Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:57:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can regular people mine anymore  (Read 1182 times)
ashaksagnis

Activity: 630
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 04:10:57 PM

I started to learn some things about mining. It's true - now is a good time to mine Zcash?

It's not a good time to mine ZEC as they have not confirmed if they will be forking to fight the Equihash ASICs. Seems like a lot of GPU miners have dumped them to provide support for other coins.
didn't knowed that. thanks for info.
so what is the best choice at this moment for mining?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
treanski

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:32:38 PM

i dont know how its on equihash coins, but for cryptonight coins best time for mining was right after the antiasic fork block and it still is. all forked coins are very profitable for gpu miners again.

remauto1187ma

Activity: 234
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:37:44 PM

I started to learn some things about mining. It's true - now is a good time to mine Zcash?

It's not a good time to mine ZEC as they have not confirmed if they will be forking to fight the Equihash ASICs. Seems like a lot of GPU miners have dumped them to provide support for other coins.
thats ridiculous, now is the time! Difficulty has gone down or remained near the same.  It appears many have bailed out. I am making a killing!
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:43:46 PM

Your "it's not a good time" statement is extremely subjective.

If people stop mining ZEC then it will mean it will once again be profitable, if it is profitable then people will resume mining it. Sadly, thats how the world works and as long as something is profitable you can expect someone will try to make a quick buck out of it, regardless of actual support towards the coin.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: