Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:11:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will happen to your favorite alt-coin?  (Read 17238 times)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 08:47:36 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2013, 10:57:19 PM by markm

Rather than more blockchains, which are afterall a ridiculously expensive format due to the cost of protection from 51% attack and so on, the plan is to use Open Transactions to branch out the DeVCoin system into more artistic and creative fields. Various domains have been acquired toward those goals but maybe some of the delay might have been due to problems trying to get all the required domains. So a lot has already been moving behind the scenes, it was not considered a good idea to talk a lot about those efforts before securing all the relevant domains otherwise we'd likely just find domain squatters grabbing all the domains they could predict from our discussions that we would be wanting.

Maybe if all the domains have at last been secured we could finally talk about those plans...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PeercoinEnthusiast

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

JustabitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 09:33:15 PM

The most successful coins will be the ones that fight for mainstream adoption. Peercoin isn't trying to be the poor man's Bitcoin, we're looking to introduce a large number of new people to crypto such as the Trekcon event:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=322818.0

JustaBitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis - Currently assisting Nxt
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 10:47:46 PM

But will they be able to pull together in time? I have noticed several mentions to limiting the number of writers because of the shares, but that diversification is necessary for upward movement at this point in time; They have hit rock bottom, almost, just 25 satoshi's to go.

other factors I've noticed is the lack of instructions to be a recipient of devcoins, they should be able to make affiliate websites for different developer communities. Knowing who to talk to, to link the community to Devcoin could save it... I am sure there are many communities out there who would like a creative incentive system. But of course we suffer from, not I, we will wait till someone does.

I don't think they have considered limiting the number if writers, but the max number of shares a writer can get per round.

And it's not "will they pull together in time" it's "when will everyone realize they aren't shit". As soon as the value of the coin goes up, so does the rate of development.

When I said that I asked them to add payment for video and art, those were affiliate site suggestions. And again they said the only obstical was funding.

And as far as instruction I plan on making videos for all the useful alt coins soon, explaining what they are and how exactly to get them, for everyone on YouTube.
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 10:52:36 PM

The most successful coins will be the ones that fight for mainstream adoption. Peercoin isn't trying to be the poor man's Bitcoin, we're looking to introduce a large number of new people to crypto such as the Trekcon event:

It's not about being a "poor mans coin" it's about bringing people in board that can't or won't buy or mine coins. Which is most of the world.
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 10:57:49 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2013, 11:11:14 PM by ANiceJewishBoy

If you haves been subscribed to this thread for a while and read the first post a long time ago, might want to re-read it, just because I've added a lot since the first day I posted it.

And if anyone would like to start a chain email or something using the link to this page, please do. My email is in the first post and I will send it to my contacts.

And if you have ever wanted to run for office in your town, being the owner of a town coin that had the potential to reduce the need for taxes, would be a pretty good platform.
rampalija

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 11:08:11 PM

ohhh so much altcoins, 10 % will survire 90% wouldnt

PeercoinEnthusiast

Activity: 126

JustabitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 11:09:29 PM

It's not about being a "poor mans coin" it's about bringing people in board that can't or won't buy or mine coins. Which is most of the world.

All I'm saying is a lot of coins are trying to be the next Litecoin, that's not the path of the Peercoin community. We're out there making the phone calls, spending the time to explain how coins can benefit a business. The coins that sit around and argue about nerd stats that no-one outside the community cares about are in for a rude awakening when they start approaching businesses with that mentality.  I believe the top alts will make a difference.

JustaBitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis - Currently assisting Nxt
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 11:12:49 PM

The point of this thread is that alt coins will start to be made with purpose. So it's not really about which current coins will stay, but which up and coming coin will leave them in the technological dust.
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 11:15:15 PM

All I'm saying is a lot of coins are trying to be the next Litecoin, that's not the path of the Peercoin community. We're out there making the phone calls, spending the time to explain how coins can benefit a business. The coins that sit around and argue about nerd stats that no-one outside the community cares about are in for a rude awakening when they start approaching businesses with that mentality.  I believe the top alts will make a difference.

That is a good start, but imagine if 10% of peer coin blocks mined went straight into the wallets of a telemarketing team, based on the number of phone calls they made in a month or something.

You would have advertising that drove itself. New blood would come every day for the opportunity to read a few wikis, and get paid to read them to others on the phone.
rampalija

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 11:16:09 PM

The point of this thread is that alt coins will start to be made with purpose. So it's not really about which current coins will stay, but which up and coming coin will leave them in the technological dust.

LTC, FTC and CGB will deffinetly survive for others i dont know. You probably asking yourself why i mentioned CGB. I am following it for a long time and i can tell you that they are many ppl interested in this coin and they are many holders

ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 11:22:07 PM

LTC, FTC and CGB will deffinetly survive for others i dont know. You probably asking yourself why i mentioned CGB. I am following it for a long time and i can tell you that they are many ppl interested in this coin and they are many holders

I believe in litecoin, as it has solidified a place as "bitcoin silver". I simply do not know enough about the other 2 to make a call.
rampalija

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 11:30:36 PM

I believe in litecoin, as it has solidified a place as "bitcoin silver". I simply do not know enough about the other 2 to make a call.

Everyone has his own belivings and they think that one is the best, i have mine and i am sure cuz i am reading a lot about coins and following them for a long term

ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 11:40:20 PM

Everyone has his own belivings and they think that one is the best, i have mine and i am sure cuz i am reading a lot about coins and following them for a long term
I do not "follow" any coin, and the only time I ever bought a bitcoin for USD was when they were $30 ea. I get Devcoins free, and it's the only reason I'm even involved in anything.

I'm not sharing beliefs, just letting you know: after me comes the flood.
rampalija

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 11:43:13 PM

i earned most of my BTCs by trading alts, and still doing such thing. LIKE TO TRADE Smiley

ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 12:50:38 AM

Please share this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnJSbFu3xhM
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 01:50:47 AM

Also, to anyone interested, this would be an amazing guerrilla marketing technique.
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 02:29:55 AM

What if everyone made a coin for their children as they were born?
No one would be born into debt, and we would all basically be independent nations.
jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 04:57:05 AM

Rather than more blockchains, which are afterall a ridiculously expensive format due to the cost of protection from 51% attack and so on, the plan is to use Open Transactions to branch out the DeVCoin system into more artistic and creative fields. Various domains have been acquired toward those goals but maybe some of the delay might have been due to problems trying to get all the required domains. So a lot has already been moving behind the scenes, it was not considered a good idea to talk a lot about those efforts before securing all the relevant domains otherwise we'd likely just find domain squatters grabbing all the domains they could predict from our discussions that we would be wanting.

Maybe if all the domains have at last been secured we could finally talk about those plans...

-MarkM-

So Mark what is Devcoins vision? what is it capable of? What is happening now?

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
Rupture

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 05:06:27 AM

Hopefully climb in price is the consensus
rampalija

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 07:26:17 AM

What if everyone made a coin for their children as they were born?
No one would be born into debt, and we would all basically be independent nations.

And no coin wuold worth anything

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: