Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:40:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zerohedge story on EBay and Bitcoin  (Read 1645 times)
Asrael999 (OP)

Activity: 703
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 11:20:18 AM

Ebay Expands Accepted Digital Currencies, Says PayPal May One Day Incorporate BitCoin

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-11-03/ebay-expands-accepted-digital-currencies-says-paypal-may-one-day-incorporate-bitcoin

its zerohedge so probably crock - but......

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 03:03:45 PM

its zerohedge so probably crock - but......

Err, the source is Financial Times, douchewad   Grin Grin

EDIT: Lately I've seen more bitcoin supporters in the ZH comments section. And the stackers are a little more reserved in their ignorant criticisms...
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 04:33:26 PM

this isn't anything new right? didn't ebay say something like this 6+ months ago? twiddling thumbs type stuff? better to post a news source and not a blog like zero hedge....
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 04:42:50 PM

There is far too much posting and not enough reading around here...

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
kehtolo

Activity: 707
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 05:22:33 PM

TL:DR!!

+1

The next 24 hours are critical!
BitcoinAshley

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 06:23:01 PM

better to post a news source and not a blog like zero hedge....

(1) This article was from Financial Times. Which you can easily figure out if you look at the article. 

(2) In the second post of the thread, the poster KINDLY informed the OP that this was, in fact, from a "Credible News Source (TM)" and ZeroHedge was not the primary source

!!!!

You have no excuse  Roll Eyes

(For the record, 90% of ZH posts are news presented from other sources except with Tylers' "Spin." The only notable exceptions are op-ed pieces which are not really presented as news articles anyways and do not present anything that is not already known - i.e. recently released market data, etc)

Indeed, my friend.
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 06:27:17 PM

better to post a news source and not a blog like zero hedge....

(1) This article was from Financial Times. Which you can easily figure out if you look at the article. 

(2) In the second post of the thread, the poster KINDLY informed the OP that this was, in fact, from a "Credible News Source (TM)" and ZeroHedge was not the primary source

!!!!

You have no excuse  Roll Eyes

(For the record, 90% of ZH posts are news articles with Tylers' "Spin." The only notable exceptions are op-ed pieces which are not really presented as news articles anyways and do not present anything that is not already known - i.e. recently released market data, etc)

Indeed, my friend.

no my point was that there is no reason to post spin from zero hedge. if there is anything to the news, we can speculate on it. but a blog post =/= threadworthy. so yes, i have an excuse for expressing an opinion, drop your attitude, geez.
BitcoinAshley

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 08:34:37 PM

no my point was that there is no reason to post spin from zero hedge. if there is anything to the news, we can speculate on it. but a blog post =/= threadworthy. so yes, i have an excuse for expressing an opinion, drop your attitude, geez.

OTOH, the FT article is behind a paywall and generally it is considered against forum etiquette to post news articles behind paywalls and expect that everyone can read them.

Also, people link to blog posts all the time. Get over it. We can still discuss a blog post and the author's opinion of the relevant subject. In fact, it happens all the time on the internet.

Grin Grin Grin

(As for the actual news article, it seems like the same thing they said 6 months ago. So, nothing important. Just another excuse to buy.)
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 08:40:27 PM

EDIT: Lately I've seen more bitcoin supporters in the ZH comments section. And the stackers are a little more reserved in their ignorant criticisms...

This is the real take away which makes the ZH re-post interesting. The tide is turning against the PM-only crowd. It seems like it is 50:50 on ZH now that Bitcoin deserves to be considered sound money alongside gold and silver. This is a major shift from March 2013 when the ZH commenters were almost unanimous that Bitcoin = ponzi.

Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 09:50:17 PM

...This is a major shift from March 2013 when the ZH commenters were almost unanimous that Bitcoin = ponzi.

Yeah, that was really irritating. Glad it's finally shifting.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
BitcoinAshley

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:29:22 AM

This is the real take away which makes the ZH re-post interesting. The tide is turning against the PM-only crowd. It seems like it is 50:50 on ZH now that Bitcoin deserves to be considered sound money alongside gold and silver. This is a major shift from March 2013 when the ZH commenters were almost unanimous that Bitcoin = ponzi.

Thanks for pointing this out; yes this was the main thing I "got" from the article (funny how the comments section is more important than the article itself.)

And still, a lot of the arguments from the goldbugs against BTC are entirely incorrect i.e. based on the most basic misconceptions of BTC (for instance, that it's a ponzi despite not meeting the criteria for a ponzi, or underestimating the difficulty in stealing coins based on misinfo they read in an MSM news article.) This is a good thing! It indicates that overall, their resistance is not increasing. The "smart ones" have already hopped on the BTC wagon and are dutifully stacking "electrons" as well as metal, while the dumb ones will keep making their tired old arguments until they get beat over the head with reality.

Continuing visible acceptance in the "diehard gold bug ZH commenter community" is definitely bullish.
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 04:56:48 AM

Realizing that forums and comments are taking over from mainstream journalism/analysis is yet another aspect of decentralization. The comments are more important than the article.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: