Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:32:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I got back my faith in Blockchain.info  (Read 5960 times)
koelen3 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 08:54:42 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2013, 01:18:40 AM by koelen3

So, yesterday morning I made a new address on my Blockchain.info wallet on my iPhone.
So a new address has been created, I send a payment of BTC0.58051 to my new created wallet.
As soon as I see on blockchain.info I get an unconfirmed transaction, my BTC addresses disappear on my iPhone.
I start to panic and I see to my transactions, these have disappeared from my iPhone too.

My wallet has gone from my iPhone by now, so I look up my PC and try to log in to my Blockchain.info account.
I put my account details in and I get an error. 'Error Decrypting Wallet. Please check your password is correct.'
So I guess my password to be wrong, however I didn't change my password lately.

I try and use all my known password combinations but none of them seem to work.
I tried recovering my wallet with the latest backup I had with the password I always used on Blockchain.info and I was able to recover my wallet.
Now I tried using my received backup I got in my e-mail from Blockchain after making the new address but my password is just not working.

It's only BTC0.58051 but that's equal to almost a rough 90€ which is a lot to me.

I already had contact with Mandrik from Blockchain.info and he closed the help request after saying there is nothing they can do about this.
I lost all my hope in Blockchain.info's wallets and I'm now using another online wallet.
I hope nobody else will have the same problems as I did receive now.

I can refer to these problems users 'recently' had with Blockchain.info too:

- I lost 160 Bitcoins from my blockchain.info wallet!
 - Can't access my Blockchain.info's wallet anymore! <-- This is somehow the same problem I have
 - Complaints about blockchain.info's support

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
donut

Activity: 248
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 09:03:47 PM

>My BTC will always be stuck in this address...

>stole

If they are stuck, they aren't stolen. The address is not controlled by blockchain.info, the service does NOT know your private key. Your password isn't working because someone intercepted your email and changed it, most likely.
Blockchain_Helper

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 09:14:51 PM

We're extremely limited in what we can do for issues involving passwords not working. We can help track down lost identifiers, reset two factor authentication & IP locks, and even provide a history of backups for a user's wallet. Unfortunately if the password does not work then there is nothing more we can do. We have the lost password mnemonic page (https://blockchain.info/wallet/forgot-password?guid=). Whenever a password is changed by a user they need to make sure to note the new mnemonic. Otherwise the old password will still display when you enter the old mnemonic in. We certainly don't want people to lose access to their funds, so we try to offer as many backup plans as possible.
koelen3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 10:01:29 PM

Your password isn't working because someone intercepted your email and changed it, most likely.

Yeah right, how could anybody hack my e-mail that has a 15+ characters password with combined UPPER & LOW case and special signs...
This isn't the case as I could log in right before making a new address...

We're extremely limited in what we can do for issues involving passwords not working. We can help track down lost identifiers, reset two factor authentication & IP locks, and even provide a history of backups for a user's wallet. Unfortunately if the password does not work then there is nothing more we can do. We have the lost password mnemonic page (https://blockchain.info/wallet/forgot-password?guid=). Whenever a password is changed by a user they need to make sure to note the new mnemonic. Otherwise the old password will still display when you enter the old mnemonic in. We certainly don't want people to lose access to their funds, so we try to offer as many backup plans as possible.

I would've asked for a back-up right after and right before the new address was made.
But your support Mandrik closed the support thread.

But I just noticed he opened one again, thanks for that.
koelen3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 10:16:18 PM

I know a lot of bitcoin, it's just a mystery why my password stopped working after I made the new address on my wallet
Kenshin

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 10:22:02 PM

>stole

If they are stuck, they aren't stolen. The address is not controlled by blockchain.info, the service does NOT know your private key. Your password isn't working because someone intercepted your email and changed it, most likely.

How did someone intercepted your email. Oops, don't tell me people still don't use https for all connection.  Shocked
koelen3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 10:24:59 PM

>stole

How did someone intercepted your email. Oops, don't tell me people still don't use https for all connection.  Shocked

As I said, there is no  chance someone intercepted any of my mails.
My password isn't in a mail nor it would be the same.
justmyname

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 10:39:41 PM

I had trouble with leaking wallets. Come back after 8 hours or so and it would go down .2 BTC for example. No longer do business with them and I'm much better off.
bizz

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 10:52:06 PM

I highly doubt they stole your 0.58 btc like you say after they gave away 10 btc yesterday to 500k user.

Either you forgot/misstyped your pass (why don't you people use password manager like lastpass or keepass?) or you've been hacked (unlikely because coins would move).

But reading your post again it seems you actually created a new wallet and not just a new address. Check your emails for identifiers and make sure you have correct passwords for wallet(s) and you'll get your coins.

koelen3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 11:04:02 PM

I highly doubt they stole your 0.58 btc like you say after they gave away 10 btc yesterday to 500k user.

Either you forgot/misstyped your pass (why don't you people use password manager like lastpass or keepass?) or you've been hacked (unlikely because coins would move).

But reading your post again it seems you actually created a new wallet and not just a new address. Check your emails for identifiers and make sure you have correct passwords for wallet(s) and you'll get your coins.

Indeed, I don't say they stole 0.58BTC, but when I press on New address on my iPhone I assume I created a new address, right?
And I have notifications enabled when I send or receive bitcoins, why would I receive this confirmation otherwise?

Betaling is ontvangen
Een betaling is ontvangen in uw bitcoin portemonnee.

79cb356b760e3a46c1dbcd17d74519789e97383686858f539f6eb295c058c31a
1Jw5aFSjQ6z49U8acMgym6VnMmeu21obob
   1Pzdboz8miyB9fsmN3Fdr4b2iphRE1ncPA 0.58051 BTC
1 Bevestigingen 0.58051 BTC
Uw portemonnee id is: (hidden) - (Afmelden)

The ID in there is the same ID as always in the original mail, so...
koelen3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 11:08:31 PM

Also what's rare is this:

(hidden).aes.json   2013-10-29 23:51:54            1344   Import  <-- Mandrik has put the below backup up again on my wallet to access the other addresses
(hidden).aes.json   2013-10-28 11:25:55            1452   Import  <-- This Backup suddenly my password should be wrong ?!
(hidden).aes.json   2013-10-11 20:05:30           1324    Import

As I try to import the backup where my password should be wrong it keeps saying 'Error Decrypting Wallet. Please check your password is correct.'
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 11:14:13 PM

I know a lot of bitcoin, it's just a mystery why my password stopped working after I made the new address on my wallet

If you knew then you would know blockchain couldn't help you.
koelen3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 11:21:50 PM

Just another quick update.
I just made a new address on my blockchain.info wallet using my iPhone again.
As I try to log in my password isn't working anymore, I guess the problem is inside the iPhone app.
Anybody else that wants to test this with me?
rpg

Activity: 728

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 11:22:51 PM

>stole

As I said, there is no  chance someone intercepted any of my mails.
My password isn't in a mail nor it would be the same.

not connecting via HTTPS or falling victim to a man in the middle attack
koelen3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 11:26:23 PM

not connecting via HTTPS or falling victim to a man in the middle attack

I always use HTTPS

Could it be possible that the iPhone app has been compromised?
That if a user makes a new address it changes the user's pass immediately, send an e-mail to the 'hacker' and then he logs in to your account and then could steal all your Bitcoins stored in your other addresses?
Please take note of this Thinkpad.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 11:28:15 PM

Any wallet service provider that allows you to reset passwords over email has no idea what they're doing.

I just made a new address on my blockchain.info wallet using my iPhone again.

Did you make a new wallet?

Could it be possible that the iPhone app has been compromised?
That if a user makes a new address it changes the user's pass immediately?
Please take note of this Thinkpad.

This seems extremely unlikely. Are you jailbroken with OpenSSH installed, without changing the root password?
koelen3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 11:32:08 PM

This seems extremely unlikely. Are you jailbroken with OpenSSH installed, without changing the root password?

No, I press on new address in the My addresses tab using the backup Mandrik had restored on my account.
This created a new address, I now have added two, I can still view everything on iPhone, but I can't log in to my account on PC anymore.

No, my iPhone isn't jailbroken.
It's factory new and running on IOS7
bizz

Activity: 492

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 11:42:18 PM

No, I press on new address in the My addresses tab using the backup Mandrik had restored on my account.
This created a new address, I now have added two, I can still view everything on iPhone, but I can't log in to my account on PC anymore.

No, my iPhone isn't jailbroken.
It's factory new and running on IOS7

Well... that's ...weird. I think every new address makes wallet to sync with server. It is possible something is broken. I just tried but on android and works as usual.
koelen3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 11:52:40 PM

Well... that's ...weird. I think every new address makes wallet to sync with server. It is possible something is broken. I just tried but on android and works as usual.

I know, that's what happened yesterday, but I don't know what the problem could be.

My blockchain wallet works fine just made 3 addresses I have access to them both online desktop and my iphone.

Did you made 3 using your iPhone?
Is you iPhone connected to your laptop using the cable?

I now get the message on addresses on my iPhone:

No Addresses

Your account is probably not paired
correctly. Click the button in the top
left of the screen and follow the
instructions on the screen.

I'll post pictures of this later.

You now understand what happened and that I'm not a so called 'noob' or 'newbie'?
koelen3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 12:00:57 AM

I made 3 new address by hitting the new address, no it wasn't connected to my laptop at all. I don't see what is the problem is, I think your using two different wallet ids.

I don't know what the problem is either...
Try if you're connected to your laptop, I remember when it fucked up I had my iPhone connected to my laptop too.
How could I use two different wallet ID's? They are the same...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: