Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:38:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin TOP-500 Richest  (Read 79645 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 02:45:58 PM

MP:
838,284,714 S.MPOE shares, 30day avg price 0.00085145 = 713757.52 BTC.
50% stake in S.BBET, 10,000,000 shares, 30day avg price 0.00065159 = 3257.97 BTC
Stock warrants for 88,096,605 S.MG shares at 1 par, 30day avg price 0.00018137 = 7168.42 BTC.
Grand total: 724183.91 BTC.

Probably a few BTC from his participation as minority partner in S.NSA, too, as well as whatever BTC, private investments etc he may hold.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 02:54:29 PM

MP:
50% stake in S.BBET, 10,000,000 shares, 30day avg price 0.00065159 = 3257.97 BTC
Stock warrants for 88,096,605 S.MG shares at 1 par, 30day avg price 0.00018137 = 7168.42 BTC.

Probably a few BTC from his participation as minority partner in S.NSA, too, as well as whatever BTC, private investments etc he may hold.

Wow, that's quite transparent Smiley
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 03:18:13 PM

MP:

sell it all to make it count.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 03:41:01 PM

His part of S.MPOE is worth 142.7M$?

How many shares are there in total  Huh
MPOE-PR

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 05:21:05 PM

All the btc you mean?

His part of S.MPOE is worth 142.7M$?

How many shares are there in total  Huh

You know you can just read the contract. S.MPOE has been Bitcoin's largest public company for years now. S.DICE nearly equaled it (or I think equaled it for a brief moment in the summer of 2012), AM was for a few months in the Summer of 2013 well above it (almost double at some point I think), but alas these come and go. S.MPOE is still here.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 05:25:24 PM

All the btc you mean?

He means that (despite it is not explicitly mentioned anywhere in the thread) only actual bitcoins count. If something is valued in bitcoins, like MP's shareholdings, they don't count for the purposes of this thread.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 05:32:25 PM

All the btc you mean?

He means that (despite it is not explicitly mentioned anywhere in the thread) only actual bitcoins count. If something is valued in bitcoins, like MP's shareholdings, they don't count for the purposes of this thread.

It's true this should not count for this particular thread. His holdings are far from worthless (although the valuation based on market price isn't very accurate if you hold so much of the shares) and he has a big investment in Bitcoin, just not directly. I appreciated the transparency. Thanks! Smiley

This is all separate of how I (or any of you) feel about MP. I always have the feeling he likes to go out of his way NOT to be liked Grin
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 05:38:22 PM

If something is valued in bitcoins, like MP's shareholdings, they don't count for the purposes of this thread.
It's true this should not count for this particular thread. His holdings are far from worthless (although the valuation based on market price isn't very accurate if you hold so much of the shares) and he has a big investment in Bitcoin, just not directly. I appreciated the transparency. Thanks! Smiley

This is all separate of how I (or any of you) feel about MP. I always have the feeling he likes to go out of his way NOT to be liked Grin

I have begun to think that the valuation of S.MPOE is legit (and if we would have a Bitcoin-who-is-who-in-total-wealth list, it should be counted), but I think it is grossly overvalued, and I would not even consider buying at this price.

Does anyone have a better estimate of MP's bitcoin stash?

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
MPOE-PR

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 05:57:55 PM

Does anyone have a better estimate of MP's bitcoin stash?

How about "big enough that when BTC is about to move up people come to ask for permission"?

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 06:32:17 PM

Roll Eyes   She failed to get a joke made on irc...

Posts like this more or less prove this is not MP using a sock. MP is not nearly this dumb.

I think you failed to get the joke she made about the joke made on irc.

Pls don't tell me I failed to get the joke you made about the joke she made about the joke made on irc.  Sad
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 06:51:45 AM

Perhaps it's good that this was moved to off-topic becuase now it really is.
I assumed you were going to clean up the posts sooner or later.

Also some of the staff here hold a lot of BTC. They have been anti these sort of lists in the past.

Yes I will clean up once that part of the conversation has died out, after a few days perhaps.

I wonder why so secret.. I voluntarily published my own records, because I want Bitcoin to grow. If the high rollers (at least some of them, to at least some precision) were public, it would greatly have increased for example my trust in bitcoin. You want to know the reason why I don't buy altcoins? Nobody knows the holders, so scam, pump and dump are apparent.

Can anyone imagine how much more money I make selling bitcoins when I can say that I own a million-dollar-chunk of them myself? Publicity is good. The trust towards Bitcoin foundation would increase instantly if the board made a joint declaration that they own 10% of bitcoins.

I think the secretive members of the staff should just wake up to the fact that this may be the first public list of their estimated holdings, but government, criminal and even private organisations have their own lists already. I was also thinking of collecting the list privately but then thought - what a heck, this way I can make other people help me in the gathering of the data and make it benefit the public the most, and it is much cheaper too.

If you own too many bitcoins relative to your ability, just sell the excess part and pay the taxes. It is no shame to be an early adapter.

just_me

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Jesus Christ Saves Sinners

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 08:11:06 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2013, 08:35:20 AM by just_me

I missed out on the early bitcoin thing, but only because of circumstances and situations beyond my control,
or else I believe I would be on that list. ( I remember finding bitcoin in the fall of 2009 , but I was struggling for my life at the time, and all my money went to keep me alive, and I still did not have enough.  )

Today is the day that the Lord has made, lets be glad and rejoice in it
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 10:36:51 AM

All the btc you mean?

What you listed is not BTC holdings, but some assets you claim to own.

Try not to take it personally, but your balance sheet is irrelevant here since we're talking about "physical" BTC holdings.

(It's also bit similar to how the balance sheets of some (all?) banks are "inflated", because there's no way that shit could be sold on the market without sending price way south)

EDIT: oops, I'm late. Already said.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 12:44:21 PM

Advertisement: The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.

How about moving this back to Bitcoin discussion, which was a moderator decision (originally it was in Economics). Let's hope it was BadBear's personal problem that caused one of the most central and most followed (3000 reads in 2 days) threads to be moved here, which necessarily causes the information to be not as accurate as it could be.

Wink

MPOE-PR

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 08:03:10 PM

Try not to take it personally, but your balance sheet is irrelevant here since we're talking about "physical" BTC holdings.

(It's also bit similar to how the balance sheets of some (all?) banks are "inflated", because there's no way that shit could be sold on the market without sending price way south)

No. What's listed are assets publicly and provenly owned. Everyone else's supposed BTC stashes are nothing more than empty claims. The difference you see cuts exactly the opposite way you'd like it to cut.

In other words: what you represent as satoshi's stash could well be MP's. MP's block of S.MPOE stock could not be anyone else's.

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 08:41:57 PM

KnightMB 371,000 bitcoins
http://www.wired.com/magazine/2011/11/mf_bitcoin/2/
nakowa 10,000+ bitcoins (assuming he hasn't lost it all since)
http://www.dailydot.com/news/biggest-bitcoin-win-gambling-history-nakowa/

He deposited a couple of thousand into Lets-dice and I'm pretty sure he lost a majority after gambling on just-dice (the after-effects, a plus .35% profit, oh it was beautiful).
manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 09:37:37 PM

I thought bitcoiners enjoyed privacy?
Shouldn't we respect each other privacy?

Privacy, with a full hand scan to get some bitcoins at the atm. Can buy anything i want without providing a fingerprint, only exception is few satoshi's at said machine.
 Privacy?
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 09:48:53 PM

No. What's listed are assets publicly and provenly owned. Everyone else's supposed BTC stashes are nothing more than empty claims. The difference you see cuts exactly the opposite way you'd like it to cut.
In other words: what you represent as satoshi's stash could well be MP's. MP's block of S.MPOE stock could not be anyone else's.
A fairly common and accurate predictor of a person's wealth can be made by how desperately they brag about it.   Generally, it is like Queen Gertrude's dramatically ironic comment.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 10:19:59 PM

Hey man, you are very wealthy, I get it and envy you.

but please show some respect for the context you're operating in here.

from OP:

Quote from: first post
From public sources, let us collect information on people/institutions who have disclosed their holdings. Only actual bitcoins count

Are those assets you listed bitcoins? If not they don't count for the purposes of this thread.

MPOE-PR

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 10:21:38 PM

A fairly common and accurate predictor of a person's wealth can be made by how desperately they brag about it.   Generally, it is like Queen Gertrude's dramatically ironic comment.

Actually, a good indicator of people's intelligence is their participation in this forum. I am the PR working for this guy, numbnuts. That's what I do all day: hang out with you idiots and point out just how fucking worthless you are when compared to MP, and explain and document the why. This'd be a fine example of that.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: