Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:20:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I got back my faith in Blockchain.info  (Read 5958 times)
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 06:02:30 AM

OP, how about you open your browser in your computer and access your blockchain.info wallet? starting to lose my faith too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
koelen3 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 08:45:08 AM

OP, how about you open your browser in your computer and access your blockchain.info wallet? starting to lose my faith too.

Well, yes, that's impossible, it says my password is wrong after I created a new address on my wallet using the iPhone app...
Frustrating as hell, I can't even get to my wallet using my iPhone app now...
piuk

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 01:06:04 PM

Import the backup Mandrik gave you into https://blockchain.info/wallet/import-wallet and make sure you can login to the new wallet through your web browser. Note down the new wallet identifier on paper. Now the iphone app will need pairing with the new wallet. Tap the logout button in the top left -> Click Pair Device -> Scan the QR code as instructed from the wallet you just logged in to.

koelen3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 01:20:58 PM

Import the backup Mandrik gave you into https://blockchain.info/wallet/import-wallet and make sure you can login to the new wallet through your web browser. Note down the new wallet identifier on paper. Now the iphone app will need pairing with the new wallet. Tap the logout button in the top left -> Click Pair Device -> Scan the QR code as instructed from the wallet you just logged in to.

I've done that already yesterday with Mandrik.
But my address with the BTC0.58051 on it isn't in that back-up so it's pointless.
Also, as soon as I make a new address on my iPhone my desktop account isn't synchronised with my iPhone anymore and my password will be wrong.
piuk

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 02:43:03 PM

Congratulations, you have discovered an obscure bug in the iphone app!

The issue is you have added a transaction note which contains a newline character. When the wallet is saved this is not properly escaped causing the json produced to be invalid. The iPhone app has not been updated since the notes feature was added so this was never tested.

Using the wallet details provided on zendesk I have restored the missing address (0.5 BTC) and deleted the offending note + added a 0.1 BTC bug bounty. So you should now be able to login again through the web interface and iphone app again.

The bug will be fixed next update.

EuroTrash

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:48:25 PM

OP, I suppose it's time to change the subject into "I RESTORED my faith in Blockchain.info"  Cheesy

<=== INSERT SMART SIGNATURE HERE ===>
keatonatron

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Jack of oh so many trades.

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:51:30 PM

OP, I suppose it's time to change the subject into "I RESTORED my faith in Blockchain.info"  Cheesy

I always love a happy ending.

1KEATSvAhbB7yj2baLB5xkyJSnkfqPGAqk
koelen3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:14:59 PM

Congratulations, you have discovered an obscure bug in the iphone app!

The issue is you have added a transaction note which contains a newline character. When the wallet is saved this is not properly escaped causing the json produced to be invalid. The iPhone app has not been updated since the notes feature was added so this was never tested.

Using the wallet details provided on zendesk I have restored the missing address (0.5 BTC) and deleted the offending note + added a 0.1 BTC bug bounty. So you should now be able to login again through the web interface and iphone app again.

The bug will be fixed next update.

I can confirm that I have received the bounty and my missing bitcoins.
Thank you for your time in investigating this problem.

Does this means my name will get somewhere in the credits or in an article you'll write about this error?
If so, that would be amazingly awesome!

OP, I suppose it's time to change the subject into "I RESTORED my faith in Blockchain.info"  Cheesy

I always love a happy ending.

Indeed, I will change the topic name :p
And I guess this is indeed a happy ending.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4578
Merit: 1276

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:51:07 PM

I would like to thank the OP for taking the time to explore this issue on a public forum.

Likewise, the dev team for participating, eventually identifying and solving the problem, and providing enough detail to be both interesting and helpful.

Likewise all of the participants who weighed in with comments.

This type of interaction is highly appreciated by at least one person who is a customer and feels a need to monitor the evolution of the solution in order to decide how best to adjust and protect the assets I have at risk under it.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
nthoangga

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

PLAYGAME.com

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 09:25:17 PM

Reading through the thread and other related threads I got the moral of the story is do not use the iphone app yet?

──────⟩   PLAYGAME   ⟨──────
WhitepaperPowering real economy in the gaming worldOnepager
Telegram ENG / IND GroupChannel ⟩──● MediumTwitterYouTube
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: