Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:38:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero Original will Support the Original Monero Blockchain  (Read 1127 times)
Neo501

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:40:00 PM

Doesn’t  Monero Original have problems with security and privacy?
No, this fork cant experience problems in this regard ‘cause it uses original Monero blockchain.
It depends. In the new version of the protocol the ring size was increased but Monero Original uses the old version. It’s a dubious claim.
The old version of the protocol also had an adequate ring size and there were no problems with privacy. They’ve just made it even better.
If the new protocol has become better, why does Monero Original uses the old one?
Because the update has a range of changes which aren’t suitable for the users. That’s why the developers let that old version be.
devilini

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:45:53 PM

Doesn’t  Monero Original have problems with security and privacy?
No, this fork cant experience problems in this regard ‘cause it uses original Monero blockchain.
It depends. In the new version of the protocol the ring size was increased but Monero Original uses the old version. It’s a dubious claim.
The old version of the protocol also had an adequate ring size and there were no problems with privacy. They’ve just made it even better.
If the new protocol has become better, why does Monero Original uses the old one?
Because the update has a range of changes which aren’t suitable for the users. That’s why the developers let that old version be.
Which changes do users dislike?
shokhibul

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:41:55 PM

How long will it take to confirm one block?
Masik2018
Copper Member

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:16:39 PM

I think it's impossible to improve the privacy and security in any other ways, so in this case the size of the ring was increased from 5 to seven

Dimm_bounty13

Activity: 322

Tokenize Everything - https://www.udap.io/

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 07:55:35 PM

Monero Original team has announced support for the original Monero blockchain that will be kept and running after the Monero hard fork scheduled for the 6th of April 2018 at block #1546500.

Every user holding Monero on their XMR wallet that support Monero original will receive the equal number of XMO coins.

Read the details in the article of Coinidol dot com, the world blockchain news outlet: https://coinidol.com/monero-original-support-original-monero-blockchain/

Guys that's not a new coin. Give us more information about the split and what new features will be included into that project please?

happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:41:55 AM

Another free money in crypto. We've seen a lot of hardfork lately and as always, original coin will still be the best coin that will exist no matter how advance or added features they have in a new fork.
momo

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:45:51 PM

Has this fork already taken place long ago?   
sinfazat22ron

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 06:05:51 PM

Has this fork already taken place long ago?   
Less than a month has passed since that time, Monero Original appeared April 6.

shara

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:27:05 PM

Where can I find detailed info on all the options of Monero Original?
qqniceguyqq

Activity: 358

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:49:46 PM

In yr opinion, is Monero Original fork better than original Monero?
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4920

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:23:22 PM

People all this is is keeping the old non updated code so that ASICS can still mine it. It is nothing but a cash grab by the same people destroying coins with asics. If you want to support them then follow what has now become a shitcoin called monero-classic. The real Monero is not on Version 12+ and is ASIC proof (currently).

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
HaXX0R1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:26:44 PM

In reality i am not sure why there are different coins after the fork and what difference does these different coins from the same source code brings to the table, if i wanted a privacy coin, i will select the coin with the least value and i might not be holding the coin for a longer period as i am not sure how the development goes moving forward, if there is any progress then we can tell which coin is better.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀█████▄
 ▄████▀             ▀████▄
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀████▄
█████    █████████    █████
█████    ████████▀    █████
█████     ▄▄▄▄        █████
▀████▄   ██████      ▄████▀
 ▀████   █████▀     ▄████▀
   ▀▀     ▄▄▄    ▄▄█████▀
         █████   █████▀
         ▀███▀    ▀▀
COMPRO
FINANCE
▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
xarly1

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:07:23 PM

That's almost May now but I think the high price that you're expecting still impossible to happen, this is what happens if you're expecting really too much.            
popotao94

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:33:34 PM

It’s too early to draw the conclusions regarding this project, but it has an interesting idea. I think many people will want to work with classical Monero as they always did.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4920

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:29:22 PM

In reality i am not sure why there are different coins after the fork and what difference does these different coins from the same source code brings to the table, if i wanted a privacy coin, i will select the coin with the least value and i might not be holding the coin for a longer period as i am not sure how the development goes moving forward, if there is any progress then we can tell which coin is better.

Because the Fork away from ASICs is to stop centralization like where bitcoin is right now. Huge Asic farms are dangerous in many ways besides centralization they also bring vectors of attack into play that are not there when decentralized.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
kraksaa

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:13:07 AM

Hi,
Can someone give the address of a remote node to synchronize the blockchain xmo?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  

Jump to: