Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:31:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Balance Not Updated In 24 Hours - Is There A Problem?  (Read 585 times)
syscorpdev (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:28:14 PM

I started mining about a week ago using a HP Envy m6 using GUIminer and was doing okay. The longer I mined the more shares I started collecting. Got up to 0.00001350 in my balance and decided to try CPU mining on an Ubuntu 12 box using cpuminer because my graphics card (Radeon 9250 - [R9/250] does not support OpenCL) won't let me GPU mine on Ubuntu. The minute I started CPU mining, my reward balance became stuck and has not updated. What should I do?
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mstang83

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:38:27 PM

If you are trying to mine bitcoin using a CPU, you are waisting your time. The difficultly is too high and you cannot get enough work done before work is flushed and the next block is started.  But, you can still use CPU mining for alternate coins like litecoin or similar where the network difficulty isn't too high.

nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 12:49:35 AM

If you are trying to mine bitcoin using a CPU, you are waisting your time. The difficultly is too high and you cannot get enough work done before work is flushed and the next block is started.  But, you can still use CPU mining for alternate coins like litecoin or similar where the network difficulty isn't too high.

What he said. What you should do is look on http://coinchoose.com to find the most profitable coin to mine.

vendetahome

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 12:59:18 AM

I started mining about a week ago using a HP Envy m6 using GUIminer and was doing okay. The longer I mined the more shares I started collecting. Got up to 0.00001350 in my balance and decided to try CPU mining on an Ubuntu 12 box using cpuminer because my graphics card (Radeon 9250 - [R9/250] does not support OpenCL) won't let me GPU mine on Ubuntu. The minute I started CPU mining, my reward balance became stuck and has not updated. What should I do?

I dont want to stop you from having some fun, but what is the minimal withdrawal you can make from your pool and how long it will take to mine this amount with your computer ?
syscorpdev (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:49:21 AM

Sorry I couldn't reply sooner. Had trouble getting back in...

I took the advice given and went to http://www.wheretomine.com and did some research on alternate coins I might be able to leverage against bitcoins. I tried CinnamonCoin but could not get started mining (signed up for pool mining but couldn't get either CGminer or CPUminer to work).

I also looked at WorldCoin, but not sure if that is a good alternative.

In the meantime, back to my original post -

I think someone from Slush's pool read my post because my account started updating again. Don't know if my balance is right because I can't get a daily log. Does anyone know how to keep a running ledger for their mining activities?
syscorpdev (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:02:11 AM

I dont want to stop you from having some fun, but what is the minimal withdrawal you can make from your pool and how long it will take to mine this amount with your computer ?

I think minimum withdrawl is 1.00 btc (I saw something mentioning 0.05 btc but I don't think you can go that low). The calculator says it will take forever and a day to get a block based upon current difficulty. That's why I'm looking at alt currency.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:23:16 AM

Unless you mine on 100+ CPUs you'll never earn enough in your lifetime to be able to withdraw from slush.

Mine with a coin that is designed for CPU mining.  Even LTC is escaping the realm of CPU mining for people with free electricity.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: