Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:06:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Unmerit rule?  (Read 494 times)
seven2smoke1

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:53:45 PM

I don't think demerit is needed Smiley. It'll be the best thing for merit abusers Smiley). They'll have chance to remove their merit abusing evidence then when checking time over, they'll send merit again. LOL. Although I know your idea is really good but we don't need it in this forum.
True, I don't think that demerit needed in the merit system. Only merit points will be good enough. As you said, merit abusers will take this chance to manipulate the system as they want, by sending and removing points to clear any evidence, In addition, there is some people who can demerit you without any reasons and then you can find yourself in a lower rank.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 10:19:52 PM

EDIT: I'm not talking about creating a demerit button,[/b] but I'm saying that we could work on a system where who gained merit by posting needs to prove he deserves them by earning a minimum amount by the end of the month or similiar. If the user doesn't reach that amount he loses some merits. Those merits could be re-distributed to members that deserve them.

It's only an idea, I don't want to offend anyone.

There are some other users that have contributed to form this place, a magnificent place full of information.

I would like to know what you think about it, thanks. Smiley
Seems decent on paper, but you're forgetting that some people have lives outside of BCT. And not only this, but there are a limited number of merits that can be sent by sources every month, which means that if a user doesn't get to that minimum amount of merit in the month despite posting well, then they are punished by the system.
Redistribution seems like a zero-sum game and beneficial but there are the hindrances to individuals that may choose to take a break. Would that dissolve them of their meritorious behavior? Surely not.

boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:12:45 PM

What is the point of such a hideously complex addition to the merit system? Right now, the system is still being felt out. It will take some time before the proper spending of merit, and rules for giving merit are more clearly established. I imagine that when trust was first implemented it was given almost freely, now it is difficult to obtain.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:48:04 PM

Well, there are some loophole in this system, as far as i can think of.
1. In my opinion, there are some gangs or groups going around in this forum, even though there is no official on it, but there are some people who thinks identical and they share same interest thus making them feel like they are in the same boat, so
 a. They could help each other, but even though they are giving merit to a good posts, it will look like this is a shady act like merit farming.
 b. There will be a oposition group for them, which will not give them merit to reduce the competition in the forum.
2. Even though there is no group, people will still doing what i said up there, especially the b part.
3. It will make lower rank member harder to collect merit. Because right now the system and mindset for people in this forum is to give merits to people in need, which mean hero to lower rank or sr. Member to lower rank, because it is not that important for legendary to get merit, but with your suggestion, all rank will need merit, so you adding more competitor to this competition of getting merit, and to be honest, i dont want to compete with higher rank members/experienced old member, just like a game, do you want to pvp people with higher level than you?

Those are things that i can think of now, would like to hear some other opinion too.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:59:29 AM

Do you get what i said?. I said, with your suggestion, all rank will need merit. Adding a required merit per month to maintain merit or adding new rank beyond legendary will make a lot of people need merit, doesnt care if it is a shitposter or the quality poster, that is why i said do you want to compete with people high quality poster with 3 years experience in this forum?
For now, up to hero member in need of merit. If we are talking about your suggestion, then all rank will need merit, dont care whether they are shitposter or quality poster, but it is making more competition. Then human tend to do favoritism, if a legendary rank say "a" and a member rank say "a" , who will get more merit in your opinion? And 1 thing to add, even though some legendary ranks are a shitposter, there are some of shitposter who is an original shit and some who is shitposting because they are lazy but originally they have the competence to be a high quality poster (i mean, come on man, 3 years of experience in cryptocurrency world)

Your suggestion is okay i guess, but not for now in my opinion.
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 11:46:20 AM

I don't think demerit is needed Smiley. It'll be the best thing for merit abusers Smiley). They'll have chance to remove their merit abusing evidence then when checking time over, they'll send merit again. LOL. Although I know your idea is really good but we don't need it in this forum.

Demerit is a dangerous avenue to go down for sure, but the shitposters who have already leveled up are also a threat to the quality of the forum.. Perhaps adding in an increase into the base merit required to keep current rank would be an option? it shouldn't be massive as posters who have been inactive will need a chance to get the level they had back, maybe something like a 50 merit increase to each level in 6 months, that would kick the shitposters down a level for sure, brain is a little fried right now so I cannot think of a sensible system that would work but I am sure someone else could come up with something constructive if they agree with me

I came here to say this. The only thing is that it wouldn't be fair for "archived" users, if you will. Or users that take a hiatus for several months, only to come back to a meritless account? That's not fair, as it would be viewed as a penalty for inactivity, not a penalty for not earning any merits.

I think that merits could use some sort of decay, though... Not sMerit decay, so don't get confused with what I'm trying to say... It's the same thing you all are saying, but with the stipulation that your merit score will drop ONLY if you (a) haven't earned a single merit in a predetermined amount of time and (b) your activity points have increased within every activity period of that predetermined amount of time. This would just mean that they users who are actively posting and haven't earned a single merit would be the only ones at risk of losing rank.

I have no complaints about the merit system; I find it extremely easy to be able to earn merits. It doesn't take a lot to put some thought into your posts, by any means.

And OP, like @The Pharmacist, I've given you a merit, as well, as it is very apparent that you put a lot of thought into this topic.

rehydrogenated

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:49:29 PM

Why do so many people want to make the merit system even harder? Maybe we all need to sit down and have a discussion about goals. If the goal is to reduce spam and get bots off the forum, then let's do things that help with that.

While this forum is great, I do have a day job. I also consider myself an investor and not a trader. I also prefer to read and not post most of the time. Your ideas about merit decay would actually INCREASE spam from people like me. Because now I HAVE to post all the time to try to earn merit and I can't just relax and choose NOT to earn merit. Being a member of this forum isn't a job for 99% of the people here.
Bardman

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:27:49 PM

Why do so many people want to make the merit system even harder? Maybe we all need to sit down and have a discussion about goals. If the goal is to reduce spam and get bots off the forum, then let's do things that help with that.

While this forum is great, I do have a day job. I also consider myself an investor and not a trader. I also prefer to read and not post most of the time. Your ideas about merit decay would actually INCREASE spam from people like me. Because now I HAVE to post all the time to try to earn merit and I can't just relax and choose NOT to earn merit. Being a member of this forum isn't a job for 99% of the people here.

Bots are dying already, it's virtually impossible for a bot to ever rank up now with the new system. Also we still have the best tool available, reports. I think a lot of people forgot about this, you can report as many posts as you like and you can even create threads dedicated to expose spammers and shit posters and they will get either banned or red tagged.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
Emilyearl

Activity: 700
Merit: 105

APESWAP

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:33:26 PM

Those people in high rank, attained that for being here earlier than you and I. So that's their reward for being among the early birds. And if they don't contribute to the forum it's not a compulsion maybe just like you whom was inactive  upon joining, maybe they're also inactive right this moment. Let's all just wait the merit system out and see what it brings.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: