://x16s.easymine.online:7600 -u <Pigeoncoin-Wallet-Address>.<WorkerName> -p d=<difficulty>
High difficulty (Nicehash compatible)
Code:
stratum+tcp://x16s.easymine.online:7605
Get started @ https://pigeoncoin.easymine.online/start  Cool
neonnexus

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 05:39:38 AM

We are pleased to announce that our multisig dev funds are now consolidated and spendable. We would like to extend our immense gratitude to Traysi from https://www.reddit.com/r/ritocoin/ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5076284.0) / https://minermore.com/ for his work on the Multisig Address Manager (https://github.com/traysi/MultiSigAddressManager) for which he has successfully been awarded our bounty (https://chainmapper.com/pgn/tx/8be6bffb9158abc73dcd42c05bdc62cfc88d9173dd09e574031d8370d2e99f71). We thank him for his professionalism, guidance and continued support. The Pigeoncoin community looks forward to future collaboration as time and resources permit.
neonnexus

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 09:19:16 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2019, 06:41:32 AM by neonnexus

Pigeoncoin has been added to MinerMore pool. 0% pool fees https://minermore.com/pool/PGN/

Code:
-a x16s -o stratum+tcp://pgn.minermore.com:4517 -u <wallet>.worker -p x
BlockMiner.me
Copper Member

Activity: 61

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2019, 01:29:54 AM

BlockMiner.me
1% Fee
Server Location Europe
Dedicated Port for each Coin !

Algo: x16s
Code:
stratum+tcp://blockminer.me:3663 -u YOUR_WALLET_ADDRESS -p c=PGN or d=128 (your diff) 

http://blockminer.me
https://discord.gg/3apXZFb

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: