Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:29:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So why Altcoins exist ??  (Read 485 times)
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:14:18 AM

Altcoins prices push the price of bitcoin up and down !!
if Altcoin is a simulation of bitcoin's path, so why not just bitcoin enough ??

Any altcoin owns its name, project and ideas, so why that altcoins are related in the pricing with bitcoin ??

altcoions is the other cryptocurrency and it's not bitcoin , in Short it's a little different to Bitcoin or alternatives to the Bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mast3rm1nd

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:23:46 AM

the altcoins offer special and unique features and focus on specific problems and issues in the real world or in the cryptocurrency one. all of the cryptocurrencies are an implementation of the the block chain technology. saying we should only have bitcoin is like saying we should only have the iphone for touch screen technologies.
Regarding the projects, and its objectives, there is many project has not any problems to resolve and no meaning of being in the existence.

I don't disagree with that, in fact I think 80-90% of coins are scams and people fall for them because of greed.

FANCHAIN  (by SportsCastr) [FORBES]  Backed by Former NBA Commissioner  DAVID STERN
ANN Thread Telegram Twitter Whitepaper
NOW LIVE!
Opnsrc

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:24:58 AM

Altcoin is created because they have their own project to prove, or they beleived that they are much better than bitcoin, as we all know most of the altcoin has a much better transaction fee and much faster rather than bitcoin.

Yes, sure. Bitcoin was just the pioneer, the mother of the cryptocurrency. Each altcoin can offer its own possibilities, many of them are much safer and more anonymous than Bitcoin. Thus, they will live.
PPumpsTogether (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:03:33 AM

the altcoins offer special and unique features and focus on specific problems and issues in the real world or in the cryptocurrency one. all of the cryptocurrencies are an implementation of the the block chain technology. saying we should only have bitcoin is like saying we should only have the iphone for touch screen technologies.
Regarding the projects, and its objectives, there is many project has not any problems to resolve and no meaning of being in the existence.

I don't disagree with that, in fact I think 80-90% of coins are scams and people fall for them because of greed.
i the think that many projects of altcoins are honest and they are treat a real problems as ethereum and litecoin and many others, from another hand they stays as investments, anything is possible in the investmen people can win and lose money, but when we speak technically i think yes many project may they are better than bitcoin functions like speed and wallets and objectives and blockchain options and mining execution.
They say that the difference is grace.
DarLim11

Activity: 151

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:20:13 AM

Altcoins is just like bitcoin. Those are coins that are aiming to be better to bitcoin. They provide lots of better features, security anfd offers that bitcoin can't give.

They exist also because bitcoin became famous and they see that creating new coins can make them successful.
CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:39:27 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2018, 12:00:33 PM by CHENIEN

Altcoins are actually a part of all cryptocurrencies, they are created as a line of cryptocurrency business, as we all know, a lots of coins are in the market today, different kinds and different in status but they are all part of the existence of bitcoin. And if we try to look back in the very beggining, when bitcoin created by the generous creator a certain name Satoshi Nakamoto, we don't see altcoin in that time, but time passes by, a lots of coins introduced and launch in the market, as what I have analyzed, altcoins are something a back up on bitcoin business on which people decides for another form of choices. Altcoin is created by Derek Nisvet and also a bitcoin fan, but if we try to count on how many altcoins that continuously created today, it was more than one thousands of altcoins today in the market.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
MXgirl150

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:10:37 PM

we need different alt coins for different purposes... thats the way i see it. I also think competetion is healthy for the market. It can only make everyone better. But I don't think we can have one coin to serve all purposes.
Schirer

Activity: 560
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:15:37 PM

Any altcoin owns its name, project and ideas, so why that altcoins are related in the pricing with bitcoin ??

first of all altcoins does not push btc anywhere.

Altcoins have a completely different purpose like eth/neo/eos and others they can be used to make tokens for your project, other alts are a lot faster than btc. Btc is not universal .

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Farrahyap27

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:29:27 PM

Altcoin is a standard name for any advanced cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin. The term remains as a competitive preference to Bitcoin. It can describe cryptocurrency that isn’t Bitcoin. This advent is not difficult to achieve as Bitcoin is a free, open-source stage platform. And most important you can earn fast and more in altcoins.
oloveloveo

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty"

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:37:09 PM

Because of a huge success of BITCOIN in cryptocurrency world, a lot of new cryptocurrency would like to improve what the bitcoin is lacking.
If bitcoin is enough theres should be no other altcoins.
Altcoins purpose is to fill what the bitcoins cant do, they offer their platforms to fill the limitations of bitcoin.
All of the people have different needs in daily life, and ALTCOINS provide it based on their platform. Because of that people who like their platform is investing in them.

And for me what i think is that the price of bitcoins is the one who would affect the price of ALTCOINS.
Almost all of the altcoins will suffer if the price of bitcoin decrease.
Also for investing in new altcoins, bitcoin is the primary source of investment medium.

DrYe5

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:48:07 PM

Because of a huge success of BITCOIN in cryptocurrency world, a lot of new cryptocurrency would like to improve what the bitcoin is lacking.
If bitcoin is enough theres should be no other altcoins.
Altcoins purpose is to fill what the bitcoins cant do, they offer their platforms to fill the limitations of bitcoin.
All of the people have different needs in daily life, and ALTCOINS provide it based on their platform. Because of that people who like their platform is investing in them.

And for me what i think is that the price of bitcoins is the one who would affect the price of ALTCOINS.
Almost all of the altcoins will suffer if the price of bitcoin decrease.
Also for investing in new altcoins, bitcoin is the primary source of investment medium.
The value of altcoins appears tied to Bitcoin’s value. You might expect that, given Bitcoin’s technical problems, altcoins might go up in value when Bitcoin goes down. But, over and over, we’ve seen that the opposite is true. When Bitcoin goes down, altcoins tend to go down, too.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 01:19:21 PM

who told you that price of altcoins pushes the price of bitcoins?cant you see the trend?bitcoin dictates what the price of altcoins will be.if the value of the Great coins grows,all the alternative coins will grow,but if bitcoin losses price then same as the other coins..so youre wrong in saying such word..about your question why altcoin exists,its because the great coin needs companions to offer other services and to make their own path here in crypto
bolbau

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 01:36:47 PM

altcoins does not affect bitcoin directly, otherwise i feel that bitcoin is able to affect the price of other coins. and if you ask why altcoins is exist, because the cryptocurrency technology continues developing, the expert keep make a new inovation from the technology, and i think this is really good to maintain existence of the cryptocurrency in the future!
malbterxic

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2018, 02:06:55 PM

As it seems to me it's not alts push BTC up and down, everything happens exactly the opposite.
That on the exchanges there are pairs of any alts with a BTC - this ensures the price dependence.
I understand that this is the choice of the exchanges themselves, what pairs they trade in.
I think that over time the situation will radically change and individual projects will become independent and it will be logical.

mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 02:19:49 PM

Altcoins is just like bitcoin. Those are coins that are aiming to be better to bitcoin. They provide lots of better features, security anfd offers that bitcoin can't give.

They exist also because bitcoin became famous and they see that creating new coins can make them successful.

The basic thing why we are also using bitcoin along with altcoins was very simple if bitcoin is die we have altcoins in our hands it is the common answer but bitcoin very powerful and very effective so it will not die soon .
partysaurus

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 02:22:37 PM

the wierd thing is that alt coins follow bitcoin it was not always like this if bitcoint went down most altcoins went up and vice versa, now they all follow each other, thats why i belive there is some big market manipulation going on.
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 03:54:31 PM

You see, it's more correct to say that it is bitcoin affect altcoins prices than opposite. All of them were created just in the chase of demand and greedy wish to make money on this and nothing more. Today the demand on everything about crypto is high, that means that we can expect the appearance of new and new coins and projects based on crypto and Blockchain.
criptogenious

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 01:47:56 PM

Altcoins have different goals and objectives other than bitcoin. This act as the alternative of bitcoin. Besides, they more like bitcoin clones having some differences in it. So, Altcoin is not simulating bitcoin's path and most of the time, they work independently.
Aderiho Bitjones

Activity: 256
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:45:06 PM

Altcoin is needed to create competition for bitcoins in the market of crypto-currencies. There can not be only one bitcoin. Also some altcoyins will win in speed in bitcoin and offer many things that bitcoin can not do. But they are not so popular in the market
vonnyaries

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:47:14 PM

as the name altcoin is an alternative coin its mean that thisc oin will be an alternative beside the bitcoin, its mean that like bitcoin, they use blockchain network system and do like bitcoin but its not bitcoin, hard to explain but like bitcoin with other name  Grin Grin

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: