Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:49:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [PROBLEM] Block Explorers needed  (Read 926 times)
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 10:17:07 AM

Some explorers have gone offline quite a while ago and this is not good and it seems no one cares :/

examples..

http://altcha.in/
http://src.coinco.in/
http://64.188.46.118/chain/SecureCoin

care ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 11:09:27 AM

if i can't keep track of what is going on i will dump them and not look back..

SRC for example.. i have no block explorer and no way of knowing the network hashrate.. not a good situation

and i agree people couldn't care less.. hmm wonder why that is lol

frobley

Activity: 708
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 12:18:55 PM

http://altcha.in/ was good reference for a lot of coin, s'pose it all costs money in the end.
A site like that I would have paid in some alts for a subscription
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 12:06:35 AM

altcha.in will be back soon

shakezula

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 12:21:50 AM

http://altcha.in/ was good reference for a lot of coin, s'pose it all costs money in the end.
A site like that I would have paid in some alts for a subscription

This is pretty much exactly the case for altcha.in; it costs a pant load and uses a lotta bandwidth. Its being moved soon though...
ahmed_bodi

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 01:09:37 AM

^yup as soon as ive finished diatonic can use my servers

dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 01:10:12 AM

Cost it does, and almost nobody donates to keep them up.

Cryptocoinexplorer.com is spread over 4 VPS now (3 For the production ABE explorers, 1 for CCE3 testing).

I am developing CCE3 to lower my costs by allowing me to have more explorers per server, but this does not reduce the cost of running the coin daemons needed for the explorer software to run.

Hopefully I will be able to carry most of the Alt coins when I release CCE3 and convert all the explorers to CCE3, but I am going to have to find a way to monetize the service.  I cannot continue to pay in both time and money to provide the service to the community.

I look at some of the things people pay large sums of coin for in the alt-coin community, scams and junk. Yet services they use everyday (not just my explorer service) get virtually nothing in donations to keep running.

ghostlander
Legendary

Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020

No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 01:22:54 AM

Cryptocoinexplorer.com is spread over 4 VPS now (3 For the production ABE explorers, 1 for CCE3 testing).

I am developing CCE3 to lower my costs by allowing me to have more explorers per server, but this does not reduce the cost of running the coin daemons needed for the explorer software to run.

Hopefully I will be able to carry most of the Alt coins when I release CCE3 and convert all the explorers to CCE3, but I am going to have to find a way to monetize the service.  I cannot continue to pay in both time and money to provide the service to the community.

I look at some of the things people pay large sums of coin for in the alt-coin community, scams and junk. Yet services they use everyday (not just my explorer service) get virtually nothing in donations to keep running.

Why don't you place some banners instead of those useless donation addresses?

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 02:09:31 AM

I imagine most of his traffic expense is for the API, not for the browser interface.

ghostlander
Legendary

Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020

No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 02:33:34 AM
Last edit: October 29, 2013, 01:11:55 PM by ghostlander

I imagine most of his traffic expense is for the API, not for the browser interface.

If a daemon, SQL and Abe run on the same VPS, there is no traffic wasted except for the HTML output which is miserable. Plain text API outputs are negligible absolutely in means of traffic. Performance depends mostly on memory size and hard disk read/write/access speed. SSD space is expensive unfortunately.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 02:39:13 AM

Excuse my but i happen to know that 1 coin dev told me he paid to have his Coin added to that url and he said it was not cheap..
And i find it doubtful that is a one time occurrence.. after all its one of the usual go to items on a bounty list..
as usual i see people putting a spin on things to make themselves look good and other look bad lol ..typical :/

there is one guy in the scene that told me he is working on something that will suit this purpose but
i will let him announce it etc.. it's not my place to go on about it but i hope it becomes a reality Smiley

dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 04:49:53 AM
Last edit: October 29, 2013, 06:46:16 AM by dreamwatcher

Excuse my but i happen to know that 1 coin dev told me he paid to have his Coin added to that url and he said it was not cheap..
And i find it doubtful that is a one time occurrence.. after all its one of the usual go to items on a bounty list..
as usual i see people putting a spin on things to make themselves look good and other look bad lol ..typical :/

there is one guy in the scene that told me he is working on something that will suit this purpose but
i will let him announce it etc.. it's not my place to go on about it but i hope it becomes a reality Smiley

In the year I have been doing this, I have accepted maybe two bounties before I made it a policy not to accept them anymore. Even those "bounties" were on coins I was planning to add anyway.

Those two bounties at most in terms in real value were maybe $50 or so.

I make it very clear and I have stated so in my threads that I accept donations and not bounties. They do not go into my decision to adding a coin or not.

This kind of burns me up, who the hell told you that?
Who are you to tell me I am putting a spin on things?  You have second-hand information that is not even accurate.
Do you know what the real value of "bounties" offered on new coins are?

I cannot speak to the replacement you are talking about, but if it is what I think it is, one of the developers I am working with is planning to use API commands tailored for his application to get block/transaction information and send transactions through CCE3.
dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 06:24:43 AM

As a matter of fact I just went through all my pm's (36 pages) to make sure I did not forget a large donation. The largest donation given to me where I knew the donor and was tied to a specific coin was on May 4 of this year. It was 0.5 BTC, worth about $50.00 at the time.
dragon695

Activity: 449
Merit: 103

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 10:48:38 PM

As a matter of fact I just went through all my pm's (36 pages) to make sure I did not forget a large donation. The largest donation given to me where I knew the donor and was tied to a specific coin was on May 4 of this year. It was 0.5 BTC, worth about $50.00 at the time.
People seem more likely to donate when they see there is a need. People are stupid that way, but it might be worthwhile to add a donation "meter" to each page track the costs vs donations on a monthly basis. It seemed to work for a translation group I was part of as it encouraged more people to donate, especially as the month came to an end. Then again, you have apis, so maybe it won't work as well?

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 08:19:01 AM

In the year I have been doing this, I have accepted maybe two bounties before I made it a policy not to accept them anymore. Even those "bounties" were on coins I was planning to add anyway.

Those two bounties at most in terms in real value were maybe $50 or so.

I make it very clear and I have stated so in my threads that I accept donations and not bounties. They do not go into my decision to adding a coin or not.

This kind of burns me up, who the hell told you that?
Who are you to tell me I am putting a spin on things?  You have second-hand information that is not even accurate.
Do you know what the real value of "bounties" offered on new coins are?

I cannot speak to the replacement you are talking about, but if it is what I think it is, one of the developers I am working with is planning to use API commands tailored for his application to get block/transaction information and send transactions through CCE3.

little good explaining things after the fact i think.. the site is down now regardless

and i won't bother saying who but its well known coin dev who said he paid you and it was not cheap.

how hard is it to demand that coin devs pay your for your work ?
don't bitch because you made it donation only and then complain no one donates lol ..gimme a break
if you demanded a fee for your service they would pay and i doubt they would complain either..

oh and by the way who the hell are you ?
Read through this topic and tell me its clear who is behind which block explorer.. or is that intentional ?

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 11:48:50 AM

Spoetnik shut up. Hes behind cryptocoinexplorer. Diatonic is behind altchain and webboise whichnshould be back up after i givenhim mybserver

Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 05:09:18 PM

Spoetnik shut up. Hes behind cryptocoinexplorer.

I'm going to agree with that.  You are being a real jerk to one of the most helpful persons in the cryptocoin community.  It sounds like you don't even know the distinction between his site and the others you are talking about - so how would you know someone paid him to list a coin?  (Not that there'd be anything wrong with that if they did.)

smolen

Activity: 524

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 10:07:19 PM

Some explorers have gone offline quite a while ago and this is not good and it seems no one cares :/

care ?

I need block explorers for new coins (think BLC Smiley), some day I'll write one and implant it right into qt wallet.

Of course I gave you bad advice. Good one is way out of your price range.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: